What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao this Souffs fan has to be taking the piss who the f**k would be jealous of not having Anthony Mundine, Russell Crowe or Gordon Tallis at their club? Three filthy pieces of sh*t that fit right in at LOL@Souffs

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The way I read the situation is that Inglis will pay the bill himself, eventually. He is just trying to negotiate the cost down.

If that is the case and Inglis pays the bill out of his own pocket then no club will have to include it under the cap.

The argument is that Inglis was just seeking legal representation but it was the Storm that upped the ante by shunning a regular solicitor and seeking the help of a (much more expensive) QC. Inglis is arguing that because of this, he should only have to pay the equivalent of what a regular solicitor would have cost.

not a valid argument imo

you want a Rolls Royce you expect to pay for one, not a Commodore

He wanted the best possible representation and it worked well for him but he only wants to pay for a standard representation that probably would not have got his the same result, ie; no conviction recorded

BunniesMan

Immortal
He made a mistake
What mistake did Stewart make exactly? He was the first person who went home from the party, he took a taxi instead of driving himself. And he was framed by a girl and her serial liar father. He didn't make any mistakes and it still cost a lot of money. Same with GI.

:lol:
We have about $700K free in the cap you dipsh*t. We have way more money to spend than you do, if you think otherwise you truly know nothing. The other stuff, well you wouldn't know it being an "Inglis expert" all of a sudden but Inglis and Hayne are close mates :lol: You are a contender for dumbest troll I have ever seen.
And how would you know you have 700k free in the cap? How many teams have 700k this time of year? And people reckon Souths are fudging the numbers and we're only claiming to have 200-300k under the cap....

And I know nothing? Your one to talk.

Canard

Immortal
Hutz: Well if you never forget anything. Tell me this. What color tie am I wearing? [turns around]

Apu: You are wearing a red and white club tie in a half-windsor knot.

Hutz: Oh, I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you [ugh]. Something which may shock and discredit you [ugh]. And that thing is as follows [as he finally undoes the whole tie]. I'm not wearing a tie at all. [jury gasps]

Evenflow

Bench
Hutz: Well if you never forget anything. Tell me this. What color tie am I wearing? [turns around]

Apu: You are wearing a red and white club tie in a half-windsor knot.

Hutz: Oh, I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you [ugh]. Something which may shock and discredit you [ugh]. And that thing is as follows [as he finally undoes the whole tie]. I'm not wearing a tie at all. [jury gasps]

The similarities between Bunniesman and Lionel Hutz are uncanny.

Fein

First Grade
I'd say it was Reggie The Rabbit, Ziggy.

He's a runtish gimp is three toedtard limpwrist.

boxhead

First Grade
And how would you know you have 700k free in the cap? How many teams have 700k this time of year? And people reckon Souths are fudging the numbers and we're only claiming to have 200-300k under the cap....

And I know nothing? Your one to talk.

We would have 700K this time of the year because we bought a lot of players cheap and have and several expensive players come off contract, i.e. Cayless, Inu and Mateo. People who actually know what is happening in the club have reported we do indeed have about that figure left under the cap.

You shouldn't be worried, we may have way more money than Souths do (free to spend), but it doesn't mean anything when he hopefully wears the red and green next year.
I don't take issue with Inglis or his deal with Souths, I take issue with you trolling the forums.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
How could Greg be headed anywhere the poor deluted goose thinks the NSW QLD border is just south of Bowraville......A very bad sense of direction.....No good for that boy when he goes walkabout

franklin2323

Immortal
We would have 700K this time of the year because we bought a lot of players cheap and have and several expensive players come off contract, i.e. Cayless, Inu and Mateo. People who actually know what is happening in the club have reported we do indeed have about that figure left under the cap.

You shouldn't be worried, we may have way more money than Souths do (free to spend), but it doesn't mean anything when he hopefully wears the red and green next year.
I don't take issue with Inglis or his deal with Souths, I take issue with you trolling the forums.

Boxhead. I agree you would be way under. Inu, Cayless, Mateo on atleast $200k. Carl webb and Matua would take Wright and Keating's money. take the increases the Souths fans are blowing their loads over. plenty of money left

thorson1987

Coach
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...star-greg-inglis/story-e6frg7mf-1225950355262

South Sydney is yet to clinch a deal with unsigned superstar Greg Inglis

SOUTH Sydney is adamant there are still a few hurdles before Greg Inglis is over the line at Redfern.

Souths are scheduled to meet Inglis and his manager this week to make a formal offer and remain optimistic about the star centre wearing red and green next season.

However, Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson yesterday ruled out the club paying any part of Inglis's legal bill, one of the triggers for his deal with the Broncos falling apart.

"I can tell you now we won't be paying the bill because if we did pay the bill it would be cap-able," Richardson said.

"I'd like to think he will be joining us but there's no guarantees. I know he loves the game and we're in with a chance. We'll find out in the next couple of days how good a chance. But if this does drag on too long I've got no doubt Greg will go to rugby union or AFL or somewhere else.."

Inglis has been at odds with Melbourne over a $117,000 legal bill stemming from his successful defence against assault charges involving fiancee Sally Robinson last year. The Storm hired a QC to defend Inglis, with the club's own image also at stake.

Inglis is happy to pay $87,000 of the bill but isn't pleased about getting stuck with the full amount, given he had no say in who was hired. The NRL has already indicated any club that pays a portion of Inglis's legal bill will have to include it in next year's cap.

"The situation with the legal bill and Melbourne is a simple one," Richardson said.

"He's not saying he's going to pay the legal bill himself _ what he's saying is he queries the bill.

"You query bills every day of your life whether it be electricity bills or legal bills. That's something his manager and his lawyer is working through with Melbourne."

Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen wouldn't comment yesterday but a source close to the club said the deal had fallen away following the involvement of Russell Crowe and Anthony Mundine.

Inglis has said he was ready to join another code until Crowe intervened and asked him to join the Rabbitohs.

"The legal bills had absolutely nothing to do with it," a Brisbane source said. "The legal bills would have been sorted out. Everyone is carrying on about the legal bills but there's no way Inglis wasn't going to be playing rugby league somewhere next year.

"Common sense would have prevailed but somewhere in the last couple of weeks Mundine and Crowe have got involved and talked him out of signing."

The Broncos' situation wasn't helped by an impasse over changes to playing contracts which was a legacy of the Storm's salary cap scandal this season.

The NRL was keen for new guidelines to be introduced where managers and players would have to sign statutory declarations confirming the contract was salary cap compliant.

However, both the players' union and agents' association baulked at the proposal and the contracts of several players including Inglis were left in limbo until a solution could be reached.

Richardson said he was confident the situation wouldn't lead to bad blood between the two clubs.

"People underestimate what we do in the indigenous community with our employment programs and Souths Cares and all sorts of things," Richardson said.

"Things went on for a long while with the legal situation with Melbourne and maybe he had second thoughts about it."

boxhead

First Grade
So Souths won't pay his legal bills either......if that's the case then unless Inglis changes his stance and pays it himself he won't be a Souths player in 2011 :(

BunniesMan

Immortal
So Souths won't pay his legal bills either......if that's the case then unless Inglis changes his stance and pays it himself he won't be a Souths player in 2011 :(
He's not saying he won't pay the bills. He just has an issue with the precise amount. And besides, he hasn't even been given an itemised bill yet. I'm sorry to break it to you but Inglis a Rabbitoh within 48 hours.:(:(:( Your Eels can enjoy Tonga, I'm sure he'll be the big difference maker for them,lol.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
:lol: How many times do I have to tell you, I WANT SOUTHS TO SIGN INGLIS.

Tonga is far better value for money anyway, I'd rather him than Inglis any-day.

If Inglis is going to pay the bills, then good on him for making a rational decision.

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol: How many times do I have to tell you, I WANT SOUTHS TO SIGN INGLIS.

Tonga is far better value for money anyway, I'd rather him than Inglis any-day.

If Inglis is going to pay the bills, then good on him for making a rational decision.
How many times do I have to tell you, I TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT AND DON'T WANT. And you don't want this so bad you'll be in tears when you watch the press conference.

boxhead

First Grade
How many times do I have to tell you, I TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT AND DON'T WANT. And you don't want this so bad you'll be in tears when you watch the press conference.

Wow. You are the most arrogant person I have ever met. Enjoy your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts