What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Lucky State said:
He was ok. Wasnt a revelation or anything. NSW problem is in the halves and he doesn't solve that problem.

better than the options we had in games 1 and 2

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Kingytek said:
He is my new favourite player after he whaled Thurston. Anyone that belts him gets my praise!

That was one of the best hits i've ever seen. Thurston went flying and gained some decent air.

Big hits are what it's all about, and what was missing in the first 2 games

great stuff.

mongoose

Coach
Alex28 said:
Great lock indeed - however he created nothing in the halves in attack. Hopefully next year they'll put him in the 13 and put 2 genuine form halves in the squad instead of what was lucky to win tonight...

true, but he still created more than kimmorley did.

drake

First Grade
Okay, I'm a Dragons fan... lifelong, so it's my duty to hate Scummers.

Bird and Gallen were both great; it was fantastic to watch those horrible mongrels getting stuck into queensland.

Folks lament the loss of footballers over athletes, but Bird and Gallen both look to be footballers to me. I can imagine either of them mixing it up in the era of the Biff. (copyright Quigs)

I will go back to hating them now, but hope they both get picked next origin.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
OK, I'm a Sharks fan....lifelong, so its my duty to hate the merged scum.

but.... has everyone forgotten Gasnier at 5/8 for next year?

Great game Bash brothers. !st together of hopefully many, many many, more.

These blokes live together and made a pact to "go" if anyone threw one.

You could see their enthusiasm and passion , which as housemates was building since selection.

They looked comfortable because they were both there and already had the bond, nothing had to be instilled in them.

Note: Interesting pic in the Daily Inaccurate of Gal about to throw one.
Look who is right next to him. Well done Nod. You may be past your prime but you still know the right place to be.

Shorty

Staff member
Bird was awesome,he really brought the intensity and beat the hell out of QLD lol.

Azkatro

First Grade
A backrow of Hindmarsh, O'Donnell and Bird - all fit and firing - would be pretty strong for NSW I think.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Gasnier should play in the centres, not at five-eighth.

When are people going to realise we need genuine playmakers in the halves.

fatshark

Bench
watching it again , thurston went down like a sack of sh*t form that Bird hit....very funny.

legend

Coach
Bird and gallen played like animals and NSW haven't had that sort of mongrel for years.

Next year with O'Donnell back and these two in the team, Qld will need more than Webb to match the aggression of NSW.

legend

Coach
I think the NSW side will look something like this:

Stewart
Grothe
Gasnier
Cooper/Smith
Hayne
Mullen
Carney
O'Donnell
Ryan
Gallen
Mason
Farah/Buderus
O'Meley

Kite
Simpson
Bird
Hoffman/Gidley

Special K

Coach
Bird has to start at lock next year. A backrow of Bird, Gallen and O'Donnell.. Oh dang! I'd like to have Hindmarsh in the side still but to start a game with that backrow... You would kill someone

Big Pete

Referee
Bird and Gallen were exceptional for the Blues.

But I think you guys are forgetting a QLD player with a lot more aggression than those two who was in some very good form last year.

Crocker.

Crocker, Carroll, Thaiday and Webb vs. Gallen, Bird and O'Donnell what a match up that will be.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Bird is an animal. He was getting stuck in all night. TC got a good hit on him then Bird got one back on TC the next few sets. he never took a backward step. One thing that shocked me is his kicking game was a lot better than I thought it would be. He and Gallen have added the mongrel to the pack to go along with Mason who has been our only aggressive player until last night. I think our pack next year will be very good if it looks like:

8. O'meley/Kite
9. Bedsy/Farrah
10. Mason
11. O'Donnell
12. Gallen
13. Bird

That is the pack that can win back the trophy.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Hindmarsh is retiring from rep footy after next years World Cup. He won't be dropped until then.

OnTheHill

Juniors
Great game from Bird.

My favourite moment:
thebird.jpg

aqua_duck

Coach
Bird and Gallen have to be there next year ahead of Andrew Ryan. Ryan thought he was a 5/8th last night and stuffed up a few times, for example that crappy cut out pass to hazem that went into touch, its like he forgot how to take the ball up straight and hard last night. I also want to know why Ryan gets so much game time and hindmarsh so little

Latest posts