What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunnies Man, you need to read these posts. Do not read into the bookies. The NRL is ridiculously hard to pick. Taking an example of the Broncos, going into the 2006 season I thought we had sh*t all chance to win the premiership, but we did. The next few years, I thought we could win, we didn't.

This year, everyone thought Parra would win, they didnt make the 8. Same as the Dogs. There is teams it happens to every year. You can't be so confident in this league.
So some people on a forum must know more than bookies?

Is the NRL unpredictable? Yes it is, but people can make a few educated guesses. A fewteams do not have the talent to be a contender, those are the teams I'd put my house on not to make the 8, a few have the talent to be overacheivers and be around in September.

A few teams, on paper at least, have the talent to be serious contenders. IMO one of them is Souths, now could it all crash and burn next year and Souths end up missing the 8 alltogether? Yes that's a possibility, but if the potential that is there is fulfilled, they can and should be a top 4 side with a serious shot at being premiers. And (just in case it wasnt obvious) I am confident Souths will fulfill that potential.

Inglis signing will cost the self proclaimed "champion of the local junior" at least 4 or 5 local juniors, but hey they are Souths and he is Russell and that's ok.

Hypocrites.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Inglis signing will cost the self proclaimed "champion of the local junior" at least 4 or 5 local juniors, but hey they are Souths and he is Russell and that's ok.

Hypocrites.
Minus Wesser and Crocker retiring within 12 months and it's probably closer to 2 juniors, and the odds of those two juniors being the players GI is, are very low.

Penance

Juniors
Why is everyone so sour if he is so sh*t? If he is a sh*t player then who cares if he signs.

If you want to attract star players, whether its under the cap or not, you need private owners. Look at the roosters, Nick Politis is a genius who doesn't take rubbish, and only wants success at all costs. At first i was against this, but now thinking about it, im only gonna live once, i just wanna see a premiership.

Maybe, just maybe, its Souths turned to be hated. Bring on the hate, i love every bit of it.

Meh, good on the Bunnies it's obviously a big signing. I hope they can turn Inglis around as he seems to have lost his way a bit in terms of fitness & playing ability. Real big coup for the Aboriginal community also.

Thanks christ he didn't sign for someone like the Dragons though, who knows what kind of chicken dancing, diving, penalty scounging nuffie he'd turn into

BunniesMan

Immortal
Apparently now it's 3years and 1.8 million.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...is-to-confirm-souths-move-20101111-17pht.html

600k a year is perfectly reasonable when Thurston apparently gets 750k to lead a team to wooden spoon contention.

Academy Award-winning actor Crowe and three-time world boxing champion Anthony Mundine urged Inglis to consider joining Souths when it emerged that he was considering quitting the game after becoming disillusioned with his move to Brisbane, which many viewed as an internal company transfer from one News Ltd club to another.
That sh*ts on peoples theories that we stole him from Brisbane. Apparently he was thinking of leaving Brisbane and the code before we came along. We didn't steal him from Brisbane, for whatever reason they already lost him. We merely kept him in the NRL. And that makes sense of GI's comments the other day when he said Crowe and Souths are the reasons he didn't quit.

Despite Inglis's decision to renege on the Broncos deal, Brisbane and Australian captain Darren Lockyer told the Herald yesterday he had no problems with him joining Souths.

'''GI is a very talented player. He's a mate, and I want what's best for GI. He needs to be happy where he is, where he's playing, and he was obviously not feeling quite comfortable here in Brisbane. If he had signed with us and not felt at home, we wouldn't have got the best footy out of GI. If he's going there and he's happy with the environment he's in, I'm happy for him.
Now that's a class act. What a mature and level headed response from Lockyer. There's a reason he's the only non Souths queensland player I like.

Last edited:

badav

Bench
Maybe, just maybe, its Souths turned to be hated. Bring on the hate, i love every bit of it.

Hate is generally reserved for those who've earned it. Like tall poppies.

Since Souths cannot be any stretch of the imagination be classed as a tall poppy i would say disdain is more accurate when talking about the Rabbitohs.

elyod138

Bench
I hope he trims down in the pre-season and they stick him at fullback.

I think he would have been amongst the greatest fullbacks of all time if he played his career there in the NRL. There's still time left.

badav

Bench
Beautifully done Richo, mucho respect points

Rothfields questions (if some could even be called that) were bumbling and idiotic. But everyone knows from the past Richardson's word means next to nothing. Just ask Jason Taylor.

I mean its not very hard or smart to play the News Limited card. When Inglis was going to the Broncos it was a News Limited conspiracy. Now that hes going to Souths, News Limited is out to get Shane Richardson.

Give me a f**king break. And geniuss who lap up this crap :lol::lol:

maple_69

Bench
Wow, never seen someone post 764 times in one thread! Great effort!

On topic Inglis is a good signing for any club. I'd rate him somewhere around 500k, but I think only your Thurston and Smiths should be on more than that (given the salary cap).

Will be fascinated to see how the guy goes without a cast of illegal players around him also.

Good luck to him and Souths, I wish Penrith had a similar ability to attract star players.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wow, never seen someone post 764 times in one thread! Great effort!

On topic Inglis is a good signing for any club. I'd rate him somewhere around 500k, but I think only your Thurston and Smiths should be on more than that (given the salary cap).

Will be fascinated to see how the guy goes without a cast of illegal players around him also.

Good luck to him and Souths, I wish Penrith had a similar ability to attract star players.
Well if you listen to some of the more stupid people here, apparently Souths will have an illegal team.

Bumble

First Grade
Geez that line is so f*cking worn out is sickening. Gallop shot that down on day one btw.
They were playing for the most expensive salary in the NRL's history
They were playing for rep selection
They were playing for their next contracts
They were playing for the pride of their professionalism
And if that wasn't good enough, you reckon the buzz of playing first grade
NRL wouldn't pump you up?

Money they're going to get regardless.

Yeah, I'd say Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Greg Inglis would've been really worried about not scraping into the QLD or Australian sides :lol:

And they'd certainly be worried about if they would be re-signed/signed by another NRL team :lol:

Professionalism? Cameron Smith even said "we have nothing to play for" to a referee.

Yeah, it would probably pump me up. But then again, I hadn't already won 2 premierships and had them stripped, played in 4 grand finals, played countless games for QLD and Australia already....

They could have been slugging it out in a job that they hate for 40k per annum like the rest of us, just so we can put some tucker on the table each night for our families.

What? Or they could get paid 400k a year just to turn up and not even have to try and win football games - "put some tucker on the table"? Thanks, A Current Affair..

If you REALLY believe that they had nothing to play for, then congratulations for paying a kings ransom for a f*cking sook.

I'm not sure if its that he's a sook or more that his entire team didn't get a f*ck. As had been said, he is very easily influenced by those around him.

Freak as in bearded lady?

"Come and see the 120kg Bowraville Queenslander! Forget the man with three heads, we have the man with three contracts!!!!"

In fairness that last line made me chuckle a little.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Rather see him at Souffs then Brisbane...

Rothfields article was a right laugh, including listing himself as "buzz" and editor at large! What a knob!

Well handled by Richo, I'm sure there are plenty of CEO's who declare they have no money left in the kitty when in-fact they do. No club should have to declare how much they have left in the bank and what their recruitment strategy is to the hacks at the DT.

stormbati

Bench
He'll take alot of pressure off John Sutton. Thats a definate plus. Souths membership numbers will probably go into overdrive if he signs.

Frailty

First Grade
Inglis has succeeded because he played outside of Cronk and Smith. In QLD, he had Lockyer and Thurston.

Inglis has been a beneficiary because of genuine brilliant halves inside of him. Souths do not have that.

For the record, the Storm also made nuffies like Finch, Nielson, Newton, and Norrie look like decent players.

Bumble

First Grade
Inglis has succeeded because he played outside of Cronk and Smith. In QLD, he had Lockyer and Thurston.

Inglis has been a beneficiary because of genuine brilliant halves inside of him. Souths do not have that.

For the record, the Storm also made nuffies like Finch, Nielson, Newton, and Norrie look like decent players.

ffs :lol:

Yeah, he was only good because of his halves. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts