What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
Look BunniesMan I'm such a nice guy I've even found it for you.

Both clubs are refusing to pay because it would be included as part of their 2011 salary caps. Storm CEO Ron Gauci says he is happy to release Inglis to Souths.

"We released him on compassionate grounds to go to Brisbane but Souths is fine by us as long as the legal bill gets paid," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...lis-to-rabbitohs/story-e6frexnr-1225948543940

HOWEVER, that does not change the fact that the Storm have not given Souths permission to negotiate with Inglis.

They have still enticed a player to break a deal, and have illegally approached a contracted player.

Those facts are irrefutable. And that is why Souths are a vile club.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
"We didn't have any written agreements or letters of intent in place"
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...om-brisbane-deal/story-fn2mcuj6-1225949633870
And not just a quote, the manager's voice. It's the first clip, about halfway into it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ing-of-the-times/story-e6frepbf-1225949627204

Inglis had a written agreement. A simple email from GI or his manager accepting the terms of the Brisbane offer is all that is required to satisfy a written agreement.

NGR

Juniors
Look BunniesMan I'm such a nice guy I've even found it for you.

HOWEVER, that does not change the fact that the Storm have not given Souths permission to negotiate with Inglis.

They have still enticed a player to break a deal, and have illegally approached a contracted player.

Those facts are irrefutable. And that is why Souths are a vile club.

what are the storm going to do? Refuse to release him and be over the cap again...

You do not know the exact contract details, therefore you cannot be certain souths have enticed him to break a contract nor do you know if souths are breaking the cap.. No one here does..

skeepe

Immortal
what are the storm going to do? Refuse to release him and be over the cap again...

That's exactly what they did with the Broncos it would seem.

You do not know the exact contract details, therefore you cannot be certain souths have enticed him to break a contract nor do you know if souths are breaking the cap.. No one here does..

That's true about the cap, but seriously, how do they go from not being able to afford Luke Capewell to signing Greg Inglis? Something does not add up here.

Oh and it's bloody obvious that Souths have enticed him to break an agreement with Brisbane. Anyone saying otherwise despite the mountains of evidence either has their head in the sand or is being deliberately dense.

NGR

Juniors
I have refrained from commenting on the crap that is been talked about souths and inglis, but F it..

I highly doubt anyone on this forum is privy to the contract, how much souths have left in the cap, how they will pay inglis etc...

Yet there is an endless lineup of internet nobodies acting like they do, and passing judgement...

what is the go with that? Do you people actually think you are important in the rugby league world?

skeepe

Immortal
I have refrained from commenting on the crap that is been talked about souths and inglis, but F it..

I highly doubt anyone on this forum is privy to the contract, how much souths have left in the cap, how they will pay inglis etc...

Yet there is an endless lineup of internet nobodies acting like they do, and passing judgement...

what is the go with that? Do you people actually think you are important in the rugby league world?

So only people who are important in the rugby league world are permitted to comment on rugby league issues?

You utter wanker.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Prove that they don't care. I can prove that they do, and I did so in the last post.

:lol:

Idiot. If they said that, prove it and I will happily acknowledge that you were right.
NRL boss David Gallop spent much of yesterday trying to resolve the issue between the Broncos and the Storm over $113,000 of outstanding legal fees.
Both clubs are refusing to pay because it would be included as part of their 2011 salary caps. Storm CEO Ron Gauci says he is happy to release Inglis to Souths.
"We released him on compassionate grounds to go to Brisbane but Souths is fine by us as long as the legal bill gets paid," he said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...lis-to-rabbitohs/story-e6frexnr-1225948543940

Finally, I remembered reading it but it took me ages to find it again.

Proves I'm right, because I'm the one who used common sense. And you misunderstood Storm's position. They don't want to (and aren't allowed) to tell him where to go. Their rights end at deciding to release him or not (which at this point they're pretty much forced to do as they are so close to the cap they can't afford to pay a 30k legal bill). It makes no difference to them where he goes, they don't lose anything by him going to Souths instead of Broncos.

skeepe

Immortal

Finally, I remembered reading it but it took me ages to find it again.

Proves I'm right, because I'm the one who used common sense. And you misunderstood Storm's position. They don't want to (and aren't allowed) to tell him where to go. Their rights end at deciding to release him or not (which at this point they're pretty much forced to do as they are so close to the cap they can't afford to pay a 30k legal bill). It makes no difference to them where he goes, they don't lose anything by him going to Souths instead of Broncos.

Bit slow there mate, I found it way before you did.

Regardless of that comment, they still have clearly not given Souths permission to negotiate with Inglis, so your point is moot.

NGR

Juniors
So only people who are important in the rugby league world are permitted to comment on rugby league issues?

You utter wanker.
no, only people in the know at the clubs and headquarters would know the exact details...

You can comment on how fat and lazy he is and how he wont fly if it is raining, but to act like souths have done something wrong without a shred of evidence (and no the local rag does not constitute evidence)... That is typical internet nobody talk..

How childish skeepe..

skeepe

Immortal
no, only people in the know at the clubs and headquarters would know the exact details...

You can comment on how fat and lazy he is and how he wont fly if it is raining, but to act like souths have done something wrong without a shred of evidence (and no the local rag does not constitute evidence)... That is typical internet nobody talk..

How childish skeepe..

And I'm an internet nobody, so what's wrong with me talking like one?

BuffaloRules

Coach

I seem to recall a lot of the same innuendo and "stench" around the Storm when his last contract was signed...

We know how that turned out dont we??

Anyway, at least no one at Souths can say that they dont know what the penalties will be if they are doing something illegal....

All it takes is one disgruntled employee to let the cat out of the bag...

Mickyd39

Juniors
To all the souffs f*cktards out there.

If Inglis backs out of the Souths deal and decides to go off to France and play Union will you all still be spurting your man love for him everywhere.

I doubt it.

Don't be fooled that he will sign with your horrible club just because he has been quoted as saying he loves rugby league, remember who he has in his corner.

Souffs, pride of the league. What a f*cking joke.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
We've offered to sort out the legal bill. Brisbane didn't. In order to save himself 200K he is happy to join us. That is the long and short of it. End of story. Game over.

It would be his manager's duty to source any club that was happy to pay the bill and therefore save his client 200K.

"Hey Russell, Allan Gainey here. Are you happy to pay Greg's 200K legal bill? Because the Storm and Broncos aren't'.

"Sure mate".

"He's yours then".

For all of the surreptitious and clandestine dealings that have supposedly taken place it is equally as likely, if not more likely, that the above is what happened. I'm not blaming Brisbane for not wanting to fork out the dollars, that is their right. But it is irresponsible of them to not have checked all of the conditions of Greg's release before they agreed to the deal, because this bill did not pop up in the last 3 weeks.

adamkungl

Immortal
Of all the morally reprehensible things Inglis has ever done...
playing for QLD when he's clearly from NSW
allegedly beating up his girlfriend to protect her from self harm
heavily implicated in the Storm cap rort

Playing for souths could easily be the worst

skeepe

Immortal
We've offered to sort out the legal bill. Brisbane didn't. In order to save himself 200K he is happy to join us. That is the long and short of it. End of story. Game over.

It would be his manager's duty to source any club that was happy to pay the bill and therefore save his client 200K.

"Hey Russell, Allan Gainey here. Are you happy to pay Greg's 200K legal bill? Because the Storm and Broncos aren't'.

"Sure mate".

"He's yours then".

For all of the surreptitious and clandestine dealings that have supposedly taken place it is equally as likely, if not more likely, that the above is what happened. I'm not blaming Brisbane for not wanting to fork out the dollars, that is their right. But it is irresponsible of them to not have checked all of the conditions of Greg's release before they agreed to the deal, because this bill did not pop up in the last 3 weeks.

How the f**k did $30k become $200k?

Meanwhile, Bruno Cullen has confirmed that Brisbane were going to pay the legal bill for Inglis:

http://www.2ue.com.au/blogs/2ue-blog/inglis-reneges-on-broncos-deal/20101109-17l3h.html

This is proof that Souths have enticed him to break an agreement (the interview also confirms that terms were agreed in writing 5 months ago).

This is proof that Souths are a vile club, and Inglis is a turncoat lying scumbag.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
To all the souffs f*cktards out there.

If Inglis backs out of the Souths deal and decides to go off to France and play Union will you all still be spurting your man love for him everywhere.

I doubt it.

Don't be fooled that he will sign with your horrible club just because he has been quoted as saying he loves rugby league, remember who he has in his corner.

Souffs, pride of the league. What a f*cking joke.

Lets see what happens by the end of the week.

If he does sign, as supporters of our club, we would be wrapped seeing him run out in our colours. Funny thing is, if your club was in the frame to sign him up, I guess you would be telling us that you would not want him there?

In terms of what you think about our club, who gives a shiate.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Meanwhile, Bruno Cullen has confirmed that Brisbane were going to pay the legal bill for Inglis:

http://www.2ue.com.au/blogs/2ue-blog/inglis-reneges-on-broncos-deal/20101109-17l3h.html

This is proof that Souths have enticed him to break an agreement (the interview also confirms that terms were agreed in writing 5 months ago).

This is proof that Souths are a vile club, and Inglis is a turncoat lying scumbag.
Thats BS, all along Brisbane was saying they wouldn't or couldn't pay the bills, now when they're out of the picture suddenly they've figured out they would have paid.

StormChaser

First Grade
T

I doubt it.

Exactly! Inglis is a gigantic pimple on the arsehole of rugby league, where he goes, the stench will follow. Good luck Soufs. He'll f**k you over the same way he has everyone else.

Bench

Well done,maybe BunniesMan can give it a rest for a while now,although I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.