What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely

Post Whore
you really don't see the irony as stated by warren?

Maybe I don't gunna, all i see is ima reacting to some trolling, most of daves posts are ok but combine that with the other dozen or so idiots and all it does is derail the thread, a bit like me having to repond to this, and your previous dig.

Have your say then i'll move this and the associated posts into the village idiots thread.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think Surely you should follow his logic.
Charge all of posts as suffering from farkwititis.
Put all of his posts in the village idiots thread. Get the other moderators to have a look at them on the 6th october.
if proven innocent or free from farckwititis , then let the posts back in.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If the schlag that is Rebecca Wilson, the queen of rukkmaking herself, says the Sharks are doing the right thing, then you can now bet your house that the Sharks have it wrong.

For those do gooders out there that cant seem to remember, football & sport is about winning. Thats it.

But the bag says

the schlag that is Rebecca Wilson said:
The only way to fix it is to do what the Sharks have done and that is to cut the player. Deprive him of a livelihood and make him miss the thing that is so dear to him - his football.

The lack of respect these players have for authority is a reflection of the soft way they have been treated in the past. Only stands like those taken by Cronulla can turn the tables. Premiership or not, the Sharks are my team of the year for that.

FMD our club is supported by soft c**ks, do gooders & religious zealots.

No wonder we have won nothing & never will.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Great, now that she's done with her sh*thouse input on Yum-Cha and the Big Brother show she's back to crappy journalism.

I was hopeing the Chinese authrorities would think she's a Free Tibet protestor and take her away :(.

warren

Juniors
she came into my work today. she's suprisingly really nice!

but she's kinda right. this was mentioned elsewhere on here (miller was a legend i think?), does Bird think he's bigger than the club? the sharks need to come out of this unscathed. and if we play a guilty Bird simply because we didnt take an interest in the situation, then we will look silly.

If the schlag that is Rebecca Wilson, the queen of rukkmaking herself, says the Sharks are doing the right thing, then you can now bet your house that the Sharks have it wrong.

For those do gooders out there that cant seem to remember, football & sport is about winning. Thats it.

But the bag says

FMD our club is supported by soft c**ks, do gooders & religious zealots.

No wonder we have won nothing & never will.

Konsty would like to know if our club has ever done anything that you have agreed with. For the record, the great man is 100% behind the club. Konsty also suggests that the clubs stance may be backed by the players. Those same players that you seem to hate. Go away!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Konsty would like to know if our club has ever done anything that you have agreed with. For the record, the great man is 100% behind the club. Konsty also suggests that the clubs stance may be backed by the players. Those same players that you seem to hate. Go away!

Am I?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Konsty would like to know if our club has ever done anything that you have agreed with.

Actually yes. The marketing department has always done a fantastic job, whilst being starved of resources & having to put up with the most irritating little whingeing merkinz, running around corporate sponsor boxes complaining about them.

They are/were supermen/women.

Try again you sick little twat. Remember, my phone is always switched on.

Dave Q

Coach
I read the other thread.

Im not sure whether a public plea by Gregs mum is too helpful at this time.

Of course, neither is sponsers interfering with a football club. The club doesnt seek to interfere with the sponsers business.

If any reasonable grounds exist for suspending Bird, they should be bourne of the moral high ground.

But in this case, that can only be achieved by the assumption of guilt.

And guilt before a trial or plea offends the notion of a rule of law.

And if we dont embrace a rule of law, on the one hand we must support anarchy and on the other extreme, total government control.

As the famous philosopher Hobbes said, life in a state of nature (anarchy) is "poor,nasty brutish and short."

And while governments are a neccessary evil to control a population, they are partial to their own excesses as we have seen. They get things wrong.

So we need a legal system ( rule of law) to regulate both extremes.

And at the moment, the legal system, says Bird is presumed to be innocent.

And therefore, even if we embrace doubt, there should be no entrenched impediment to him taking the field.

So I say, let the dickhead play.

I read the other thread.

Im not sure whether a public plea by Gregs mum is too helpful at this time.

Of course, neither is sponsers interfering with a football club. The club doesnt seek to interfere with the sponsers business.

If any reasonable grounds exist for suspending Bird, they should be bourne of the moral high ground.

But in this case, that can only be achieved by the assumption of guilt.

And guilt before a trial or plea offends the notion of a rule of law.

And if we dont embrace a rule of law, on the one hand we must support anarchy and on the other extreme, total government control.

As the famous philosopher Hobbes said, life in a state of nature (anarchy) is "poor,nasty brutish and short."

And while governments are a neccessary evil to control a population, they are partial to their own excesses as we have seen. They get things wrong.

So we need a legal system ( rule of law) to regulate both extremes.

And at the moment, the legal system, says Bird is presumed to be innocent.

And therefore, even if we embrace doubt, there should be no entrenched impediment to him taking the field.

So I say, let the dickhead play.

If Milligan came out and said that Bird didn't do what the media have accused him of (and the police have charged him with), I would agree with you. But I endorse the club's actions on this and it is a far better way of handling things than what the Broncos have shown this week. Quite disgraceful and I'm sure that a lot of people will think a bit differently about the club and their players after this.

There is also the small matter of there being no guarantee that we would win if Bird played.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Maybe I don't gunna, all i see is ima reacting to some trolling, most of daves posts are ok but combine that with the other dozen or so idiots and all it does is derail the thread, a bit like me having to repond to this, and your previous dig.

Have your say then i'll move this and the associated posts into the village idiots thread.
OK? He brings an alternate and informed way at looking at the bird saga based on the innocent until proven guilty notion. He has broken no rules and is entitled to frequent this forum without being virtually directed to 'f**k off'. As I understand it this is not an exclusive club marked members only .

Actually yes. The marketing department has always done a fantastic job, whilst being starved of resources & having to put up with the most irritating little whingeing merkinz, running around corporate sponsor boxes complaining about them.

They are/were supermen/women.

Try again you sick little twat. Remember, my phone is always switched on.

Konsty says that at least your phone is switched on cause your brain certainly isn't! Go away Sharks hater!

Dave Q

Coach
If Milligan came out and said that Bird didn't do what the media have accused him of (and the police have charged him with), I would agree with you. But I endorse the club's actions on this and it is a far better way of handling things than what the Broncos have shown this week. Quite disgraceful and I'm sure that a lot of people will think a bit differently about the club and their players after this.

There is also the small matter of there being no guarantee that we would win if Bird played.

I dont think anyone of influence would be keen to place themselves "in harms way" by making a public statement about the substance of the allegations. Firstly that is prejudicial and secondly the outspoken may look like an complete toss if Bird enters a plea or is convicted. In fact, the Panther CEO did that for Gowie in the most recent fracas and he came under heavy fire from several quarters. The next time it happened, he STFU'ed.

The clubs actions in suspending him pre-suppose guilt and for those of us with a belief in the rule of law, they are not handling it well at all. The fact that he is an elite footballer and could help the Sharks win the premiership, is really not the issue for me.

The Bronco's situation is different to Birds.

My view is that the Sharks are better served if he played or was considered. Nobody knows whether the sharks will win, with or without him.

Thats my view anways.

Status
Not open for further replies.