What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syko

Juniors
wife beater praised as a hero to sharks fans, for those that know him tell him I said he is a lollipoper and a little bitch that beats up on women

samshark

Juniors
But in this case they had to be together,because Birds pleaded guilty to mischief which involving the same incident of partys(people) involved, where in shoplifting as you said different incidents which involved different partys(people)

Come again????

Of course the sentencing for the public mischief will be handled together with the reckless wounding and false reps. Its all the same matter. The question was asked can be Bird be sentenced together for all the charges he faces i.e this incident and the Fusion incident. Two completely separate incidents. And the answer is yes, as I stated with the shoplifting example I gave.

Danger

Juniors
Some of the guys on this thread would have made Adolf Hitler captain of the sharks if a) the side existed in WW2 and b) Adolf had a good kicking game.

Whoa, Slow down Dave Q... Your way off the mark. The only way we'd want Adolf is if he had a bit of pace, we're not after halves.

Last edited:

samshark

Juniors
So the saga ends (we think). I did think Bird would beat the charges because of the obvious holes in the prosecution case and I thought his legal team would mount a strong defence. I gotta say I am shocked that his team entered an early guilty plea and then also decided not to cross examine the witnesses. Dont quite understand that one.

Anyway, whilst a lot of us disagreed with the type/amount of charges laid and the club sacking him before his court hearing I really dont think any of us actually believed in his innocence. Whether it was a push, a throw, whatever I think we all thought he was responsible for her injury. I know I did so I am not dissapointed at the verdict. So justice has been served and whilst it was bad to lose probably our best hope of taking us to a grandfinal the club is vindicated in their decision to sack him.

I can understand why Bird handled things the way he did being young, dumb, panicking, media pressure, his manager telling him know doubt but he really only has himself to blame and I think one day he will wish he handled things differently, if he doesnt aleady.

He will more than likely be back in the NRL but in the mean time I think he is a real chance of doing jail time although it will most likely be a suspended sentence on a good behaviour bond.

Lets move on.

carcharias

Immortal
and we already had a player with one nut.

YES AND THERE IT IS PEOPLE!

Bird causing an injury to his girlfriends eye has somehow morphed into Noddy has one testicle.

FTR IMO I reckon she came home pissed up...
they had a fight about it or whatever.

He probably pushed her over or the like .
I would highly doubt he got a glass and stuck it in her eye.
If he did ..she is the fuggedset up wench on the planet for standing by him.

now
Just to give a little off topic exampple of how lies can take on a life of their own.

My bestmate at school and I jigged school one day.
He rode his pushy to the shop to get smokes in the morning.
He stacked and took some skin off him.
He had an excuse to tell his parents why he didn't make it to school.
Problem is he said he was run off the rode by a bloke in a yellow VW.
His dad told his next door neighbour about it...who was some sort of lawyer.
This lawyer dude went all out to get justice,
...anyway to cut a long story short....my nate somehow got a pay out for being run over by a bloke in a yellow VW that didn't even exist.

crazy stuff.

So bird and his dumbarse seppo wench lying about what was probably just a pissed up semi-accident would not suprise me.

coolumsharkie

Referee
YES AND THERE IT IS PEOPLE!

Bird causing an injury to his girlfriends eye has somehow morphed into Noddy has one testicle.

FTR IMO I reckon she came home pissed up...
they had a fight about it or whatever.

He probably pushed her over or the like .
I would highly doubt he got a glass and stuck it in her eye.
If he did ..she is the fuggedset up wench on the planet for standing by him.

now
Just to give a little off topic exampple of how lies can take on a life of their own.

My bestmate at school and I jigged school one day.
He rode his pushy to the shop to get smokes in the morning.
He stacked and took some skin off him.
He had an excuse to tell his parents why he didn't make it to school.
Problem is he said he was run off the rode by a bloke in a yellow VW.
His dad told his next door neighbour about it...who was some sort of lawyer.
This lawyer dude went all out to get justice,
...anyway to cut a long story short....my nate somehow got a pay out for being run over by a bloke in a yellow VW that didn't even exist.

crazy stuff.

So bird and his dumbarse seppo wench lying about what was probably just a pissed up semi-accident would not suprise me.

:lol:

coolumsharkie

Referee
hey coolum this mate ( not anymore ) was as nice of a bloke you could meet.
He just had a serious addiction to various things and some of the stories he told to cover his arse are legendary.

Watching the Bird circus unravel was nothing.

I've met a few people like that, it's freaky how they can construct an elaborate lie from nothing so that down the track they get to what they want and/or need.

As a matter of fact Bird is a useless lier.

carcharias

Immortal
MET one?

I lived with him.

I came home to find the joint being finger printed by the cops.
The house had been robbed.

he called them himself....but he was the one who robbed the joint it turned out!

..and guess what?

He got a fuggen insurance claim for it.

I finally cracked and threatened to kill him one night.
He fessed up.
I made him go and admit to every single mate to what he had nicked off them over the years.

dunno where he is these days.
He is probaly on here ...he does follow the sharkies.

Just don't leave your guitar at his place...he will tell you that his cat looked like it was going to scratch it and that he has taken to his dads place for safe keeping.

funny...all my life I never knew his dad was the bloke in the hock shop.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I used to run a hock shop, it's still up and running... You wouldn't believe the amount of idiots that hock stolen stuff and produce thier own photo I'D. I used to see the cops every week.

Quigs

Immortal
Interesting Carch and Cools.

On a side note only 7 more post to crack the 3000 mark.

We can do it

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

SirShire

First Grade
A circumstancial case where the alleged victim didn't press charges, no eyewitness and convicted on assumption by the judge.

Is it common for these types of trials to be conducted without juries ?

How much of a simpleton are you?

Do you know what circumstancial evidence means?

You know now that the 'alleged' victim is now an actual one, and that her failure to assist police proved to be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It actually speaks volumes about the strength of the case that a victim's statement was not needed to secure conviction.

No eyewitness? There were two people in the room. A victim and to what degree we are unsure, an offender. As much as it remains unclear, it remains fairly obvious that the actions of one or the other lead to injuries. The court has established where the fault lies.

It is wrong for you to say the judge's assumption. Perhaps a consideration of the evidence presented is more accurate?

Surely

Post Whore
How much of a simpleton are you?

Do you know what circumstancial evidence means?

I know what circumstancial is. you might not though.

Evidence of an indirect nature which implies the existence of the main fact in question but does not in itself prove it.

If you want to go down the track of circumstancial, prints are circumstancial, dna is circumstancial, motive is circumstancial.

Where are any of those three ?

He was convicted because he lied, thats the crux of the matter. According to the judge he lied, therefore he is guilty.

Dave Q

Coach
I agree with samshark, where was the cross of the prosecution witnesses?

A good barrister could have torn them up to shreds. They werent even there during the event, people say dumb things all the time at hospitals etc. You cant rely on what you think you heard.

To overcome the lies, Bird and the girl should have manned up and given evidence on the stand.

Bird doesnt have to give evidence, but if he had, there is a remote chance that he could have explained the lies away.

I'd bet everything i own against it, but it was a chance we now know I suppose, was worth taking.

If he loses on appeal, I dont agree that he will get a suspended sentance, I think he do a real-life stretch.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
I know what circumstancial is. you might not though.

Evidence of an indirect nature which implies the existence of the main fact in question but does not in itself prove it.

If you want to go down the track of circumstancial, prints are circumstancial, dna is circumstancial, motive is circumstancial.

Where are any of those three ?

He was convicted because he lied, thats the crux of the matter. According to the judge he lied, therefore he is guilty.

And there was the text what bird blame an innocent person

Status
Not open for further replies.