What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Article used BY Millers
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...feel-about-that/2008/08/25/1219516372405.html

Where is said that happened?
But bird has not yet given a statement.

and is the only one who has given a statement.

maybe something factual here?

that doesn't even sound like a sentence anybody except police would use. Lets look at it again
"There is blood everywhere in the unit. We have told police it's you".
him what? attacked katie? having his period? perhaps him bleeding?

Again his biggest fear is the media, not the law. The solicitor bird put him in contact with took him in to the station & told them what they knew.

And????

Why? I still don't understand why the police are even involved at this stage.

Mate i just ran over somebody whilst drunk. Told the cops you did it. How do feel about that?

mate, im going to kick you in the balls. How do feel about that?

how do feel about that?

Who f*cking talks like that?

You've done a good job there reefy, I'm starting to think differently about it also. It's a weird one thats for sure.

Surely

Post Whore
I'm still of the opinion he should be playing, he has stated it was an accident and has not been proven guilty of any offence.

I'm really curious if and what might happen to Gavin Orr ? He too has mislead and try to pervert the course of justice plus todays relevations he *may* have broken the AVO by visiting the victim. I know he is looking after his player but geeze he aint coming out of this squeaky clean either

Assuming that what has been reported as Bird's bail conditions are correct, and he is not allowed to contact her, either directly or indirectly, Orr visiting her represents a breach of his bail. Off to gaol for Bird.

samshark

Juniors
Assuming that what has been reported as Bird's bail conditions are correct, and he is not allowed to contact her, either directly or indirectly, Orr visiting her represents a breach of his bail. Off to gaol for Bird.

No it doesnt. Only if they could prove that Orr was contacting her on behalf of Bird.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I think you'll find one of two scenarios come out...

He either threw it at her in an arguement and intended to hit her, or he threw it in her general vicinity and the glass shattered and has hit her in the eye and caused the injury.

I would be very surprised to hear that he has actually struck her with the glass.

Either way i don't see how he will be again playing for the sharks given his false statements to club officials.

She has a fractured eye socket mate...i dont think shattered glass would do that!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Put sh*t on Noddy and you may improve your credibility with reefy. He's as myopically passionate in his support for Bird as he is in his loathing of the gnome.

I am by no means a fan of Greg Bird the Character or even the footballer really.

so STFU idiot.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
How is this for 2 paragraphs together.

Police have alleged in court that Bird tried to implicate his friend, golfer Brent Watson, in the attack, while Watson was in fact playing in a golf tournament that morning.

The court was told Bird allegedly texted Mr Watson, saying he had blamed him for Ms Milligan's "accident", and saying "my manager is helping me sort this sh*t out".

so the police are calling it an attack & everybody else is calling it an accident?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24248274-5007132,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.