What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudstrat

Coach
I'm hoping he hangs on a couple of years and comes West to help grow RL! He always seems an expansionist type of guy and we will need his profile and club building ability.
Club building ability? :lol::lol:

What club has that dense prick ever built????????

the1

Juniors
He spoke at a conference at my work about business and man management. He gave great advice on life while he was talking. I have never seen so many people focused on what one man was saying.

Actually he also came to my workplace and gave a talk as well. Very inspiring stuff actually. He was really good to listen to.

Still... I do not think you know what he wants :p

MatthewA

Juniors
ha! I would hate to have him at my club. Absolutely hate it. Great player on his day no doubt, but a back stabber and a Mundine fan-club member. Not the type of player I want any where near my club. Also a huge waste of money.

I mean best of luck to Souths. I'm sure nearly everyone would like to see them successful. But wasting so much money on a person and player like Inglis is a bad move IMO. Could have been much better spent.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
The two time premiership winner was set to join Brisbane until he reneged on his deal in pursuit of a deal with South Sydney.
Despite agreeing to sign with the Broncos to be closer to fiancé Sally Robinson, Inglis is content with the idea of living in Sydney where he will be joined by his wife to be who will move next year.

news to me?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I'm hoping he hangs on a couple of years and comes West to help grow RL! He always seems an expansionist type of guy and we will need his profile and club building ability.

I think you guys should go all out to sign John Cartwright. I think he would be an excellent face for Perth RL that the people of Perth can get behind. Successful, entertaining style of footy and I think that he has an image of being a good family man, one that I think is important for WA RL.

Did he actually sign with Souths? There's been a few spots of rain this week in Sydney, the planes might not have been flying here.

Loudstrat

Coach
He was proven not guilty. Just like Greg Bird and Brett Stewart who have or will resume there playing careers. Whats the issue ?

No he bloody wasn't!

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...iction-over-assault-charge-20100412-s2lg.html
Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis has escaped a conviction and been ordered to complete a diversion order after this morning accepting responsibility for an open-hand push on on-again, off-again partner Sally Robinson.

He has been ordered to attend a behavioural change program and pay $3,000 to a women's health service.
$113k on a QC to get ordered to behavior counseling. What would he have copped if he paid for the standard solicitor down the road?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunnies Man are you suggesting that Stain are an iconic club :lol: :lol:

12 years in the league, what a proud history
Well they've done a pretty good job of eliminating as much of the Steelers as possible out of the joint venture. These days I see them as a semi-relocated St George Dragons.

Bumble

First Grade
The haters in this thread :lol:

Anyone would love him at their club...obviously he wasn't going to be as good for the Storm in 2010 (neither was Smith or Slater) because there was nothing to play for.

He's still an absolute freak on the football field.

hellteam

First Grade
BunniesMan I know you have been wanking for about a week straight now, but Inglis will not play fullback. And if he does, he will play it very poorly. He is simply not fit enough, weighs way too much, and extremely lazy.

He's the best centre in the game, could have been the best fullback about 4 years ago, but not anymore.

Noa

First Grade
Me too.

It's nice to see RL players earning the big cash.

Well done Souths.

True.

Shout it from the mountains, if your good enough you can earn nearly 1million before your own endorsements.

BunniesMan

Immortal
BunniesMan I know you have been wanking for about a week straight now, but Inglis will not play fullback. And if he does, he will play it very poorly. He is simply not fit enough, weighs way too much, and extremely lazy.

He's the best centre in the game, could have been the best fullback about 4 years ago, but not anymore.
I disagree. IMO it's the best thing for him and the team for him to be fullback. As for weight and fitness, neither of those things are set in stone. Both can be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.