What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Q

Coach
They must have had a crack sale down at your local store yesterday, Bird is our best player, end of story.

Methinks Gallen takes that honour.

The cops have had plenty of time to withdraw charges etc.

If they have gone ahead with both charges, I'd say they must be confident of having some kind of case.

As I said before, they have massive intellectual resources at their disposal they can fall back on.

Due to its high profile, it wouldnt surprise me if they had a QC or SC looking at it at some stage.

Some of the best minds of the legal profession are out to nail him ...as peoples reputations are on the line all over the place.

Never underestimate the cops.

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore
Methinks Gallen takes that honour.

The cops have had plenty of time to withdraw charges etc.

If they have gone ahead with both charges, I'd say they must be confident of having some kind of case.

As I said before, they have massive intellectual resources at their disposal they can fall back on.

Due to its high profile, it wouldnt surprise me if they had a QC or SC looking at it at some stage.

Some of the best minds of the legal profession are out to nail him ...as peoples reputations are on the line all over the place.

Never underestimate the cops.

Thats right and a case like this really deserves a QC to be looking at it, backed with enormous resources to boot.

Don't want to look like idiots by having to withdraw charges do we.

Meanwhile the guy that murdered my mother 12 months ago still hasn't had a psych test yet, and the case has been handed from one low level prosecutor to another. Go figure !

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
typical surely.
its all about the profile isn't it.
Too many peoples names in the paper on this one now.

PS. I hope your not serious about your mother.

Squae

Juniors
Yeah hope you are joking.

In regards to the comment about Bird no great loss. I agree that we can better use his money elsewhere (whether he is guilty or not)

Current Second rowers for next season.
Gallen, Tupou, Weirdo, Anderson, Milo, Bukuya?, Douggie?, Green?

Than you compare that to our backline (which still has simmons!!!), and is without any big names.

Are we not better using the $300-350, on a player like cutie

Anyway I know a bit off topic, but, I just find it interesting that people see him as such a severe loss when we already have a rep back line without him, and which would leave great players in reserve grade if he does come back.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Geezus f**k.
I was saying how incredible it was with Birds charges being so different just a few police stations away in Sydney.
Mate, if you are in QLD, I can only imagine your anguish & frustration.
Very sorry to hear that.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
unfortunately i am.

Well I don't have the words to write.

Very sorry to hear this sort of thing about one of "our own".

ummmm

I feel for you Surely. I have no idea what it must be like except the obvious. Unpleasant and ire provoking. It's bad enough losing a loved one from natural causes let alone having them stolen from you.

ummmmmmmm

Dave Q

Coach
Im dreadfully sorry too Surely.

All this Bird stuff is all bogus crap compared to your situation.

If you want share any of it, or how you are feeling, even to get a tiny bit of it off your chest, just PM me mate.

Dave.

Accredited Idiot #142 ( Formalwear Express sub-branch)

Surely

Post Whore
It's ok guys, happened just over 12 months ago now, i thought you knew, posted something in 4c on it a couple of months after it happened.

And no angry not a car, a knife and a paranoid schizophreniac.

Dave Q

Coach
Youre pretty courageous to put it that way Surely.

Puts things into some kind of perspective.

It must be almost unbearable for you to have to listen to players of the likes of SBW whinging on about their miserable lives and being ungrateful about their circumstances.

And theres mentally ill people out and about everywhere.

Special K

Coach
woah I don't want to keep talking about it but really sorry to hear that Surely. I really hope the merkin gets what is coming to him and glad to see your doing well. wow unimaginable stuff..

and heres my attempt to lighten the mood

free bird!

Inferno

Coach
It's ok guys, happened just over 12 months ago now, i thought you knew, posted something in 4c on it a couple of months after it happened.

And no angry not a car, a knife and a paranoid schizophrenic.

I'm sorry for your loss Surely.

Don't want to hijack the thread and turn it into a debate on mental health, but I recall at the time you mentioned that schizophrenics had a high murder rate, do you recall exactly what that was?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Reiterating the pair's determination to stay in a relationship, he did admit Ms Milligan remained in the US for now.
thus avoiding any attempt to serve her with a subpoena to appear as a compellable witness for the prosecution.

Surely

Post Whore
I'm sorry for your loss Surely.

Don't want to hijack the thread and turn it into a debate on mental health, but I recall at the time you mentioned that schizophrenics had a high murder rate, do you recall exactly what that was?

one in a hundred

Condolences from my family to yours Surely.

Having had a fair bit to do with the legal and mental health systems in Qld in a previous job, I now first hand how f*cken slow they move. It's a shattering experince for the families.

Status
Not open for further replies.