What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshark

Juniors
Why else was he there? Commonsense let alone legal advice would tell him to keep away.

Did you listen to what I said? You raised the point about Bird breaching his bail and going off to jail and I gave you the answer. I will make this simpler for you. Assuming the AVO/Bail includes the clause that Bird is not to contact the girl through a third party, which it would this means as follows:

Scenario A - Orr goes and sees her and hands her a letter from Greg Bird. She makes a complaint then yes Bird is off to jail
Scenario B - Orr goes and sees her. Asks how she is, talks about the weather and anything else. Then no breach has been incurred.

Are you clear now?

Dave Q

Coach
p-csi.jpg

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

:lol::cool: Loved it, Nice work Quigs.

samshark

Juniors
How is this for 2 paragraphs together.

Police have alleged in court that Bird tried to implicate his friend, golfer Brent Watson, in the attack, while Watson was in fact playing in a golf tournament that morning.

The court was told Bird allegedly texted Mr Watson, saying he had blamed him for Ms Milligan's "accident", and saying "my manager is helping me sort this sh*t out".

so the police are calling it an attack & everybody else is calling it an accident?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24248274-5007132,00.html

No, the police are stating it as per the text message.
The media are calling it an attack.
The media twist the sentences around and add words to dramatise but you already know that.

Dave Q

Coach
Did you listen to what I said? You raised the point about Bird breaching his bail and going off to jail and I gave you the answer. I will make this simpler for you. Assuming the AVO/Bail includes the clause that Bird is not to contact the girl through a third party, which it would this means as follows:

Scenario A - Orr goes and sees her and hands her a letter from Greg Bird. She makes a complaint then yes Bird is off to jail
Scenario B - Orr goes and sees her. Asks how she is, talks about the weather and anything else. Then no breach has been incurred.

Are you clear now?

And if you are Orr, you dont even tell Bird you are going off to see her beforehand. You just go anyway. So if the question is raised about a breach, Bird had no prior knowledge of Orr's visit and can give truthful evidence of this in court. So how can Orr be acting on Birds behalf in that scenario? He doesnt even have any basic instructions.

If you are Orr, you dont want to discuss a visit to her with Bird and if Bird wants to discuss it, you have to refuse other than to tell him that he must abide by the AVO.

And if you visit her and you say in the prescence of others that you are not there on behalf of bird and dont want to discuss it...that may be OK.

If she then raises the issue....then.....

Last edited:

Are you clear now?

I am quite clear on it thanks. But does anyone really actually think Orr was there to give her flowers and nothing else. At the very least he would have been there to check up on her on behalf of Bird, suss out where her thinking's at, etc.

Anyway, even if Orr's visit is considered by the police to be dodgy (correctly in my opinion), I'd expect all that would happen is they'd go before a magistrate to get Bird and Orr read the riot act, don't do it again or you'll really be in trouble next time, etc. I wouldn't expect Bird's bail to be revoked unless Katie tells the police Orr did try to talk her into something.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Reefy why the hell do u carry on like u were inside the unit at the time of the alleged incident?

U know as much as every single person on this forum...sweet f*ck all!

SharkShocked

Bench
She has a fractured eye socket mate...i dont think shattered glass would do that!

I was basing my two scenarios on what Shintaro and others were eluding to, with the fact that she hasn't indeed got a fractured eye socket.

Plus the way i think about it, i just can't fathom a mate asking another mate to take the rap for intentionally slamming a glass into a person's face.

However, i could understand (please read, understand not condone) someone trying to get someone to take the blame for a glass being thrown in frustration with no intent to injure anyone.

I just can't see it being Bird actually grabbing a glass and striking her with that glass.

I think more than likely it's probably been a brain snap and he has either thrown it directly at her in a heated argument or in her vicinity without intention to hit her and he's ended up hitting her.

That's just my opinion however.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Reefy why the hell do u carry on like u were inside the unit at the time of the alleged incident?

U know as much as every single person on this forum...sweet f*ck all!

I have never said i know more than anybody on here. Until now. I have forgotten more than you will ever know.
But I digress.
there are some on here who may be quite knowledgable on the incident.
My posts are not here to defend Bird, but because it comes to my attention that the media are lying about every aspect of this incident & we have fallen for it hook line & sinker.

sharks8601

Juniors
question
do you think canberra would of sacked carney if it wasnt for the media and the pressure they applied on the matter?

STSAE

Juniors
Who throws glasses near/at other humans out of frustration but unintentionally, in their own unit especially????

What manager, after all this media coverage and an AVO, would even put himself in the situation to further complicate matters????

Why would anyone need a patsy or help with an accident???

And why would the patsys Dad bother opening up to the media if he felt his son was being treated kosher????

If the "victim" wasnt that bad, why is she STILL in hospital, 3 days later, and I gather at least till tomorow, that will be 4 days?????

Unbelievable some of the EXCUSES in here. One human, and I use that term very loosly, is a real worry.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Who throws glasses neat/at other humans out of frustration but unintentionally, in their own unit especially????

Greeks do it all the time. Sometimes just for fun.

What manager, after all this media coverage and an AVO, would even put himself in the situation to further complicate matters????
A good one?

Why would anyone need a patsy or help with an accident???
ARE YOU THAT OTHER IDIOTS SIAMESE BROTHER???

And why would the patsys Dad bother opening up to the media if he felt his son was being treated kosher????
ARE YOU BOTH JEWISH OR JUST ONE OF YOU? That would have made your first 7 days of life interesting conversation.

If the "victim" wasnt that bad, why is she STILL in hospital, 3 days later, and I gather at least till tomorow, that will be 4 days?????
if it is an eye hospital why cant anybody find her??

Unbelievable some of the EXCUSES in here. One human, and I use that term very loosly, is a real worry.
I agree, but don't be too down on yourself(ves)

sharks8601

Juniors
ive heard something from a mates mate whos girlfriend works at the hospital but really posting it here wont hold up

Inferno

Coach
Possibly malicious damage. Its a hard one though.
A similiar example is if you throw a punch at someone but miss and hit the wall punching a hole in the wall the offence is still assault, not malicious damage as your intention was to punch the person in the face.

I think both situations would be assault Samshark.

Status
Not open for further replies.