What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Just like you guys tried and failed at getting Inglis just this week.

So seeing as you guys have dropped the ball here, perhaps (if we want him) we could get Stephen Kearney on the phone to his old club and actually ask permission?...

I don't particularly want him at Parra, we want Cronk, but I could live with signing Inglis.

Butters

Bench
So people are ignoring the reality of this? Ok hypothetical situation, Melbourne decide to be stubborn and refuse to let him go, who are they going to sack? They've already got rid of a lot of their supporting players to get under the cap for 2011, they'll have to get rid of even more for GI. By the time 2011 rolled around they'd be fielding the big 4 and 9 tree stumps.

And everyone is also ignoring the fact that GI doesn't like the Storm and the Storm don't like GI, that means they'd be sacking players to fit in a player they're fighting with over legal bills.

Haha ease up on the bong before posting.

Butters

Bench
It's pretty hilarious watching all the Souths supporters wanking themselves into a frenzy over Inglis, saying he'll single handedly win the comp for them and go on to become a Souths legend etc etc.

He'll be at Souths for 1 maybe 2 seasons at most before he heads back down to Melbourne to stick it to the NRL for f**king them over.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So seeing as you guys have dropped the ball here, perhaps (if we want him) we could get Stephen Kearney on the phone to his old club and actually ask permission?...

I don't particularly want him at Parra, we want Cronk, but I could live with signing Inglis.
Calling the Storm doesn't get you GI signed sealed and delivered. Calling the Storm gives you permission to negotiate with him. He would still have to actually want to go to Parra. From all indications he's made his mind up, and the best advice is what the Parra CEO got: "don't bother".
Haha ease up on the bong before posting.
The small matter of a dispute over a 6 figure legal bill missed your attention? The small matter that will have GI serving the Storm papers to go to court in the near future? But other than that I can't see why they wouldn't want to associate with each other.:crazy:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Calling the Storm doesn't get you GI signed sealed and delivered. Calling the Storm gives you permission to negotiate with him. He would still have to actually want to go to Parra. From all indications he's made his mind up, and the best advice is what the Parra CEO got: "don't bother".

Yeah because the deal was apparently done, evidently its not.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
For the record, I think this will all blow over and he will be at Souths next year. And if Saints can fit Gasnier this year, im sure Souths can fit Inglis next year. But the NRL better do some fine tooth combing.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah because the deal was apparently done, evidently its not.
Just because he has decided where he wants to go doesn't mean we've negotiated. That's what Thursday is for, we're his first choice so we get the first oppurtunity to present a case to him, on thursday, if it's not good enough he might look else where. Like all negotiations.

BunniesMan

Immortal
For the record, I think this will all blow over and he will be at Souths next year. And if Saints can fit Gasnier this year, im sure Souths can fit Inglis next year. But the NRL better do some fine tooth combing.
Since the Storm scandal I think the NRL do fine tooth combing over any significant purchase.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Just because he has decided where he wants to go doesn't mean we've negotiated. That's what Thursday is for, we're his first choice so we get the first oppurtunity to present a case to him, on thursday, if it's not good enough he might look else where. Like all negotiations.

Melbourne also have to like the deal. If it doesn't absolve them of all salary cap excesses that Inglis is causing them, they will not allow it.

Souths salary cap situation seems very very tight. Parra on the other hand have plenty of room.

God-King Dean

Immortal
It will blow over. You live in Disneyland if you don't believe clubs talk to players without permission.

Funny watching BunniesMan panic though.

Butters

Bench
Since the Storm scandal I think the NRL do fine tooth combing over any significant purchase.

Hahaha really? The NRL will do the same "auditing" of clubs player payments as they always have. They couldn't give a f**k about the salary cap, you'd think they'd go through every clubs finances after they "caught" Melbourne out, but they're refusal to so much as look at any other club says it all.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It will blow over. You live in Disneyland if you don't believe clubs talk to players without permission.

I honestly wasn't worried for even a moment. I was just trying to make sure the haters don't raise their expectations too much for when GI signs on the dotted line on Thursday.

Bumble

First Grade

This is true. I remember in 2003 we signed a player one minute after the anti-tampering deadline passed :lol:

I was a bit skeptical as to how we could fit G.I in, but as has been said there's a million ways around it without actually cheating the cap...I just hope he signs now.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Hey guys, look what I found!!

http://rleague.com/db/article.php?id=38017

To all Souths fans, guess what, sounds like Storm believe you guys haven't requested permission to negotiate with him, and as he is still contracted to them, they can stop the deal with a flick of their wrist.
If Souths are moronic enough to not have asked permission to negotiate with him, which the article suggests they haven't, then it is my understanding the Storm could pursue legal action against Souths.

Storm are perfectly within their rights to say no to this, sorry Souths, but they still have the say on where he goes, and it sounds to me like they aren't particularly happy he has walked out on the deal they let him go for, for which he claimed a release on "compassionate grounds". Looks like Inglis was dumb enough to ignore that too.

I could be wrong and he will be happily in the green and red next week. But I think some people had better be hoping the Storm agree to this.

That article was published today.

Souths have been white anting the Bronco's deal for months.. They have put together a bigger package than the Bronco's could manage and that is the only reason Inglis backed off.

jaynie

Juniors
1. Talks are on thursday. I'm sure we'll go through the necessary formalities before then.
2.If Melbourne did decide to keep him I'd love to see who would be the 3 or 4 solid players they'd be releasing to fit him in, we could buy them.

Don't be naive. Souths surely have been negotiating with him without Storm permission.
I very much doubt GI told the Broncos to p*ss off without a solid offer on the table from Souths.

Noa

First Grade
Souths have been white anting the Bronco's deal for months.. They have put together a bigger package than the Bronco's could manage and that is the only reason Inglis backed off.

surely any club that can get one over the broncos deserves all our support.

Edited to add broncs must have took there eye off the ball while they were white-anting the dogs

Last edited:

Bench
Was the money the phonechucker spent wining and dining him in England ever submitted? $150k, pigs arse.
Exactly,it is pigs arse,the only people who beleive Burgess signed for $150k are Gallop,Schubert and deluded Bunny supporters,but that is the contract they submitted to the league.
How it got through I will never know,and Burgess blew up about it being leaked to the public,I am not surprised he did,he didn't want everyone to know this.
Since Rusty has took over a lot of deals have looked very shadey,this one just about tops the Burgess one though,I can't beleive this is legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts