What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausguy

Coach
its funny bunnies man, you are missing the negative impact this will have on your club.

some of the souths fans have seen it and have commented about it on this forum.

to get inglis the 3-5 year negative impact this will have on your club is huge.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What have the bookies got you guys at to miss the 8....??

il have 500 on it. and im serious.

on a side note, how funny if inglis does a knee in the trials. all your bunny eggs in one basket much?
Without him we were a top 8 team IMO for 2011, with him we're a top 4 contender.

You're a clown. if the bookies had you as 10th favourite you'd be crying that they had no idea, but now they have you as 2 or 3 they're word is gospel. You're about as consistent as chunder.
Before the Inglis stuff came out, the bookies had us at about 5-8th favourites, I still mentioned them. While they're obviously not 100% perfect, bookies generally know what they're talking about, it doesn't matter if they have my team 1st or last.

its funny bunnies man, you are missing the negative impact this will have on your club.

some of the souths fans have seen it and have commented about it on this forum.

to get inglis the 3-5 year negative impact this will have on your club is huge.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, my opinion is he will have a very good impact on the team. And certainly a net positive impact during his time with us.

the1

Juniors
I'd also like to see Inglis at fullback.

Maybe not straight away... Wesser could start the season at the back and see how he goes. Meanwhile Greg could be trying to lower his weight a bit - for a switch to the back later in the season.

Similar to what Brian Smith did with Carney going from fullback to five eight. Inglis could make the switch to fullback from centre.

MatthewA

Juniors
I'm just wondering... What will happen when Souths play away and they have to fly and it's raining?

BunniesMan

Immortal

Mate honestly, you need to calm down here. It's one player.
Firstly, I'm not the one who sets the betting odds. So I'm not the only person on the planet with that opinion. Secondly, yes he's just one player, but he's one of the games greats. And it's not as if he's coming to play with 12 park footy players. This team had the second best attack in 2010, and that's without him. Also, our best players are some of our youngest who are likely to improve in 2011.

IMO where the bookies have us is fair. Obviously not everyone will agree with my opinion, but that's my opinion.

RedVee

First Grade
Have the Storm released him as yet? I am glad to see players getting the big money, and he is certainly a very good player. A little concerned at his actions though, he is coming across in a Tahu-esque way atm.

Oh, and surprised at the different attitude displayed by the Rabbitohs supporters over this signing as compared to the Gasnier signing 6 months ago. :sarcasm:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Have the Storm released him as yet? I am glad to see players getting the big money, and he is certainly a very good player. A little concerned at his actions though, he is coming across in a Tahu-esque way atm.

Oh, and surprised at the different attitude displayed by the Rabbitohs supporters over this signing as compared to the Gasnier signing 6 months ago. :sarcasm:
I was suspicious at first, but then i learnt it was backended (like Inglis) and the Dragons have lost a couple of good premiership players this offseason, so IMO it's legit. Just like the Inglis deal is.

Ausguy

Coach
I was suspicious at first, but then i learnt it was backended (like Inglis) and the Dragons have lost a couple of good premiership players this offseason, so IMO it's legit. Just like the Inglis deal is.

So you acknowledge that the gasnier signing cost the dragons some good players (negative impact) but you dont believe the inglis signing will have a negative impact?

BunniesMan

Immortal
So you acknowledge that the gasnier signing cost the dragons some good players (negative impact) but you dont believe the inglis signing will have a negative impact?

I didn't say it will have absolutely no negative impact. But overall i think it will be net positive.

to_ddeath

Coach
Bunnies Man are you suggesting that Stain are an iconic club :lol: :lol:

12 years in the league, what a proud history

I've figured it out. It's a pathetic, squealing broken record. Just keeps playing the same crap over & over, picking up more & more mothballs as it goes.... thank f**k it wasn't your mob that signed GI, we'd never hear the end of your stupid ass.

T.

hellteam

First Grade
Can't remember, was it by any chance as good as Parra and favourites for the premiership?

Bunnies Man, you need to read these posts. Do not read into the bookies. The NRL is ridiculously hard to pick. Taking an example of the Broncos, going into the 2006 season I thought we had sh*t all chance to win the premiership, but we did. The next few years, I thought we could win, we didn't.

This year, everyone thought Parra would win, they didnt make the 8. Same as the Dogs. There is teams it happens to every year. You can't be so confident in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.