What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
The rules need to be changed so this never happens again. Legitimate sponsors were putting legitimate money into the game. And the NRL through it's incompetence told them to f**k off.

The NRL did not tell the sponsors to f**k off. The NRL was quite happy to allow said sponsors to pay Greg Inglis, however as the deals had been organised by South Sydney, they had to be included in the salary cap.

The fact that this would then put South Sydney over the cap for next season is why the deal was blocked.

If South Sydney can get under the cap, then these sponsors will still be paying this money to Greg Inglis. So the NRL has not told anybody to f**k off - except for South Sydney, who were attempting to cheat the cap.

The only one who has shown any incompetence whatsoever in this whole fiasco is the South Sydney club. They failed to comply with the rules governing third party deals. This failure means that these deals must be counted in the salary cap, putting them over the cap.

This is the fault of South Sydney and nobody else.

What you are advocating is for clubs to be able to organise 3rd party deals as an enticement to sign for the club, a situation which would be open to the most foul abuse imaginable. May as well not bother having a cap at all in that case.

The only reason Greg Inglis is not confirmed as being a South Sydney player today is due to one reason and one reason only: the incompetence of South Sydney management.

gerg

Juniors
Lol at your hypocrisy. You whinge about him forcing players to go on match payments then you whinge about him leaving (when he didn't have to) so even more players didn't have to get cut. Once he and his fiance (and now wife) had the same innocent story he was never going to jail. Any solicitor could have made that happen, even Toadie from Neighbours. And why should Inglis have to pay the entire bill when the first point of the lawyers job description was "protect the Storms brand and image". Get over yourself, your ridiculous Inglis hate is illogical.

:crazy: I made an effort to write a reply to your drivel but whats the point when you obviously endorse cheating of the cap with somebody who has previously been busted cheating the cap?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
bunniesman.. answer me this..

if you drop a cat from a height, it lands on it's feet..

if you drop a peice of toast, it lands buttered side down...

what happens if you glue a peice of toast, buttered side up, to the back of a cat and drop it from a great height?

now.. what happens if GI swallows this cat/toast creation and he gets dropped from a great height?

Eels Dude

Coach
Looks like Souths are pretty screwed seeing nobody wants to buy the players they're planning on releasing. Back to the drawing board for Inglis.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Am I the only person that doesn't bother reading posts with that many quotes and replies?

possibly..

Am I the only person that doesn't bother reading posts with that many quotes and replies?

come to think of it, you may be right..

acutally, i don't know, i spend a bit of time reading through. if someone has gone to that much effort, at least reward them..

yeah, it does seem a bit pointless..

yep, now i'm on board with your thoughts.. what a waste of time!!

no.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The NRL did not tell the sponsors to f**k off. The NRL was quite happy to allow said sponsors to pay Greg Inglis, however as the deals had been organised by South Sydney, they had to be included in the salary cap.

The fact that this would then put South Sydney over the cap for next season is why the deal was blocked.

If South Sydney can get under the cap, then these sponsors will still be paying this money to Greg Inglis. So the NRL has not told anybody to f**k off - except for South Sydney, who were attempting to cheat the cap.

The only one who has shown any incompetence whatsoever in this whole fiasco is the South Sydney club. They failed to comply with the rules governing third party deals. This failure means that these deals must be counted in the salary cap, putting them over the cap.

This is the fault of South Sydney and nobody else.

What you are advocating is for clubs to be able to organise 3rd party deals as an enticement to sign for the club, a situation which would be open to the most foul abuse imaginable. May as well not bother having a cap at all in that case.

The only reason Greg Inglis is not confirmed as being a South Sydney player today is due to one reason and one reason only: the incompetence of South Sydney management.
Tell that to the largest 3rd party sponsor who has gone on record saying he was after Inglis before Souths ever came into the picture.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...r-savages-nrl-over-ruling-20101219-191zp.html

:crazy: I made an effort to write a reply to your drivel but whats the point when you obviously endorse cheating of the cap with somebody who has previously been busted cheating the cap?
I don't endorse any cheating. As for Inglis in the Storm scandal, do you also hate Slater and Smith and Cronk as much? And if you do, that's even more ridiculous. There is no proof any of them knew anything was wrong.
Looks like Souths are pretty screwed seeing nobody wants to buy the players they're planning on releasing. Back to the drawing board for Inglis.
That DT article was poorly written, starts off saying noone wants our players and we're f**ked and then it says we only need to lose 1 player and clubs wont make their interest known until it's official that they are available. Both Champion and Lowe will have plenty of interest if they become available.

some11

Referee
bunniesman.. answer me this..

if you drop a cat from a height, it lands on it's feet..

if you drop a peice of toast, it lands buttered side down...

what happens if you glue a peice of toast, buttered side up, to the back of a cat and drop it from a great height?

now.. what happens if GI swallows this cat/toast creation and he gets dropped from a great height?

The Greg Inglis-Buttered Cat paradox.

Just like to add if Inglis was "fed up" with what was happening during the Broncos deal then surely he would be on the first plane out of the country by now (provided its not raining)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just like to add if Inglis was "fed up" with what was happening during the Broncos deal then surely he would be on the first plane out of the country by now (provided its not raining)

ahh... that explains all this god awful weather...

russell crowe has leveraged his new mate oprah to force NASA & the US government to fire their weather rockets over australia, causing this big wet & therefore ensuring GI is stuck in the one place till it's sorted...

lets hope it all happens soon, or we better start getting two of every animal*

*not rabbits though.. those buggers can fend for themselves...

BunniesMan

Immortal
ahh... that explains all this god awful weather...

russell crowe has leveraged his new mate oprah to force NASA & the US government to fire their weather rockets over australia, causing this big wet & therefore ensuring GI is stuck in the one place till it's sorted...

lets hope it all happens soon, or we better start getting two of every animal*

*not rabbits though.. those buggers can fend for themselves...
It's good having connections.

Eels Dude

Coach
That DT article was poorly written, starts off saying noone wants our players and we're f**ked and then it says we only need to lose 1 player and clubs wont make their interest known until it's official that they are available. Both Champion and Lowe will have plenty of interest if they become available.

Only if they're cheap. Ben Lowe wouldn't command much on the open market. 100k maybe, and then you have to replace him with a 60k player anyway. So that's a saving of 40k. Champion 200k perhaps, but with most clubs having finalised their rosters and without salary cap space left for next year, even that is too much to ask.

gerg

Juniors
I don't endorse any cheating. As for Inglis in the Storm scandal, do you also hate Slater and Smith and Cronk as much? And if you do, that's even more ridiculous. There is no proof any of them knew anything was wrong.

Where did I say I hate Inglis let alone the other three (although I think most agree that Slater is a grub). Your emotions are clearly making it impossible for your brain to function. Just because you've already put a GI mask on your blow up doll and lubed up ready for action doesn't mean you have to be so overly sensitive over this fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts