What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Immortal
Reckless GBH ffs.

I suppose those here that have never lost their temper during a domestic and hurled something at a wall, punched a door, kicked the cat or whatever can happily walk around their glass house in the nude.

10 years, jesus even kiddie fiddlers don't get that long.

Looks like you missed the word 'maximum' in my post

It's not a suituation of Intentional GBH or not guilty - if it is found during the trial that he acted recklessly and not intentionally, Reckless GBH becomes the verdict

samshark

Juniors
Correct me if i am wrong..... throwing a glass etc. at some one would only become an "accident" when it hits them. If it doesn't hit them but was thrown at them, what's that???????????

Possibly malicious damage. Its a hard one though.
A similiar example is if you throw a punch at someone but miss and hit the wall punching a hole in the wall the offence is still assault, not malicious damage as your intention was to punch the person in the face.

Jimbo

Immortal
So...18 minutes to commit the deed,drive to Bankstown and tee off.
Yeah,that would work..:roll:

Indeed

And at the level of golf that he was playing at I would expect him to have arrived there no later than 6am to allow for some chips, putts and a bucket of balls on the range

samshark

Juniors
Where do you get that she's been lying? "We've told police ...." could mean "I've told police...". I think she's more likely to be waiting for her parents to arrive and help her lawyer up.

Also, if it was an accident, why tell the police? How did the police first get involved? If I'd had an accident with broken glass at home I can think of several places to call before the police, eg ambulance, doctor, emergency dept at hospital.

They didnt the hospital did

Surely

Post Whore
Indeed

And at the level of golf that he was playing at I would expect him to have arrived there no later than 6am to allow for some chips, putts and a bucket of balls on the range

well that was breakfast out the way.

squiddy

Juniors
I'm really curious if and what might happen to Gavin Orr ? He too has mislead and try to pervert the course of justice plus todays relevations he *may* have broken the AVO by visiting the victim. I know he is looking after his player but geeze he aint coming out of this squeaky clean either

Quigs

Immortal
p-csi.jpg

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

samshark

Juniors
I'm really curious if and what might happen to Gavin Orr ? He too has mislead and try to pervert the course of justice plus todays relevations he *may* have broken the AVO by visiting the victim. I know he is looking after his player but geeze he aint coming out of this squeaky clean either

Depending on what could be proven accessory after the fact is one offence.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Article used BY Millers
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...feel-about-that/2008/08/25/1219516372405.html

Now he stands accused by his lifelong friend of glassing Bird's girlfriend Katie Milligan - a claim police have already dismissed.
Where is said that happened?
In Sutherland Local Court yesterday, police alleged that Bird had claimed Watson was to blame for the assault on Milligan.
But bird has not yet given a statement.

Watson was unavailable for comment last night
and is the only one who has given a statement.

The court was told yesterday that Bird had called him in a panic, pleading for his help.
maybe something factual here?

"Something has happened to Katie. It was an accident," Bird allegedly said in the phone call to Watson. "There is blood everywhere in the unit. We have told police it's you. How do you feel about that?"
that doesn't even sound like a sentence anybody except police would use. Lets look at it again
"There is blood everywhere in the unit. We have told police it's you".
him what? attacked katie? having his period? perhaps him bleeding?

The court also heard that Bird allegedly put Watson in contact with a solicitor, who told him: "We don't want this matter getting into the media."
Again his biggest fear is the media, not the law. The solicitor bird put him in contact with took him in to the station & told them what they knew.

It is also claimed that Bird sent Watson a text message while being interviewed by police that said: "My manager [Gavin Orr] is helping us sort this s--t out."
And????

Police prosecutor Matt Zalunardo told the court: "This places considerable doubt on the version of Mr Bird."
Why? I still don't understand why the police are even involved at this stage.

Mate i just ran over somebody whilst drunk. Told the cops you did it. How do feel about that?

mate, im going to kick you in the balls. How do feel about that?

how do feel about that?

Who f*cking talks like that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.