What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Juniors
I would laugh so hard if he ends up in Parramatta and all the south supporters do massive back flips on their opinions on the man.

Canard

Immortal
1. His name was pulled through the mud.
2. And it doesn't take a legal genius to get someone off when the victim says he was saving her life.

The more cynical of us, would say this was a very clever defence formulated by a smart legal team.

If Greg had gone for Lionel Hutz, he very well may have not been in the NRL right now.

RWB

Bench
Big issue with this one.

1. Are we to assume that Souths did not use up a single cent of ANY of the cap increase benefits before now? That's pretty poor management if so. Didn't Isaac Luke just sign a new, improved deal? I'm certain he would have taken up some of it.

2. $300,000 on 3 players leaving? No, only $190,000. If the figures publicly released are to be believed, they are saving $190,000 on Colin Best, $55,000 on Luke Capewell and $55,000 on someone else whose name escapes me. That does add up to $300,000, but is not a saving of $300,000. Just because Inglis may sign, it doesn't mean that Souths suddenly operate with a top 23 under the cap. The two minimum wagers are going to have to be replaced by 2 other minimum wagers, thereby negating the savings.

Sounds like there's some creative accounting going on at Souths.

Well put, a point that seems to keep being evaded. Also interesting to note is that they claimed earlier in the year that Burgess was on a back ended contract, inconsistencies...

BunniesMan

Immortal
I would laugh so hard if he ends up in Parramatta and all the south supporters do massive back flips on their opinions on the man.
I laugh so hard at the haters hoping and praying that happens. What exactly does Parra have over us. They are one man team while we have good players across the field. They don't have more money than us. They don't have Mundine, Tallis or Russell Crowe. There is a reason Inglis's people told the Parra CEO not to bother.

The more cynical of us, would say this was a very clever defence formulated by a smart legal team.

If Greg had gone for Lionel Hutz, he very well may have not been in the NRL right now.
So it took a clever lawyer that got her to say that? When she could have walked away and left him as a rich woman. Any average lawyer could have gotten Inglis off with her story.

CMUX

1. His name was pulled through the mud.
2. And it doesn't take a legal genius to get someone off when the victim says he was saving her life.

Maybe the allmighty media got it wrong when they said he reneged on the Brisbane deal because of the legal bill, maybe people's biases and arrogance won't let them even consider the fact that he actually preferred Souths over Brisbane and it had nothing to do with money (if he was about money he'd be an AFL or Union player by now).

What a load of rubbish – it was the most low key court case in history; I barely even remember what the allegations were.

Common sense says that no one in their right mind would prefer souffs over any club. Didn’t he want to go to Brisbane to be “closer to his girlfriend” well I suppose he will be half way there now.

If he had any balls he would just say “I reneged on Brisbane and went to Souffs for the money”…. The only thing can be money, he surely can’t expect success.

skeepe

Immortal
How does that go against my "bias agenda". I'm just using common sense. Souths aren't paying his bills, but he's still going to Souths so that obviously wasn't a factor.

Yet you and your ilk were constantly saying yesterday that one of the primary justifications for Inglis going to Souths was that they would pay his legal bills and the Broncos wouldn't.

Can't you keep your story straight for 5 minutes?

CMUX

I laugh so hard at the haters hoping and praying that happens. What exactly does Parra have over us. They are one man team while we have good players across the field. They don't have more money than us. They don't have Mundine, Tallis or Russell Crowe. There is a reason Inglis's people told the Parra CEO not to bother.

That is why people like parra a lot better.

haha

Juniors

And all the jealous people on here would do a bigger backflip and he would magically turn into a superstar again.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If he had any balls he would just say “I reneged on Brisbane and went to Souffs for the money”…. The only thing can be money, he surely can’t expect success.
Except for the problem where Souths aren't offering any more money. As far as I know the deals are roughly equal. If he was after money he would have taken one of the offers from AFL or Union. He obviously thought Souths was the better place to be.

Yet you and your ilk were constantly saying yesterday that one of the primary justifications for Inglis going to Souths was that they would pay his legal bills and the Broncos wouldn't.

Can't you keep your story straight for 5 minutes?
It's not about keeping my story straight. I don't have a "story". I was obviously wrong, as was the media. I know I'm a very smart guy (Iq: 136), and good looking too (that's what my girlfriend says) but even I'm not right 100% of the time (I know, I know, hard to believe isn't it?).

I thought we were paying his bills, I thought that was a big reason why he wanted to join us. Clearly that's wrong. For a while the media was reporting that he didn't want to pay any of the bill, then it was 60k, then 80, now it's the entire bill, and the only issue is with the size of the bill. But him joining Souths has nothing to do with that, which is something I didn't know earlier.
That is why people like parra a lot better.
Lol, no. Mundine is a mate of his. He grew up watching Tallis play. And Crowe is an international celebrity who has Inglis's respect. All 3 of them are assets to have in our corner when talking him into coming here.

mrpwnd

Bench
Bahahahaha, you are an absolute comedian.

franklin2323

Immortal
Big issue with this one.

1. Are we to assume that Souths did not use up a single cent of ANY of the cap increase benefits before now? That's pretty poor management if so. Didn't Isaac Luke just sign a new, improved deal? I'm certain he would have taken up some of it.

2. $300,000 on 3 players leaving? No, only $190,000. If the figures publicly released are to be believed, they are saving $190,000 on Colin Best, $55,000 on Luke Capewell and $55,000 on someone else whose name escapes me. That does add up to $300,000, but is not a saving of $300,000. Just because Inglis may sign, it doesn't mean that Souths suddenly operate with a top 23 under the cap. The two minimum wagers are going to have to be replaced by 2 other minimum wagers, thereby negating the savings.

Sounds like there's some creative accounting going on at Souths.

I agree. I have been saying this all along. Capewell and Lowe were on minimum wage and as such will be replaced by other minimum wage players. NYC graduates: Webster, Reynolds, Morgan, Mundine, Peats, Mansour all too old for NYC so can't be paid through that.

Luke or Burgess you would think would be a Marquee player. Need a bit extra I would say prob a mid range players goes it's fine

some11

Referee
Souths was the better place to be.

guntohead.jpg

winnyason

Juniors
Inglish what a loser, getting his brother to pay his legal fees even when rich they don't change maybe he might head down to centrlink and see if they pay his fees, at least brett stewart paid for his fees without whinging.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Poor old GI has put alot of extra pressure on himself signing with Souths.

When the Bunnies turn around and run the other way as soon as the semi finals are in sight who will they blame next year?

"Injuries" is always a good one I guess.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Inglish what a loser, getting his brother to pay his legal fees even when rich they don't change maybe he might head down to centrlink and see if they pay his fees, at least brett stewart paid for his fees without whinging.
And from what I heard it's made him broke.

boxhead

First Grade

So it took a clever lawyer that got her to say that? When she could have walked away and left him as a rich woman. Any average lawyer could have gotten Inglis off with her story.

:lol:
We have about $700K free in the cap you dipsh*t. We have way more money to spend than you do, if you think otherwise you truly know nothing. The other stuff, well you wouldn't know it being an "Inglis expert" all of a sudden but Inglis and Hayne are close mates :lol: You are a contender for dumbest troll I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.