What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerg

Juniors
I'm a guy. I don't do emotions. Just because I don't agree with your opinion doesnt make me emotional. I don't appreciate people bringing up the storm scandal when talking about inglis (or the other storm stars) when there is zero evidence they knew anything about it.

Which part of my opinion don't you agree with?

The fact he was involved in cheating?
The fact that he was charged with assaulting his partner which is a serious crime and he could have been in deep sh*t?
The fact he wanted a release to be near said partner who had a job in Brisbane?
The fact that he had a hand shake agreement with Broncos (so he could be near his partner) and reneged on it?
The fact that he doesn't want to pay his own legal bill?
or the fact that he will be scrutinised with any new dodgy looking deals he tries to set up?

I'm confused, because to me the above looks more like fact than opinion.

Sorry I've got to dash I've just been called back into work to sign an extension to my work contract - its odd though as its the third one I've signed this week.:sarcasm:

18to87

Coach
Looking at the picture of Inglis in the paper today I don't know why anyone would want him. He looks out of shape and hardly like a professional athlete.

BJP76A

Juniors
No income, hefty mortgage - Inglis says yes to talks with Essendon
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...es-to-talks-with-essendon-20101220-1936k.html

Bye Bye Bunnies :lol::lol::lol:

Hope the weather holds up for his flight back to Melbourne.

Hope Sally left her job in Melbourne on good terms, unlike hubby !

On a serious note though can anyone think of a bigger grub than this bloke ? SBW comes to mind but I think this guy is gonna make him look like an angel by the time he's done !

It's all about the money, unfortuneately Gregory your really not worth anywhere near the price your looking for pal.

PS for a real laugh go into the Souths Forum and read the thread entitled Forget Greg Inglis, in particular the thread where DaveQ compares Souths players sacrificing their spot in the team gor GI to Japanese pilots sacrificing themselves as suicide bombers in World War II, what a f**kwit !

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Bye Bye Bunnies :lol::lol::lol:

Hope the weather holds up for his flight back to Melbourne.

Hope Sally left her job in Melbourne on good terms, unlike hubby !

On a serious note though can anyone think of a bigger grub than this bloke ? SBW comes to mind but I think this guy is gonna make him look like an angel by the time he's done !

It's all about the money, unfortuneately Gregory your really not worth anywhere near the price your looking for pal.

The AFL will offer a lot more. Whether he can play the game or not doesn't matter, his image alone is worth millions to AFL.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its not enough that his fat ego is willing enough to put 3 of his team mates out of a a job, he is now exploiting it even further by threatening to play AFL.

Let the selfish prick go.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Even the AFL types on Big Footy are laughing at the size of him....

Seriously, he has as much chance of getting a gig in AFL as Stephen Hawking....

R2Coupe

Juniors
This is where leadership from Steve Kearney needs to be shown. The Eels with Kearney would be a good fit. Let's hope sanity prevails.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Looking at the picture of Inglis in the paper today I don't know why anyone would want him. He looks out of shape and hardly like a professional athlete.

hey now.. he does look like a professoinal athlete....

sumo_1.jpg

juro

Bench
Naa, we'll just really piss the haters off by winning a premiership. The ultimate revenge.
Wow, what a great idea. If only more people hated souths over the last 40 years, think how many premierships you would have won... :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Joker's Wild

Coach
But we cant let him go?!!! Think of how much we have missed cutie, SBW, Izzy, etc since they have left. How can we possibly move on without these superstars playing our game?!! Wont someone think of the fans!!!!!!

Dont let the door hit your gigantic arse on the way out High GI. Plenty of young talent coming through to replace you when your gone and forgotten.

kmav23

Juniors
Which part of my opinion don't you agree with?

The fact he was involved in cheating? - his just the emplyoee its the club responsibility to be under the cap his paid the play footy not manage the salary cap.

The fact that he was charged with assaulting his partner which is a serious crime and he could have been in deep sh*t?
- found innocnent

The fact he wanted a release to be near said partner who had a job in Brisbane? - the storm needed to release him to fit under the cap

The fact that he had a hand shake agreement with Broncos (so he could be near his partner) and reneged on it?
- handshake not binding, unless its signed its not valid.. there are too many clauses details in contract that need to be documented agreed and checked by lawyers...no one does business worth hunderds of thousands on a handshake...

The fact that he doesn't want to pay his own legal bill?
disputed fact

or the fact that he will be scrutinised with any new dodgy looking deals he tries to set up?
- the problem is with the salary cap

I'm confused, because to me the above looks more like fact than opinion.

Sorry I've got to dash I've just been called back into work to sign an extension to my work contract - its odd though as its the third one I've signed this week.:sarcasm:
no other workplace has salary caps or restrain of trade restrictions... its like your company telling you you cant earn more then this much or work a second job on the weekend

Gippsy

Bench
But we cant let him go?!!! Think of how much we have missed cutie, SBW, Izzy, etc since they have left. How can we possibly move on without these superstars playing our game?!! Wont someone think of the fans!!!!!!

Dont let the door hit your gigantic arse on the way out High GI. Plenty of young talent coming through to replace you when your gone and forgotten.

:clap: Nicely put, I couldn't agree more.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
no other workplace has salary caps or restrain of trade restrictions... its like your company telling you you cant earn more then this much or work a second job on the weekend

That exists in pretty much every professional company, it's just not publicized like the NRL salary cap. If you don't think there are internal caps on salary for roles within a company, or contracts that don't allow an employee to work for a competitor during or post-employment with the company in question you're kidding yourself.

Yes the salary cap is a restraint of trade, but it happens everywhere. The salary cap is too low, in a professional sport where your average player salary has to be ~$170,000 it's ridiculous when you compare it globally.

Evenflow

Bench

There's a simple solution to that. If any player doesn't like the rules set in place then they can f**k right off out of the game and get a real job. Nobody makes them play the game, it's a privlege to not a right and if they don't want to agree to the terms then they're free to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.