What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshark

Juniors
If he is convicted he will never play RL in this country again. He will play overseas no doubt, but if it goes bad for him in court hes f**ked.

Rubbish. Firstly he wont be convicted of the assault charges and secondly, just saying for a moment that he does, there is no way the NRL can impose a life ban and there would be more than one club willing to sign him after he completes his punishment.

cb4

First Grade
Rubbish. Firstly he wont be convicted of the assault charges and secondly, just saying for a moment that he does, there is no way the NRL can impose a life ban and there would be more than one club willing to sign him after he completes his punishment.

did latu get a life ban or is he sweet to come back??

Dave Q

Coach
Doritoes cashed in apparently.

I dont know about that, but from my perspective from what I read, that situation was a more of a result of some issues that he had in the head at the time as opposed to an act of wanton evilness by some violent creep.

That doesnt justify what he did and he definitely deserved to get punished but he was treated like the devil incarnate and at the end I felt a bit sorry for him because clearly, he wasnt well.

And Im not saying its OK for sick people to lose control but it may have been that his mind was elsewhere than on the fracas at the time and he lost it.

If I recall, he went overseas and then he came back to face the music.

Few players have been as sorry and contrite as he was. He was genuinely upset by the incident and I understand that he sought proessional help to address the medical aspects of his conidtion. He did what he could to set things right... as far as he could. No arrogance or pride. He was humble and totally humiliated. He was sincere and genuine.

If any crim deserves the slightest hint of forgiveness and understanding, its this bloke.

Hes done some time off the paddock and lots of people still hate him or think poorly of him, but I reckon he deserves just one more chance.

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
I meant the NRL.

If he is a real racist, then he's certainly a sick pup, all of them are.

hahaha!!

Even though that was unintentional.

I dont know about that, but from my perspective from what I read, that situation was a more of a result of some issues that he had in the head at the time as opposed to an act of wanton evilness by some violent creep.

That doesnt justify what he did and he definitely deserved to get punished but he was treated like the devil incarnate and at the end I felt a bit sorry for him because clearly, he wasnt well.

And Im not saying its OK for sick people to lose control but it may have been that his mind was elsewhere than on the fracas at the time and he lost it.

If I recall, he went overseas and then he came back to face the music.

Few players have been as sorry and contrite as he was. He was genuinely upset by the incident and I understand that he sought proessional help to address the medical aspects of his conidtion. He did what he could to set things right... as far as he could. No arrogance or pride. He was humble and totally humiliated. He was sincere and genuine.

If any crim deserves the slightest hint of forgiveness and understanding, its this bloke.

Hes done some time off the paddock and lots of people still hate him or think poorly of him, but I reckon he deserves just one more

OK fair enough, he was in remorse but you really could have just said: "It's just another player that cant handle thier piss"

That will probably be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.