What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkungl

Immortal
ANZ is managed by an afl executive. ANZ wouldn't cheat for us.

ANZ still aren't a third party, whether you or they think its cheating or not.

You're right but some would want us to hold back our top clubs forever for the sake of the incompetent clubs, instead of forcing the incompetents to improve themselves.

And it's not legal, it's a restraint of trade and it's just asking to be challenged in court one day.

I don't disagree with the salary cap. I think there needs to some rather large changes in regards to concessions for long serving players and some MAJOR clarifications to the clubs and fans as to what constitutes a valid 'third party' deal. We want to encourage clubs developing their own players and find the right balance between paying our players what they are worth and keeping a fair competition.

drake

First Grade
We're releasing backrowers and centres. We have backrowers like Burgess and Taylor. As for centre, Inglis is a centre and we have several incredibly talented young centres coming through.

Including this bloke who scored a hattrick on debut and couldn't get a regular spot. He's got superstar written all over him. If champion leaving means he's a 1st grade starter from round 1 then I'm happy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yRoquABeTY

It's not personal. It's business. The players we're letting go while all good players and good blokes, they are replaceable. Inglis is not.

ANZ is managed by an afl executive. ANZ wouldn't cheat for us.

Puts strain on the smaller clubs? Because they're not capable of getting on the phone and bringing in 3rd parties? If they are too clueless to do that, f**k them. This isn't a charity, why bring down the top clubs to babysit the incompetent ones.

That one will happen except we're not drunk at the local. Most of us work or are currently on uni holidays (like me). Inglis will be a Rabbitoh. We are premiership favourities, the bookies have brought us in from $7 to $6 this week...

You're right but some would want us to hold back our top clubs forever for the sake of the incompetent clubs, instead of forcing the incompetents to improve themselves.

And it's not legal, it's a restraint of trade and it's just asking to be challenged in court one day.

Depth at front row is an issue, that's why I'm glad it's not Asotasi going. We're dropping backrowers and centres, we have plenty of those, including a centre who scored a hattrick on debut who couldn't get a regular game.
You filth bags weren't saying that back when you couldn't afford a blow job on Canterbury Rd. 50uffs fans used to sing the praises of the salary cap for years, but now you are no longer a club and now are a hobby toy of a movie star, you want to dissolve the salary cap and put the sword to clubs that passed the NRL's criteria to join; the one's that didn't go crying to the courts that being sh*t and broke is no excuse to boot the 'pride of the league.'

All you are is a f**king affirmative action hobby horse. The sooner Rusty sells you the better.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
You filth bags weren't saying that back when you couldn't afford a blow job on Canterbury Rd. 50uffs fans used to sing the praises of the salary cap for years, but now you are no longer a club and now are a hobby toy of a movie star, you want to dissolve the salary cap and put the sword to clubs that passed the NRL's criteria to join; the one's that didn't go crying to the courts that being sh*t and broke is no excuse to boot the 'pride of the league.'

All you are is a f**king affirmative action hobby horse. The sooner Rusty sells you the better.

:clap::clap::clap:

Ulysseus

Bench
So what does Gaz, you know the guy who turned his back on League, then came back for a paycheck, do for his Channel Nein 3PA? Oh yeah, he goes on The Footy Show to help with ratings........

In terms of the ANZ deal, how about you think about it more than 3 seconds. They are taking the view that he will bring more people through the gate, thus helping them sell their crap $5.50 soggy pies and flat beers.

Ok, and what exactly will Ingli$ do for his ANZ dollars?
Better question, exactly what will Ingli$ do for anything requiring him to deliver more than 3 fluent words and appear as somewhat credible.

As for Gaz leaving, at least he left within the bounds of his contract and came back to play for the same club, which he was obliged to do.
At no point did he say "yeah, she is sweet" and sprout some crap about planes not flying due to inclement weather.
Gaz leaving in 2008 was not a good thing by any stretch, but he done it above board.................... above board being a phrase Ingli$ has no concept of.
Unlike Ingli$ at the Broncos, Gaz at least gave Saints most of season 2008 as a notice period to say he would be leaving as per his contractual arrangements.
Ingli$ sprouted some sh*t about rain affecting 50+ tonnes of Boeing machinery and went looking for a better deal to weazel out of the Brisbane situation, which is his go.....................

_Johnsy

Referee

= end thread.

Sums up the hypocrisy of 50uff$ perfectly.

Ulysseus

Bench
block_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

r141542_488610.jpg

Redfern-420x0.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't disagree with the salary cap. I think there needs to some rather large changes in regards to concessions for long serving players and some MAJOR clarifications to the clubs and fans as to what constitutes a valid 'third party' deal. We want to encourage clubs developing their own players and find the right balance between paying our players what they are worth and keeping a fair competition.
I don't disagree with the salary cap in theory either. That doesn't make it legal. There is a reason it hasn't been challenged in court yet, and it's not because it's legal.

The cap is important, I just think the 3rd party rules need to be relaxed somewhat. There is no excuse by the braindeads in NRL head office that can justify giving the middle finger to 4 sponsors like they did with the Inglis deal.

You filth bags weren't saying that back when you couldn't afford a blow job on Canterbury Rd.
So there's cheap blowjobs on Canterbury rd...interesting.
50uffs fans used to sing the praises of the salary cap for years, but now you are no longer a club and now are a hobby toy of a movie star, you want to dissolve the salary cap and put the sword to clubs that passed the NRL's criteria to join; the one's that didn't go crying to the courts that being sh*t and broke is no excuse to boot the 'pride of the league.'
1. Lol @ "criteria", if you still think what happened in 1999 was done by legitimate and impartial "criteria" you're as stupid as your post makes you out to be.
2. I never said I'm against the cap.
3. Souths obviously aren't against the cap because they're not challenging it right now.
4. I don't want any clubs kicked out, I want the weaker clubs to improve themselves instead of holding back the rest of the league.
The sooner you take your meds the better.

rnb11

Juniors
Thankyou! Finally Shane Richardson has got the slap in the face he's been needing for a while now. He wasn't fooling anyone when he said no players would need to be cut, it was obvious Inglis couldn't fit under their current cap but the silly old bastard thought it was possible. The aggressiveness and stubbornness of his statements really pissed me off so I find all this pretty hilarious now. I never had a problem with Inglis joining Souths but Richo's refusal of sacrifice was extremely aggravating.

And all this only gets better, not only are they losing 3 players even before the 2011 season starts, they will continue to lose players for the next few years and will be forced to sign rubbish replacements. This is what you get for being greedy and thinking 2 or 3 big name players will win you a premiership. Souths need to learn what a well balanced team looks like... actually it's more amusing to watch them sign a new star player each year, talk themselves up through the pre-season then again miss the 8 haha

lockyrulz

Juniors
My god you're pathetic BM.

If there had been changes to the salary cap, you sh*t ass club would never have been in a position to sign GI to begin with, as he'd have stayed with the storm.

If they had changed 3rd party deals as you advocate, GI would have signed with Brisbane.

You couldn't get any dumber or more redundant if you tried.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Thankyou! Finally Shane Richardson has got the slap in the face he's been needing for a while now. He wasn't fooling anyone when he said no players would need to be cut, it was obvious Inglis couldn't fit under their current cap but the silly old bastard thought it was possible. The aggressiveness and stubbornness of his statements really pissed me off so I find all this pretty hilarious now. I never had a problem with Inglis joining Souths but Richo's refusal of sacrifice was extremely aggravating.

And all this only gets better, not only are they losing 3 players even before the 2011 season starts, they will continue to lose players for the next few years and will be forced to sign rubbish replacements. This is what you get for being greedy and thinking 2 or 3 big name players will win you a premiership. Souths need to learn what a well balanced team looks like... actually it's more amusing to watch them sign a new star player each year, talk themselves up through the pre-season then again miss the 8 haha
We're getting rid of 3 for 2011. We have a number of nobodies coming off contract for 2012 and in 2013 the cap will be drastically increased for everyone.
My god you're pathetic BM.

If there had been changes to the salary cap, you sh*t ass club would never have been in a position to sign GI to begin with, as he'd have stayed with the storm.

If they had changed 3rd party deals as you advocate, GI would have signed with Brisbane.

You couldn't get any dumber or more redundant if you tried.
It's not just for my club. The 3rd party deals should be changed for the good of the league, not for my club.

And a great article about the NRL and it's completely stupid decisions:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-its-hard-to-get-them-back-20100508-ukv6.html

TheDalek079

Bench
and how much are those nobodies earning BM? 55k? they'll need to have their spot in the top 25 replaced by somebody else.....also earning the 55k. sacking nobodies won't find a spot for GI

And if Souffs release the likes of Champion to bring in GI, it'll be a sad day for them. they'll just become a transit lounge, where loyal servants to the club (often local juniors) are released so the club can offer big cash to high profile players

BunniesMan

Immortal
and how much are those nobodies earning BM? 55k? they'll need to have their spot in the top 25 replaced by somebody else.....also earning the 55k. sacking nobodies won't find a spot for GI

And if Souffs release the likes of Champion to bring in GI, it'll be a sad day for them. they'll just become a transit lounge, where loyal servants to the club (often local juniors) are released so the club can offer big cash to high profile players
If you think Champion is better than Inglis you're an idiot. We're letting go of a good centre to bring in a great centre.

TheDalek079

Bench
mate, it has nothing to do with who is better. it's about morals. punting a loyal servant of your club who gives 110% every match and is willing to bleed for the club to bring in an overhyped slug is pure folly. Champion is devoted to your club, GI cares only for the money.

look at what happened at Easts. Harrison wasn't the best player, but he was one of the workhorses in our pack who always gave his all, and we let him go to get Mason. It ended up with us getting the spoon. We've seen the error of our ways, and now our recruitment isn't focussed on the GIs of the comp.

But if you want to be known as the Transit Lounge then that's cool. I can't wait for you to sign the 2010 equivalent of Fatty Vautin

super_coach

First Grade
Theirs no risk that Inglis is the X factor that Souths have been missing but flicking a player like Champion to accommodate Inglis is a very dangerous road to go down. Champion was their in the bad times and hung in their and has club passion in bucket loads. Their are plenty of players I would be pushing out the door before Champion

BunniesMan

Immortal
mate, it has nothing to do with who is better. it's about morals. punting a loyal servant of your club who gives 110% every match and is willing to bleed for the club to bring in an overhyped slug is pure folly. Champion is devoted to your club, GI cares only for the money.

look at what happened at Easts. Harrison wasn't the best player, but he was one of the workhorses in our pack who always gave his all, and we let him go to get Mason. It ended up with us getting the spoon. We've seen the error of our ways, and now our recruitment isn't focussed on the GIs of the comp.

But if you want to be known as the Transit Lounge then that's cool. I can't wait for you to sign the 2010 equivalent of Fatty Vautin
Saying that about a guy who chose Souths over Brisbane while we didn't offer any extra and a guy who didn't jump to AFL or Union or SL is stupid. If money was his first priority he wouldn't be an NRL player. Or he'd be an Eel by now.
Champion was the better of the two this year
I'd agree with that. But I don't think judging Inglis on 2010 is entirely fair.
Theirs no risk that Inglis is the X factor that Souths have been missing but flicking a player like Champion to accommodate Inglis is a very dangerous road to go down. Champion was their in the bad times and hung in their and has club passion in bucket loads. Their are plenty of players I would be pushing out the door before Champion
I'm not jumping over the moon about the possibility of losing Champion. He's a good player and a great bloke. And of course there is players I'd rather let go before him. But it doesn't work like that, we have to make a certain amount of cap room, we have to let players go that would have some demand for them, and we have to let go players where we have depth. We happen to have depth at centre.

effnic

Bench
Storm got massive fines for murdering the salary cap. Souffs should get the same treatment for attempted murder.

lockyrulz

Juniors
We're getting rid of 3 for 2011. We have a number of nobodies coming off contract for 2012 and in 2013 the cap will be drastically increased for everyone.

It's not just for my club. The 3rd party deals should be changed for the good of the league, not for my club.

And a great article about the NRL and it's completely stupid decisions:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-its-hard-to-get-them-back-20100508-ukv6.html

Oh please...

If they had been changed, we'd have GI, and you'd be whinging about how unfair it was that a one town team like the broncos gets an advantage of your piss ant bunnies.

Get a grip ffs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts