What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If he was saving her life, why did the police become involved? Who rang the police and why?
I don't know who rang the police, could have been a neighbour or something ignorant to the details. Or even if it was her she could later just say she obviously wasn't in the right state of mind. And Police always investigate suspicious events. It doesn't mean something illegal definetley happened, just that the possibility is there.
Wow. You are the most arrogant person I have ever met. Enjoy your life.
That was obvious sarcasm and you know it.

Borat.

Juniors
100 % Inglis will not pay a cent of his Legal bill....what ever the PR bullsh*t says...

Why should he if a bunch of Multi's want to pay it for him? good luck to the bloke...hope Rusty is throwing another 500k his way as a top up....

The guy was given a boat FFS- he has prior form....

Atleast he us staying in league....

In 10 years the salary cap will mean nothing - what's to stop the Mulit's at souths giving him a bonus and claiming it as a tax right off......

The Business

Juniors
If teams like StGeorge can fit in Gasnier and Brisbane could sign up Inglis, why can't we fit him in?

It is not as if we are stacked with rep players across the park.
LOL

With Inglis you now have up to 11 players with International, State of Origin or City Country experience.

For so long Souths have carried on how they don't "play chequebook rugby league". Then they pursue a player that had a handshake agreement with another club.

Hypocrisy at its best.

"We stopped him from leaving the game..."

LOL

"The people's team".

LOL

"Battlers".

LOL

Borat.

Juniors
LOL

With Inglis you now have up to 11 players with International, State of Origin or City Country experience.

For so long Souths have carried on how they don't "play chequebook rugby league". Then they pursue a player that had a handshake agreement with another club.

Hypocrisy at its best.

LOL

"The people's team".

LOL

"Battlers".

LOL

Coming from the RO$TER$

How in gods name did a wooden spoon club, in the headlines for a coach being drunk beating down someones door, star player sh*tting in a hotel room...jake friend......on and on.... get the first 5 games on free to air.....

big country

Juniors
Coming from the RO$TER$

How in gods name did a wooden spoon club, in the headlines for a coach being drunk beating down someones door, star player sh*tting in a hotel room...jake friend......on and on.... get the first 5 games on free to air.....

= James packer

David G

Juniors
Inglis will have to pay his legal bill one way or another. Either he pays the extra 30k from his pocket, or rabbitohs pay him x-30k for his contract. I will make sure that this is all done legally and transparently. Do not fear, David G is here.

the1

Juniors
LOL

Hypocrisy at its best.

LOL

"The people's team".

LOL

"Battlers".

LOL

Seriously? I do not know where you picked our 11 representative players from.

We have three three rep players in DTaylor, Burgess and Luke. We are almost certainly the club with the least amount of rep players. The Sharks would have more than us.

Loudstrat

Coach
I like how you make your point with random missing the point insults (unlike some people here).

As for Inglis, could he have gone about rejecting Brisbane in a better way? Yes, I'll admit that. He isn't perfect, let's not forget he is only 23 years old.

I don't have a problem with people being annoyed at how he let them know he changed his mind. That's a legitimate criticism. But I do disagree when people say he had no right to change his mind. And I do disagree when people make him out to be some kind of villainous monster, when he hasn't even done the worst thing in league this week, let alone in recent history.

There are far bigger crimes than being rude about rejecting a club. The way some people go on about it, you'd think he deserves to be lynched.
I am yet to hear a rational reason as to why he rejected Brisbane? I have heard plenty of sh*t about paperplanes getting mashed by raindrops, rubbish about legal bills (which neither Souffs or Brisbane would pay) and horse hockey about "saving Inglis from Union" when he was a Bronco at 9am on Friday, and by 9.30 he was on his way to Sydney to be saved from going to Union.

Therefore, the cabie that took him from Cullens office to the aiport must have been either John O'neill or Umanga. :lol:

1. His name was pulled through the mud.
2. And it doesn't take a legal genius to get someone off when the victim says he was saving her life.
But it does take a lega genius to explain how beating a woman up is saving her life!!!!!!

Maybe the allmighty media got it wrong when they said he reneged on the Brisbane deal because of the legal bill, maybe people's biases and arrogance won't let them even consider the fact that he actually preferred Souths over Brisbane and it had nothing to do with money (if he was about money he'd be an AFL or Union player by now).
Mate, Brisbane is a sh*thole, but Redfern makes it look like Monaco!

Get with the times dude.
1. The Storm CEO has been quoted more recently as saying we have asked for permission, and so far we're the only club that has, even Parra hasn't yet.
2. And the Parra CEO was told not to bother not because we broke any NRL laws but because Inglis had made his mind up about where he wants to go.
How about YOU get with the times you dumb twat. Osbourne was told "It's a done deal" BEFORE Souffs asked for permission
That doesn't mean negotiations have taken place, it's just that he has decided on his first choice and now it's his agent's and Souths job to figure out a deal. If they can't then other teams might have a chance.
I thought Melboring was his forst choice, and Brisbane was his second?

I laugh so hard at the haters hoping and praying that happens. What exactly does Parra have over us. They are one man team while we have good players across the field. They don't have more money than us. They don't have Mundine, Tallis or Russell Crowe. There is a reason Inglis's people told the Parra CEO not to bother. .
You are f*cking kidding, right???? Given that Souths have never had quality like Hayne and Hindmarsh since they had Rayner and Churchill - given that a host of Bunnies refugees from Brian Hambly to Dennis Pittard to Fiu Fiu have flocked to Parra over the years to find greener pastures - and we don't have demented f*ckwits like Mundine, Tallis and Crowe....

FFS at Parra we don't have to hit the DEFROST button of a cryogenic chamber to find someone who can remember Souffs last win in September. We didn't give up having cheergirls because we couldn't find any chicks over 14 with teeth. And we don't class sleeping on a park bench as something to aspire to!!!!

BTW, I'd be very concerned if Inglis wore the blue and gold 4 jumper next year. Firstly the traitor isn't fit to wear the jumper made famous by Steve Ella. Secondly, we already bought our fat useless f*ck in Carl Webb. Thirdly, we need someone to take the workload of Jarryd Hayne, not to stand near him and wheeze. And lastly, we need another overpaid version of Krisnan Inu to play in fits and starts like we need a hole in our head. Which, ironically, would make us look like a Souffs supporter.

So it took a clever lawyer that got her to say that? When she could have walked away and left him as a rich woman.
Well, she went to Brisbane. And Inglis followed her. Suddenly, Inglis is running to the NRL cesspit for exactly the same deal. Rejection makes you do strange things I guess.

Anyway, Melbourne stillhold the cards. And they might decide to offer the olive branch for their evil act last October, buy giving us the inside running into Inglis - and because we asked before we talked to him, threw money at him and bragged about it all in the papers unlike you dumb geniused f*ckwits!!!!!!!

BunniesMan

Immortal
I am yet to hear a rational reason as to why he rejected Brisbane? I have heard plenty of sh*t about paperplanes getting mashed by raindrops, rubbish about legal bills (which neither Souffs or Brisbane would pay) and horse hockey about "saving Inglis from Union" when he was a Bronco at 9am on Friday, and by 9.30 he was on his way to Sydney to be saved from going to Union.
Maybe he didn't want to jump at the first oppurtunity, maybe he wanted to see other options and he liked us best.

How about YOU get with the times you dumb twat. Osbourne was told "It's a done deal" BEFORE Souffs asked for permission
That could have been a figure of speech. Maybe by then Inglis had decided where he wanted to go and told his agent to get it done. And some good Samaritan told Osbourne not to waste his time.

You are f*cking kidding, right???? Given that Souths have never had quality like Hayne and Hindmarsh since they had Rayner and Churchill -
In my opinion Burgess is a better player than Hindmarsh. And yes Hayne is a brilliant player, on his day he's the best on the planet but I don't see much special on that team beyond him.

BTW, I'd be very concerned if Inglis wore the blue and gold 4 jumper next year. Firstly the traitor isn't fit to wear the jumper made famous by Steve Ella. Secondly, we already bought our fat useless f*ck in Carl Webb. Thirdly, we need someone to take the workload of Jarryd Hayne, not to stand near him and wheeze. And lastly, we need another overpaid version of Krisnan Inu to play in fits and starts like we need a hole in our head. Which, ironically, would make us look like a Souffs supporter.
So we agree on something? You don't want him and I don't want you to have him. So much in common...we're like best mates.

Well, she went to Brisbane. And Inglis followed her. Suddenly, Inglis is running to the NRL cesspit for exactly the same deal. Rejection makes you do strange things I guess.
And now she's following him to Sydney, imo the greatest city in Australia.

Anyway, Melbourne stillhold the cards. And they might decide to offer the olive branch for their evil act last October, buy giving us the inside running into Inglis - and because we asked before we talked to him, threw money at him and bragged about it all in the papers unlike you dumb geniused f*ckwits!!!!!!!
How exactly can they give you the inside running? We've asked for permission and they've given us permission, that's where their involvement ends. What could they possibly do to help youse out at this stage, considering GI and Souths meet in the morning.

Loudstrat

Coach
Giving someone permission to talk, and a release, are two vastly different things.

Hindmash sh*ts on Burgess - a talented Pommy that still has puppy fat and more dropped ball than Ryles ever had.

Hayne, Burt, Tahu, Reddy, Fui, Hindy, Ben Smith, Mannah, Poore, Horo and Shack would waltz into the Bunnies 17, with only Sutton, Burgess, Taylor, Luke, Merrit and at a stretch Sando decent chances to ad to that squad.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Giving someone permission to talk, and a release, are two vastly different things.
True, but how are they going to use that power? Refuse to release him until we get bored and the Eels are still keen? Eventually it would get to the point where they are forced to release him to not be in breach of the 2011 salary cap. And I doubt Souths would spend their cap space on someone else in the meantime.

South Sydney boss Shane Richardson says club can afford to fit Greg Inglis under NRL salary cap

By Phil Rothfield Sports Editor-at-Large From: The Daily Telegraph November 11, 2010

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ends-inglis-deal/story-e6frexnr-1225951331762

SOUTHS boss Shane Richardson has defended superstar Greg Inglis' decision to break a handshake agreement with the Brisbane Broncos to join the Rabbitohs next season.

"There's been lot of handshake deals that have fallen over, " Richardson said last night.

"I can give you an example with Luke Lewis. He shook on a deal with me at Souths and then he decided to stay at Penrith.

"In the end, I wanted Luke to be where he was going to be happy. I didn't hassle him or argue with him. That's what he wanted.

Daily Telegraph Sports Editor-at-Large Phil Rothfield grilled Richardson over the Inglis deal. This his how the exchange went:

Phil "Buzz" Rothfield: Can I ask how can you sign Greg Inglis and get him under the salary cap?

South Sydney CEO Shane Richardson: He hasn't agreed yet, but it's simple and it will be legal.

Buzz: How?

Richo: I have to explain that to the NRL, not you and The Daily Telegraph. There's been an extra $100,000 in the salary cap.

Buzz: No, that's not right.

Richo: It is right.

Buzz: On July 29 you said, and I quote: "We've made no approach to Greg Inglis or his management and we've got no plans to make any approach. We would have no room under the salary cap to allow us to even think about it."

Richo: Since that time we've got an extra $100,000 in the salary cap.

Buzz: You haven't, mate.

Richo: It's gone up $100,000 - and also Colin Best rejected our one-year offer for $160,000 because he wanted two years at Cronulla. On top of that we got another extra $150,000 in the cap out of the collective bargaining agreement. We'll have enough money to fit him in.

Buzz: I dispute that. You knew in June that the salary cap was being increased to what it is now.

Richo: We didn't know in June. The agreement for the CBA with the RLPA only came through in August.

Buzz: I have a press release in front of me from June 22 when the NRL announced all the salary cap increases after a chief executives' meeting. You were there. You know that's the case.

Richo: David Gallop put out a statement that that's what he wanted to do, but I can assure you there was no final approval. Those increases have only finalised in recent times.

Buzz: The RLPA was never going to knock back more money. The press release said all the club CEOs had supported the salary cap increases for next year and clubs went away and signed players as though it was official.Richo: We didn't. We're doing nothing with Inglis that's not in the cap. What are you trying to get at?

Buzz: I can't understand why you've been quoted three times this year saying you're on the cap and have no money. Then you sign the world's best player.

Richo: We haven't signed him yet, we've made an offer. I repeat, the salary cap increases were not approved by the RLPA until August.

Buzz: The RLPA doesn't run the game. That's David Gallop's job.

Richo: Nothing was approved in June. We haven't gone out and signed players since that time. Not one player. Our business is run properly and we're allowed to make an offer to Greg Inglis. We'll justify it with the NRL, not you.

Buzz: Sorry for doing my job as a journalist. Fans at the other clubs expect us to investigate this sort of thing.

Richo: I understand that Phil, but there's nothing to investigate. We've made an offer, it's all above board.

It's obviously less for next year than it will be for the following two years and we're able to do it under the cap.

Buzz: What about the legal bill at the Storm?

Richo: Greg's lawyers are working that out. He's never said he's not paying the bill, he's disputing the amount.

Buzz: I'm sorry, but I'm still struggling to get a grip on this.

Richo: There's nothing secretive in what we've done.

I don't understand why you're going on the attack about this. Why are you carrying on about it?

Buzz: No, no ... I'm asking questions other clubs and their fans want answered.

Richo: Check it out all you want, it's a simple deal.

Buzz: Can I ask you to comment on Greg breaking a handshake deal with the Broncos?

Richo: That's got nothing to do with us. That's between him and the Broncos.

Buzz: Is that the sort of person you want at Souths?

Richo: He makes his own decisions. It's not my business what happened in Brisbane.

Buzz: Hold on. Do you agree if someone shakes hands on a deal, it's a deal.

Richo: There's been a lot of handshake deals that have fallen over. I can give you an example with Luke Lewis. He shook on a deal with me and then he decided to stay at Penrith. In the end, I wanted Luke to be where he was going to be happy.

I didn't hassle him or argue with him. That's what he wanted.

Buzz: What do you think of him ringing the Broncos on Saturday and saying he couldn't fly home because there was too much rain in Sydney?

Richo: I know nothing about that.

I can't comment.

Buzz: But you have defended him as though he's been criticised unfairly. Please.

Richo: I don't know what happened with the Broncos. All I know is we've got a reasonable offer in with him and hopefully he takes it up.

Buzz: It's a done deal, everyone knows that.

Richo: It's not, we've made a reasonable offer, that's all.

Buzz: I still think it's very poor form for a player to look Bruno Cullen in the eye last Friday and tell him he'll play for the Broncos and also shake hands with Andrew Gee. Next day he's in Sydney and rings the Broncos and says he can't catch a plane because it's too wet.

Richo: I know nothing about what arrangements he had with the Broncos.

Buzz: Do you still want to sign Sam Burgess's three brothers? Can you fit them in as well?

Richo: I said a few weeks ago I'd like to see the Burgess brothers playing for us.

Buzz: You said next year.

Richo: We have spoken to Bradford about young George coming out for a year. It would be good for George and good for Great Britain rugby league. I'd hope he could come out to play in our NYC.

Buzz: He won't come out for $50,000 to play Toyota Cup.

Richo: Phil, how would you know? Bradford have a contract with him for the next two years. I don't understand why you are so vehemently opposed to Souths.

Buzz: I'm not. I wrote on Sunday it would be a great thing for rugby league if Greg Inglis played for the South Sydney Rabbitohs - as long as the deal is all fair and square.

Richo: I want to make sure it's done fair too. What's unfair? You tell me.

Buzz: I'll tell you what's wrong. He sought a release from Melbourne on compassionate grounds to live with his fiancee in Brisbane, buy a house, and get married, etc. He shook hands and did a deal. Then Anthony Mundine gets in his ear, puts a spell over the poor kid, and he's gone back on his word. I'm sorry, but that's poor form.

Richo: I don't know about Mundine's involvement. Souths have done nothing wrong. If anything, we're the club that's going to keep him in league. I'd rather that than him going to French rugby union, AFL or otherwise. We're trying to keep the best player in our game and we're getting kicked over it.

Buzz: The Broncos were going to keep him in the NRL too.

Richo: But he didn't want that.

Buzz: He told the Storm he did.

Richo: I don't think he's got a great relationship with the Storm. He's fine with the players and the coach, but that's where it ends.

Buzz: Look, the bottom line is you were quoted in July saying you had no brass at all.

Richo: I'd like to think you'll report on this fairly, but you won't accept what I'm saying.

Buzz: I still say you knew in June what the cap was going to be in 2011. Every other club did.

Richo: You seem to be taking this to heart. I don't get why you're carrying on about it.

Buzz: I'm doing my job.

Richo: No, you're getting all aggressive. I want you to put it in the paper that we didn't know we had the extra cap money until August.

Buzz: Oh, c'mon Richo.

Richo: You can c'mon all you like. It's highly unusual the way you're going about this. I don't get it. Is it a Brisbane-News Limited thing or a Melbourne-News Limited thing?

Buzz: There's no interference from management at this newspaper.

South Sydney boss Shane Richardson says club can afford to fit Greg Inglis under NRL salary cap

By Phil Rothfield Sports Editor-at-Large From: The Daily Telegraph November 11, 2010

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ends-inglis-deal/story-e6frexnr-1225951331762

SOUTHS boss Shane Richardson has defended superstar Greg Inglis' decision to break a handshake agreement with the Brisbane Broncos to join the Rabbitohs next season.

"There's been lot of handshake deals that have fallen over, " Richardson said last night.

"I can give you an example with Luke Lewis. He shook on a deal with me at Souths and then he decided to stay at Penrith.

"In the end, I wanted Luke to be where he was going to be happy. I didn't hassle him or argue with him. That's what he wanted.

Daily Telegraph Sports Editor-at-Large Phil Rothfield grilled Richardson over the Inglis deal. This his how the exchange went:

Phil "Buzz" Rothfield: Can I ask how can you sign Greg Inglis and get him under the salary cap?

South Sydney CEO Shane Richardson: He hasn't agreed yet, but it's simple and it will be legal.

Richo: I have to explain that to the NRL, not you and The Daily Telegraph. There's been an extra $100,000 in the salary cap.

Buzz: On July 29 you said, and I quote: "We've made no approach to Greg Inglis or his management and we've got no plans to make any approach. We would have no room under the salary cap to allow us to even think about it."

Richo: It's gone up $100,000 - and also Colin Best rejected our one-year offer for $160,000 because he wanted two years at Cronulla. On top of that we got another extra $150,000 in the cap out of the collective bargaining agreement. We'll have enough money to fit him in.

Buzz: I dispute that. You knew in June that the salary cap was being increased to what it is now.

Richo: We didn't know in June. The agreement for the CBA with the RLPA only came through in August.

Buzz: I have a press release in front of me from June 22 when the NRL announced all the salary cap increases after a chief executives' meeting. You were there. You know that's the case.

Richo: David Gallop put out a statement that that's what he wanted to do, but I can assure you there was no final approval. Those increases have only finalised in recent times.

Buzz: The RLPA was never going to knock back more money. The press release said all the club CEOs had supported the salary cap increases for next year and clubs went away and signed players as though it was official.Richo: We didn't. We're doing nothing with Inglis that's not in the cap. What are you trying to get at?

Buzz: I can't understand why you've been quoted three times this year saying you're on the cap and have no money. Then you sign the world's best player.

Richo: We haven't signed him yet, we've made an offer. I repeat, the salary cap increases were not approved by the RLPA until August.

Richo: Nothing was approved in June. We haven't gone out and signed players since that time. Not one player. Our business is run properly and we're allowed to make an offer to Greg Inglis. We'll justify it with the NRL, not you.

Buzz: Sorry for doing my job as a journalist. Fans at the other clubs expect us to investigate this sort of thing.

Richo: I understand that Phil, but there's nothing to investigate. We've made an offer, it's all above board.

It's obviously less for next year than it will be for the following two years and we're able to do it under the cap.

Richo: Greg's lawyers are working that out. He's never said he's not paying the bill, he's disputing the amount.

I don't understand why you're going on the attack about this. Why are you carrying on about it?

Buzz: Can I ask you to comment on Greg breaking a handshake deal with the Broncos?

Richo: He makes his own decisions. It's not my business what happened in Brisbane.

Richo: There's been a lot of handshake deals that have fallen over. I can give you an example with Luke Lewis. He shook on a deal with me and then he decided to stay at Penrith. In the end, I wanted Luke to be where he was going to be happy.

Buzz: What do you think of him ringing the Broncos on Saturday and saying he couldn't fly home because there was too much rain in Sydney?

I can't comment.

Buzz: But you have defended him as though he's been criticised unfairly. Please.

Richo: I don't know what happened with the Broncos. All I know is we've got a reasonable offer in with him and hopefully he takes it up.

Buzz: I still think it's very poor form for a player to look Bruno Cullen in the eye last Friday and tell him he'll play for the Broncos and also shake hands with Andrew Gee. Next day he's in Sydney and rings the Broncos and says he can't catch a plane because it's too wet.

Buzz: Do you still want to sign Sam Burgess's three brothers? Can you fit them in as well?

Richo: I said a few weeks ago I'd like to see the Burgess brothers playing for us.

Richo: We have spoken to Bradford about young George coming out for a year. It would be good for George and good for Great Britain rugby league. I'd hope he could come out to play in our NYC.

Richo: Phil, how would you know? Bradford have a contract with him for the next two years. I don't understand why you are so vehemently opposed to Souths.

Buzz: I'm not. I wrote on Sunday it would be a great thing for rugby league if Greg Inglis played for the South Sydney Rabbitohs - as long as the deal is all fair and square.

Buzz: I'll tell you what's wrong. He sought a release from Melbourne on compassionate grounds to live with his fiancee in Brisbane, buy a house, and get married, etc. He shook hands and did a deal. Then Anthony Mundine gets in his ear, puts a spell over the poor kid, and he's gone back on his word. I'm sorry, but that's poor form.

Richo: I don't know about Mundine's involvement. Souths have done nothing wrong. If anything, we're the club that's going to keep him in league. I'd rather that than him going to French rugby union, AFL or otherwise. We're trying to keep the best player in our game and we're getting kicked over it.

Richo: I don't think he's got a great relationship with the Storm. He's fine with the players and the coach, but that's where it ends.

Buzz: Look, the bottom line is you were quoted in July saying you had no brass at all.

Richo: I'd like to think you'll report on this fairly, but you won't accept what I'm saying.

Buzz: I still say you knew in June what the cap was going to be in 2011. Every other club did.

Richo: You seem to be taking this to heart. I don't get why you're carrying on about it.

Richo: No, you're getting all aggressive. I want you to put it in the paper that we didn't know we had the extra cap money until August.

Richo: You can c'mon all you like. It's highly unusual the way you're going about this. I don't get it. Is it a Brisbane-News Limited thing or a Melbourne-News Limited thing?

I can't comment.

Canard

Immortal
Im seeing triple!!

One certainty the prescence of the much lauded mental giant "Tallis" at the club, means its a CERTAINTY that Wayne Bennet will never head to Souffs.

hellteam

First Grade
:shock: Rothfield not happy. I don't care if he goes to Souths. BUT it does seem a bit sus... although I'd like to think no club is stupid enough to try and get around the cap.

bobmar28

Bench
Greg Inglis has every right to join the Bunnies if that's what he wants. I just want to be sure there is no rorting of the salary cap.

Frailty

First Grade
So an extra $100,000 that Souths 'didn't know about' but every other club did, and Colin Best knocking back '$160,000 for one year'.

There is something wrong... Cronulla would not being paying near 160,000 for Best, and he was told to look elsewhere by Souths because they could not fit him in the cap.

Souths = The New Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.