What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis avoids conviction over assault

Evenflow

Bench

BREAKING NEWS: MELBOURNE Storm superstar Greg Inglis will play this Saturday after his indefinite ban was lifted by the club today.
As predicted in today's Herald Sun, a meeting of board members agreed Inglis should be allowed to play again after court proceedings relating to charges of alleged assault were adjourned until October 14. The NRL has no objection to Inglis playing.

Inglis missed the past two games for Storm after the club decided to suspend him from all activities on August 11 when he was charged by police following an incident involving his ex-girlfriend Sally Robinson. He was allowed to return to training last week after experts advised it was best for his mental health.

In Sunshine Magistrates' Court yesterday Inglis's lawyer said the representative centre would plead not guilty to the charges and urged police to drop them. The club has supported Inglis throughout the ordeal and is expected to release a statement later today confirming the 22-year-old will be included in the team to play the Sydney Roosters this Saturday at Olympic Park, the Storm's last ever game at the venue.

The court proceedings involving Inglis were adjourned yesterday until October 14, after the season finishes.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25987713-11088,00.html

renouf

Juniors
That was always on the cards.. as if they were going to let their superstar sit on the sidelines for the finals.

They obviously knew that suspending him a month out with the finals all but guaranteed, would make the club look good.

That was always on the cards.. as if they were going to let their superstar sit on the sidelines for the finals.

They obviously knew that suspending him a month out with the finals all but guaranteed, would make the club look good.

Also, according to his ex, he never assaulted her.

He's still facing charges isn't he ? the precedents have been set with other similar incidents the NRL should ban him for another 2 weeks.

Just incase you have your head buried in the sand, the police laid charges when they did not have the full facts. They also did not have Sally Robinson's second statement which exonnerated Greg Inglis.

So its play on.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Just incase you have your head buried in the sand, the police laid charges when they did not have the full facts. They also did not have Sally Robinson's second statement which exonnerated Greg Inglis.

So its play on.

Just incase you have your head up your arse, If that's the case why wasn't the charges dropped in court yesterday ?

stevekh

Juniors
I'm sorry its a load of sh*t to come out with a second statement once you've got time to synchronise your stories....to go as far as calling it a gentleman act is laughable i really dont want him to get done but im sure there were better ways to stop her considering he is a fit athlete like maybe restraining her without hitting, anyway let him play they lost two games already let the courts decide the ruling but f**k off if your gonna try convince us he is a gentleman for giving the girl a black eye.

gregstar

Referee
I'm sorry its a load of sh*t to come out with a second statement once you've got time to synchronise your stories....to go as far as calling it a gentleman act is laughable i really dont want him to get done but im sure there were better ways to stop her considering he is a fit athlete like maybe restraining her without hitting, anyway let him play they lost two games already let the courts decide the ruling but f**k off if your gonna try convince us he is a gentleman for giving the girl a black eye.
he did his best.

i've had to beat a woman before to save her from self-harm.

she yanked my strides off before i had an erection. i had to push her face away before it struck her. the push gave her a bruise but it was the preferred injury.

adamkungl

Immortal
he did his best.

i've had to beat a woman before to save her from self-harm.

she yanked my strides off before i had an erection. i had to push her face away before it struck her. the push gave her a bruise but it was the preferred injury.

you mysoginist bastard. I know it's illegal to threaten violence on an internet forum, so I won't. But me and you should get together for some "drinks". Bring some friends and we can really party.....

:sarcasm::lol:

Parra

Referee
It may come down to what the neighbour who heard him saving her says.

But what if the neighbour wasn't invited to the truth meeting?

ibeme

First Grade
It may come down to what the neighbour who heard him saving her says.

But what if the neighbour wasn't invited to the truth meeting?

We all know that you're a 'guilty until proven innocent' kind of guy when it comes to Rugby League players. No need to keep forcing it down our throats.

Latest posts