What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Mate its strange we actually agree.;-)

Whats even stranger I suspect me and you are the less harsh of opposition opinions. I genuinely feel sorry for the Taddie fans. They dont deserve the heat. And the Turd, I wish he was still playing, hes a grub but the man can play the game.

What I dont get is the clown lied to his club (or refused to divulge the truth at the request of his manager I suspect) and from all ive heard its not the 1st time. The fans who are a little delusional (not all but some) have tried to blame EVERYONE but the egg who put himself in the firing line AGAIN.

Its a culture of cover up that MUST be stopped in my opinion. And no clubs immune, I know my clubs been guilty in the past of cover up. This is like the test case.

We will never know the truth, all we have is our own opinion made up from what weve been allowed to see. Sure there will be bias but it doesnt cover the fact this egg has been at minimum repeatedly STUPID. Eventually it catches up with you and when it does the tears start.

Im just glad its not someone from my team this time.

:lol::lol:

Yes he's been stupid.

He's also only 24, thats still "young and stupid" in my world. There are always exceptions to the rule of course but really, lots of hard work, discipline, pressure, lack of real maturity in a quasi celeb status have brought down better young men than Bird.

STSAE

Juniors
Yes he's been stupid.

He's also only 24, thats still "young and stupid" in my world. There are always exceptions to the rule of course but really, lots of hard work, discipline, pressure, lack of real maturity in a quasi celeb status have brought down better young men than Bird.

I agree mate.

I still blame the culture in our game and the clubs (and managers) have alot to do with whats now happening in our game. Theyve covered up this "stupidity" for waaaaay too long and now its gonna bite some on the arse. Turd was unfortunatley one of the examples I guess.

I hate the $$$$ talk. But the fact remains these blokes are in a position they have to be more careful than the average punter, just cos of their profile and the crazy frenzy the media can whip up.

I am only speculating here, but really suspect its not the 1st time Turds lied to his club or to the people at the club. And its obvious by his recent past alone he was skating on thin ice.

The sponsors, and lets be honest clubs wouldnt survive without them, mustve been really pissed off also, and rightly so, after all they cough up the $$$$$, they deserve some say I guess.

Its sad but the reality of a high profile players world has to be that one night of "stupidity" can ruin a carrer. And the clubs and managers MUST be teaching them this. If they continue to repeat the same mistakes, they really have no-one to blame but themselves then.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
I agree mate.

I still blame the culture in our game and the clubs (and managers) have alot to do with whats now happening in our game. Theyve covered up this "stupidity" for waaaaay too long and now its gonna bite some on the arse. Turd was unfortunatley one of the examples I guess.

I hate the $$$$ talk. But the fact remains these blokes are in a position they have to be more careful than the average punter, just cos of their profile and the crazy frenzy the media can whip up.

I am only speculating here, but really suspect its not the 1st time Turds lied to his club or to the people at the club. And its obvious by his recent past alone he was skating on thin ice.

The sponsors, and lets be honest clubs wouldnt survive without them, mustve been really pissed off also, and rightly so, after all they cough up the $$$$$, they deserve some say I guess.

Its sad but the reality of a high profile players world has to be that one night of "stupidity" can ruin a carrer. And the clubs and managers MUST be teaching them this. If they continue to repeat the same mistakes, they really have no-one to blame but themselves then.

Youve nailed it in 5 succint and thoughtful points sez.

I find it quite interesting that all of this teaching by the clubs and those whom players and clubs hire to look after them, goes in one ear and out the other.

Bird and the Bronco miscreants would have been told a million times to behave and the reasons for that life-direction... and it still hasnt sunken in. Quite often its a deliberate and bad choice made by the player. Theres almost always copius amounts of grog involved.

I am sure Bird would have the ability to understand complex game plans and tactics but when in comes to maintaining simple social relationships it seems that he's entirely out of his depth.

As he gets older and bolder he may well become more destructive and a person of bad influence on other players. Thats a real concern.

I dont accept the argument that he is too young to understand.

We have younger Aussie guys roaming the sewers of Bahgdad with lethal force looking for deadly insurgents who sometimes lie in wait to kill our boys. Our brave kids, their very lives depend on being alert and disciplined.

But I read this thread, some of the posts anyway.. and it seems to me that we are breeding a nation of Birds.

Last edited:

imasharkie

Coach
I think that Y2 is entitled to his opinion here.

Last time I looked, this is not nazi-occupied Eurpoe.

Footballers are told many times over that they have a public image to uphold and however unfair it may be, people associate their conduct with that of their club, sponsers and supporters.

The club knows that, it takes its reputation seriously and thats why he has been stood down.

So I have no sympathy when Bird, charged with serious indictable offences attracting a decent gaol term, then seeks to portary himself in public as some juvenile delinquent lout at a finals match.

He has no understanding of the media at all. None, zip, zero.

Hes a grade one idiot of the highest order.

once again his team has shown it's fans exactly where they belong - in the bottom half of the comp, so he comes in here to grumble and grown because of his teams inadequaces. If you want to carry on like an idiot, do it on the NRL forum for all to see.
We don't want you.

sharks8601

Juniors
depending on how Brisbane handle their situation, it may help us keeping bird for next year
the crap that is going on up there is the best thing to happen to bird since the incident occurred

Dave Q

Coach
once again his team has shown it's fans exactly where they belong - in the bottom half of the comp, so he comes in here to grumble and grown because of his teams inadequaces. If you want to carry on like an idiot, do it on the NRL forum for all to see.
We don't want you.

Since when did you elect yourself president of the Sharks LU and where have I rattled on about souths?

You are a liar....makes you a Bird.

imasharkie

Coach
Since when did you elect yourself president of the Sharks LU and where have I rattled on about souths?

You are a liar....makes you a Bird.

any wonder you're over here posting crap on our forum.
The souths forum has had 4 posts for the day and two of them are from Easts fans.:lol:
go back there and post to yourself.:crazy:

Geez looking at the posts I normally see and the feeble attacks they usually represent I don't think Dave is being a troll and trying to cause trouble here. honesty he is just putting his opinion forward. If we don't agree, don't repsond. There is no point getting into arguments over it

imasharkie

Coach
Geez looking at the posts I normally see and the feeble attacks they usually represent I don't think Dave is being a troll and trying to cause trouble here. honesty he is just putting his opinion forward. If we don't agree, don't repsond. There is no point getting into arguments over it
I thought this was a forum!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll say what i think.

Surely

Post Whore
So did i Honey :ls:

And once again your teams supporters have shown exactly why its 40years + Pathetic.....

Y2 its bad enough you troll in here, if you want to take the thread and turn it into a slanging match go somewhere else.

Dave Q

Coach

Yes.

Trolls dont usually trawl through the section of variation of bail and then post it here to end a dispute....not on Souths LU anyway. :cool:

If Ima wants a on-line fight, I can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts