What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Branvan. Well I count you guys as having 28 over NYC age. Morgan. Mundine. Reynolds. Peats. Vaivai. Peats all too old for NYC payments. Granted only 25 will be in the top squad but unless 75% is getting back ended players need to go. Bunniesman. Melbourne wont release him until its paid. So it needs to go on the cap somewhere. I want him somewhere but it is impossible to keep everyone. Unless he will get $1m next season

It won't need to go on the cap if Greg pays it. Mundine could pay Greg 200K to spa for the day and Greg then uses that money to pay the bill. Russell could give the money to Mundine first. There are a million ways to get around this. I'd have to assume it would be the least of the problems.

Danish

Referee
It won't need to go on the cap if Greg pays it. Mundine could pay Greg 200K to spa for the day and Greg then uses that money to pay the bill. Russell could give the money to Mundine first. There are a million ways to get around this. I'd have to assume it would be the least of the problems.

You DO know that that is cheating the cap, right?

Danish

Referee
probably because they didn't consider him worth it.

Rusty on the other hand makes more money per movie than Brisbane makes in a year so doesn't give a sh*t.

Funnily enough I'm sure souths fans would have a massive MASSIVE problem if Easts had signed Inglis for minimum wage over a game of $50K per hole golf with Bouris and Politis

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
probably because they didn't consider him worth it.

Rusty on the other hand makes more money per movie than Brisbane makes in a year so doesn't give a sh*t.

Funnily enough I'm sure souths fans would have a massive MASSIVE problem if Easts had signed Inglis for minimum wage over a game of $50K per hole golf with Bouris and Politis

Of course we would. And to be honest I can understand why fans of other clubs are taking umbrage with the fortunate position that we find ourselves in when they don't have the same advantages. But, to be honest, given the way we were kicked around and down-trodden for so many years I truly don't give a sh*t.

Noa

First Grade
Of course we would. And to be honest I can understand why fans of other clubs are taking umbrage with the fortunate position that we find ourselves in when they don't have the same advantages. But, to be honest, given the way we were kicked around and down-trodden for so many years I truly don't give a sh*t.
Unfamiliar position for you guys (apart from fighting with the Roosters 12 fans) but you need to embrace the hate, wear it as a badge of honour, dont fight it.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Unfamiliar position for you guys (apart from fighting with the Roosters 12 fans) but you need to embrace the hate, wear it as a badge of honour, dont fight it.

Well, I'd rather be hated than pitied, so it is all good as far as I am concerned.

Evenflow

Bench
The small matter that will have GI serving the Storm papers to go to court in the near future?

Geez you're a dumb merkin only rivalled by the likes of Gaba around these parts. He was only agreed to be realeased originally because he and his manager gave verbal and written assurances that he's responsible for all outstanding payments ie. legal bills, so how the f**k is he going to turn around now and take the Storm to court given after he said he's responsible for any payments? I hope like hell he does take them to court because he'll lose a hell of a lot more money in court costs than what he ever would having to pay the $113k. You're a flat out stupid as he is :lol:

This direct quote from Ron Gauci's statement. I highly doubt he'd say they have written representations from Inglis' management if in fact they didn't. I'm sure that won't stop you coming up with yet another geniused counter argument though.

"A previous release had been granted to Greg Inglis in August only after the receipt of verbal and written representations by his management that the player would be responsible for the reconciliation of any outstanding expenses.

_Johnsy

Referee
GI was granted a compassionate release to be with his partner in Brisbane, now that this appears to be a load of shyte (purely by negotiating to play with 50uffs). Surely there would be legal grounds for the release to be null & void.

skeepe

Immortal

So you're happy to be a club that sh*ts on the rest of the competition and 100 years of history for a small gain?

Ok then.

What Souths are doing here is reprehensible.

grouch

First Grade
Careful taking advice from Noa - the hatred of his club was vindicated in the end! The Souffs hatred stems from the distasteful delusions of grandeur - and this isn't something that has begun with the Inglis signing, or the Burgess signing, or the Asotasi signing, or the Wing signing, or the Peachey signing, or the MacDougall signing, or the Fletcher signing, or the Brasher signing, or the O'Neill signing, or the Schifilitti signing, or the Blake signing... that were touted major coups - and it goes past the Charity Shield grand finals and Books of Feuds and Prides of the League. It's about the ongoing lack of self-awareness

Now you are finally getting it.

Now you know how Roosters, Dragons and Tigers fans feel when dribbling Souths fans carry on about merges and supposed rorts.

We truly don'y give a sh*t.

As I have said Souths fans ability to play the high moral ground and then not give a sh*t in the next instant is extraordinary.

Another non junior to fill the ranks and cost a local junior or 5 a spot in the self proclaimed "champion of Local Juniors" club.

Hypocritical.

adamkungl

Immortal
Now you are finally getting it.

Now you know how Roosters, Dragons and Tigers fans feel when dribbling Souths fans carry on about merges and supposed rorts.

We truly don'y give a sh*t.

As I have said Souths fans ability to play the high moral ground and then not give a sh*t in the next instant is extraordinary.

Another non junior to fill the ranks and cost a local junior or 5 a spot in the self proclaimed "champion of Local Juniors" club.

Hypocritical.

Souffs dribblers proving themselves to be the biggest hypocrites in the NRL...lead by Russel "I don't do chequebook rugby league" Crowe...pack of wankers

skeepe

Immortal
What are they doing that's reprehensible?:lol:

Where do I start?

Approaching a player without permission, enticing a player to break an agreement, having anything at all to do with that waste of skin Mundine, need I go on?

I've always had a bit of time for Souths, but no longer. They are an absolutely vile club and I hope they fail in everything they attempt.

BranVan3000

Coach
Where do I start?

Approaching a player without permission, enticing a player to break an agreement, having anything at all to do with that waste of skin Mundine, need I go on?

I've always had a bit of time for Souths, but no longer. They are an absolutely vile club and I hope they fail in everything they attempt.

That's reprehensible?:lol:

Not being a team full of dog f**kers?:lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Where do I start?

1. Everyone approaches players without permission. If you think we're the only ones your an idiot. While we have approached a player that is technically still with another team, and technically we need to ask the Storm first, this isn't a breach of the spirit of the rules. There is no realistic possibility of Inglis playing with the Storm in 2011, we're not stealing him from them, he's already going.

This isn't like when clubs talk to a player of another team when he's still clearly a part of their team and could be next year. We're not stealing Inglis from the Storm.

2.We haven't enticed a player to break an agreement. Inglis's agent has denied there ever was an agreement with the Broncos, I presume that's what he told Souths aswell.

3. There are no formal links between Souths and Mundine.

4. If you think we are a vile club, then you should hate just about every club in the NRL, including your own, because we've done nothing that isn't commonplace in the NRL.

Godz Illa

Coach
We're not stealing Inglis from the Storm.
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20167

In response to a number of media enquiries regarding Greg Inglis, Melbourne Storm CEO, Mr Ron Gauci, would like to make the following statement:

“Greg Inglis remains a contracted player with Melbourne Storm and, in accordance with NRL rules, Melbourne Storm retains the right to determine who may be granted permission to negotiate with Greg Inglis,” Mr Gauci said.

“At this point in time, Melbourne Storm has not received any formal request from any club requesting permission to open contract negotiations with Greg Inglis.

“Melbourne Storm is open to any request, subject to conditions, by any club seeking permission to negotiate with Greg Inglis.

“A previous release had been granted to Greg Inglis in August only after the receipt of verbal and written representations by his management that the player would be responsible for the reconciliation of any outstanding expenses

“Melbourne Storm is disappointed that this matter has failed to be resolved due to the reneging of an agreement."

Status
Not open for further replies.