What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Good for the NRL. Nice to see they're finding ways of occupying their time. All third party deals are scrutinised. Souths wouldn't be dumb enough to do something with the third party deals that isn't legit when they know Gallop and Schubert would be all over it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
he has to be under souths cap for the same as he would have been under melbournes or the NRL should be taken to court by the storm.
Because if souths are allowed to fit him in for less or backload then Storm should have been able to redo his contract to keep him.
It's been explained why the Storm couldn't just redo their contracts. Or we really would have Bulldogs 2.0

hellteam

First Grade

BunniesMan

Immortal
You know BunniesMan, someone from this site will be saving all your arrogant posts about Souths so they can bring them up if they struggle in 2011....

But then again, all thats needed is in your signature there..
Fair enough, if I'm wrong I'll deserve it. But if I'm right those saved posts, and my signature, will make me look like a genius.

Brutus

Referee
Rusty would be able to fix Greg up with all sorts of deals all round the world.

Good luck finding them NRL.

More power to Rusty and Souths for keeping Inglis in RL.

Quigs

Immortal
Will Schubert be able to find the right filing cabinet.?

Psssts .... Schuie ..... look in Chocs Garden Shed, right next to the Victa.

Cheers
Quigs

BunniesMan

Immortal
Will Schuie be able to find the right filing cabinet.

Psssts look in Chocs Garden Shed, right next to the Victa.

Cheers
Quigs
Schubert is as incompetent as Gallop. Neither of them would ever have found out about the Storm scandal without the help of an insider.

It's been explained why the Storm couldn't just redo their contracts. Or we really would have Bulldogs 2.0
Doesn't make it right for other teams to have him under the cap for less than they would had too.
I think the salary cap is a shambles but it can't just be what ever suits the NRL to keep a player in the game unless they are going to do it for everyclub.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Doesn't make it right for other teams to have him under the cap for less than they would had too.
I think the salary cap is a shambles but it can't just be what ever suits the NRL to keep a player in the game unless they are going to do it for everyclub.
I get where your coming from but if they could just redo their contracts and keep all the major pieces everybody would do it. It would go like this:
<put together an illegal team>
<get caught,cop your punishment>
<change the contracts to fit the illegal team under the legal cap>
<enjoy more years of success>

But I agree, the cap is ridiculous. IMO third party payments should be unlimited and you should be able to pay your current players as much as you want to retain them. You should only have to be under the cap to take players from other teams.

Ashman

Juniors
Has the Storm actually released Inglis yet?

If not he really only has a contract with the Storm still- until he pays his legal fees and is granted a release.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm not an expert or anything, but that's kinda a gay thing to do.
First of all, I think its fantastic that you recognise that you're one of the forum's biggest knobs without your name being mentioned. Secondly, I didn't mention what sex the plaything was - you assumed it was male.
You outed yourself by expressing your own assumptions, and some possibly deep set sexual inclinations. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyway I don't care a hoot about your sexual direction - my comments and contempt for you stem from your delusion and ridiculous ability to alter facts to suit your argument as well as the way you speak in absolutes and as if your part of souths inner sanctum. Even though you're clearly a sad outsider looking in.

applesauce

Bench
"If, for example, a player is offered $150,000 for a couple of appearances, we'd be asking questions about it. But if a player does genuine work at a fair market value than we're not looking to be difficult."

In fairness, how can the NRL determine 'market value' for appearances?

Supply v demand, if someone wants Inglis that bad to make and appearance why can't he be paid $150k? I know it looks sus if he were to get that much for an appearance, but Tiger Woods gets $3mill to play a 4day golf tournament form the Government just in appearance fees. If the desire is there it is 'market value'.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Has the Storm actually released Inglis yet?

If not he really only has a contract with the Storm still- until he pays his legal fees and is granted a release.
The legal bills are completely separate to the contracts. The reality is the Storm can't keep him for 2011, releasing him is a formality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts