What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If you believe that, you must believe in the tooth fairy.:crazy::crazy:
She could have sued him and walked away a rich and single woman. The fact that she didn't says a lot. Of course he might have hit her, but noone knows exactly what happened other than the two of them, and they have the same story, good enough for me (and it was good enough all along, not just since he decided to join my club).

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys, look what I found!!

http://rleague.com/db/article.php?id=38017

In response to a number of media enquiries regarding Greg Inglis, Melbourne Storm CEO, Mr Ron Gauci, would like to make the following statement.

"Greg Inglis remains a contracted player with Melbourne Storm and, in accordance with NRL rules, Melbourne Storm retains the right to determine who may be granted permission to negotiate with Greg Inglis," Mr Gauci said.

"At this point in time, Melbourne Storm has not received any formal request from any club requesting permission to open contract negotiations with Greg Inglis.

"Melbourne Storm is open to any request, subject to conditions, by any club seeking permission to negotiate with Greg Inglis.

"A previous release had been granted to Greg Inglis in August only after the receipt of verbal and written representations by his management that the player would be responsible for the reconciliation of any outstanding expenses.

"Melbourne Storm is disappointed that this matter has failed to be resolved due to the reneging of an agreement."

To all Souths fans, guess what, sounds like Storm believe you guys haven't requested permission to negotiate with him, and as he is still contracted to them, they can stop the deal with a flick of their wrist.
If Souths are moronic enough to not have asked permission to negotiate with him, which the article suggests they haven't, then it is my understanding the Storm could pursue legal action against Souths.

Storm are perfectly within their rights to say no to this, sorry Souths, but they still have the say on where he goes, and it sounds to me like they aren't particularly happy he has walked out on the deal they let him go for, for which he claimed a release on "compassionate grounds". Looks like Inglis was dumb enough to ignore that too.

I could be wrong and he will be happily in the green and red next week. But I think some people had better be hoping the Storm agree to this.

That article was published today.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hey guys, look what I found!!

http://rleague.com/db/article.php?id=38017

To all Souths fans, guess what, sounds like Storm believe you guys haven't requested permission to negotiate with him, and as he is still contracted to them, they can stop the deal with a flick of their wrist.
If Souths are moronic enough to not have asked permission to negotiate with him, which the article suggests they haven't, then it is my understanding the Storm could pursue legal action against Souths.

Storm are perfectly within their rights to say no to this, sorry Souths, but they still have the say on where he goes, and it sounds to me like they aren't particularly happy he has walked out on the deal they let him go for, for which he claimed a release on "compassionate grounds". Looks like Inglis was dumb enough to ignore that too.

I could be wrong and he will be happily in the green and red next week. But I think some people had better be hoping the Storm agree to this.

That article was published today.
1. Talks are on thursday. I'm sure we'll go through the necessary formalities before then.
2.If Melbourne did decide to keep him I'd love to see who would be the 3 or 4 solid players they'd be releasing to fit him in, we could buy them.

Alex28

Coach
Heh... Good work Souffs. Got everything right except for actually asking the club who he's contracted to for permission to negotiate.

Will serve them right when it all goes to sh*t :)

Bicey_18

Bench
Souths can have all the superstars they want.... fact is and always has been their halves. Until they fix that problem... nothing will change

boxhead

First Grade
1. Talks are on thursday. I'm sure we'll go through the necessary formalities before then.
2.If Melbourne did decide to keep him I'd love to see who would be the 3 or 4 solid players they'd be releasing to fit him in, we could buy them.

You don't get it at all.
Your club can be sued for negotiating with a contracted player if his club doesn't give them permission. Your club are absolute morons if this is true, which it sounds like it is.
He won't stay at the Storm, the fact is that they have every right to say he can't go to Souths and they will only allow him to go elsewhere.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So people are ignoring the reality of this? Ok hypothetical situation, Melbourne decide to be stubborn and refuse to let him go, who are they going to sack? They've already got rid of a lot of their supporting players to get under the cap for 2011, they'll have to get rid of even more for GI. By the time 2011 rolled around they'd be fielding the big 4 and 9 tree stumps.

And everyone is also ignoring the fact that GI doesn't like the Storm and the Storm don't like GI, that means they'd be sacking players to fit in a player they're fighting with over legal bills.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You don't get it at all.
Your club can be sued for negotiating with a contracted player if his club doesn't give them permission. Your club are absolute morons if this is true, which it sounds like it is.
He won't stay at the Storm, the fact is that they have every right to say he can't go to Souths and they will only allow him to go elsewhere.
Would you like to show some proof that Souths have negotiated with him before getting permission? There's a reason negotiations are scheduled for Thursday and why they haven't been done yet.

boxhead

First Grade
So people are ignoring the reality of this? Ok hypothetical situation, Melbourne decide to be stubborn and refuse to let him go, who are they going to sack? They've already got rid of a lot of their supporting players to get under the cap for 2011, they'll have to get rid of even more for GI. By the time 2011 rolled around they'd be fielding the big 4 and 9 tree stumps.

And everyone is also ignoring the fact that GI doesn't like the Storm and the Storm don't like GI, that means they'd be sacking players to fit in a player they're fighting with over legal bills.

Read my above post. You are completely missing the point. He will go elsewhere, he doesn't have to go to the Storm.

The fact of the matter is, which you can't accept because you have worked yourself up so hard, is that Storm have every right to tell Souths to f**k off. They are the ones that decide where Inglis can go, not the man himself. Until you grasp that, there's no point arguing.

boxhead

First Grade
Would you like to show some proof that Souths have negotiated with him before getting permission? There's a reason negotiations are scheduled for Thursday and why they haven't been done yet.

Would you like to show me proof stating otherwise? There's a juicy article sitting here.

Like I said earlier, this could very well just be the Melbourne Storm responding to media concerns. But I doubt they would do that.

Look, he will most likely be a Rabbitoh. You shouldn't worry about that, but you should damn well worry if this article truthfully indicates they negotiated with Inglis without permission.

Fact of the matter is, Inglis was granted a release from the Storm on compassionate grounds to be with his girl-friend in Brisbane. He's turned his back on them and has decided that he won't honour that agreement and is going to a Sydney club. Sounds like a major backflip and it's perfectly understandable the Storm would stop the deal right in its tracks.

Dragon

Coach

And probably still put 50 on you

BunniesMan

Immortal
Read my above post. You are completely missing the point. He will go elsewhere, he doesn't have to go to the Storm.

The fact of the matter is, which you can't accept because you have worked yourself up so hard, is that Storm have every right to tell Souths to f**k off. They are the ones that decide where Inglis can go, not the man himself. Until you grasp that, there's no point arguing.
And you're ignoring what I've said show me proof, beyond wild media speculation, that we have breached the rules? Noone is confirmed to have talked with him except for Mundine, who has nothing to do with Souths and has every right go give whatever advice he wants. Beyond that noone has talked to Inglis.

Me getting worked up? lol, more like the Inglis and souths haters have got their hopes up that this won't happen.

This is how it'll go down, at some point over the next 2 days Richo will call the storm and say "hey guys we want inglis, we'll be negotiating with him now, is that cool" and storm will be like "sure". Then on Thursday GI will negotiate and sign a contract with south sydney. At some point after that we'll have a fancy media conference with GI in souths colours. That is all.

Ike E Bear

Juniors

Actually, Greg is the one who decides where he goes. He has the upper hand in negotiations for his future. He has a contract (quite a big one) with the Storm - they can't just tell him to piss off and where to go. If he wanted to stay, they would be obliged to honour his contract and that's something that would put them in a very crappy position. Greg can tell them where he's willing to go, otherwise he's staying ... what would they do then?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Would you like to show me proof stating otherwise? There's a juicy article sitting here.

Like I said earlier, this could very well just be the Melbourne Storm responding to media concerns. But I doubt they would do that.

Look, he will most likely be a Rabbitoh. You shouldn't worry about that, but you should damn well worry if this article truthfully indicates they negotiated with Inglis without permission.

Fact of the matter is, Inglis was granted a release from the Storm on compassionate grounds to be with his girl-friend in Brisbane. He's turned his back on them and has decided that he won't honour that agreement and is going to a Sydney club. Sounds like a major backflip and it's perfectly understandable the Storm would stop the deal right in its tracks.
This is my problem with the whole situation. This compassionate grounds BS, it was BS for GI it was BS for the storm. They got rid of him because they preferred that to the alternative of getting rid of half their players who were getting more than minimum wage. So your saying if his gf wasn't there they'd be like "oh we wont release you, we'll sack a handful of other players". Of course not.

So why would the Storm stop the deal? They didn't let him go out of the goodness of their heart, they let him go because of salary cap reality.

Dragon

Coach
Greg can tell them where he's willing to go, otherwise he's staying ... what would they do then?

Devise an ingenious way of paying him outside the cap?

Ive got it! They could use a second set of books to pay him haha nobody will ever know!

Loudstrat

Coach
So now Inglis told the Broncos to f*ck off and hasn't spoken to Souths? A deal is negotiated, press informed, fans orgasm repeatedly, but Inglis HAS NOT TALKED TO SOUFFS YET?????????

I duno who is the buggest dickhead - Inglis -or you for putting your house on Souths winning the comp in 2011!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts