What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysseus

Bench
The difference between Brisbane and us is that the Broncos lost Folau and the big salary they were paying him. Which big money player did we let go? I have to assume we spent our entire salary cap last season. So who have we lost from last season. Crossman, Lowe, Stapleton and Capewell are four players that come quickly to mind. But you would have to think Folaus contract last season with the Broncos would be worth much more then those four put together.

I don't know if we have the salary cap space available to sign Inglis. But if we do I have to ask why at this stage of the off season we do have it. Inglis has to be the last big name player still available. If we don't get him then who do we spend the money on?

I don't think those 4 free up that much coin dude, particularly Stapleton who was working in a f**king mine and basically came out of retirement for about 6 or so games.

nz eagle

Juniors
If brisbane could fit him into the cap with Thaiday, Lockyer, Hodges and Hannant already in there team why are people thinking that souths can not with there team?

rnb11

Juniors
Out of all the players you named only two fit into Inglis's category. ie. still with plenty of years ahead of them. Asotasi & Taylor.

Asotasi has been ordinary for a couple of years , Taylor on the other hand just had his best year ever.

Never said they were in Inglis' category, I'm just making the point of nearly every top player the Rabbitohs have signed over the last 5 years go downhill quick smart and if you think Taylor has showed his potential more at Souths than at Brisbane I'm worried. Next year will tell alot, will Taylor & Burgess continue tradition of failing after 2 years at the club? For their sake I hope not but alot of once very good players are now nobodies after playing for them and it really is something the coaching staff has to look at.

BranVan3000

Coach
If brisbane could fit him into the cap with Thaiday, Lockyer, Hodges and Hannant already in there team why are people thinking that souths can not with there team?
Because Hannant was free and GI was going to get the same money that the traitor was on derp derp :crazy:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
f**k off should be praised... it is legal rorting. Gallop the farktard bent over for the rich clubs as usual, and has opened a pandoras box that should never have been opened.

Success should be based on having the best administration, the best coaching, developing the best players and putting together the best squad - not who has the best sugar daddy.

Solidarity comrade!!! Down with the capitalist pigs!!! If we must suffer, so must everyone else!!!

Of course it should be praised. I don't imagine you would be knocking back marquee players if Tinkler were pulling the strings in Newcastle.

BranVan3000

Coach
Never said they were in Inglis' category, I'm just making the point of nearly every top player the Rabbitohs have signed over the last 5 years go downhill quick smart and if you think Taylor has showed his potential more at Souths than at Brisbane I'm worried. Next year will tell alot, will Taylor & Burgess continue tradition of failing after 2 years at the club? For their sake I hope not but alot of once very good players are now nobodies after playing for them and it really is something the coaching staff has to look at.
You mean the new coaching staff that had nothing to do with the players you mentioned?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
So what about an Ashley Harrison, who went on to make his Origin debut from Souths? Or of Bryan Fletcher, who represented Australia from Souths? Or Issac Luke, who was a nobody that followed Mark Hughes to Souths just looking for a chance and is now one of the better players in the game? Or Ben Lowe, Queensland Cup player when he joined Souths only to be the 18th man at state level this year? Or Taylor? Or Burgess? Those blokes are just of the top off my head.

The career destroying thing is a myth. In the past we bought blokes that were past their best because it was all we could get.

hellteam

First Grade
I don't think Souths are cheats or anything, but....

Why did they just have a spare 600k in the salary cap? It's strange

Liddell

Juniors
Bahahahahahahahaha

No money to resign fringe first graders like Luke Capwell but can now find 400k under the cap.

f**king cheats.

Souths offered Capewell a contract in June, he turned it down and wanted to test himself.

But dont let the truth get in the way.

TheDalek079

Bench
So what about an Ashley Harrison, who went on to make his Origin debut from Souths? Or of Bryan Fletcher, who represented Australia from Souths? Or Issac Luke, who was a nobody that followed Mark Hughes to Souths just looking for a chance and is now one of the better players in the game? Or Ben Lowe, Queensland Cup player when he joined Souths only to be the 18th man at state level this year? Or Taylor? Or Burgess? Those blokes are just of the top off my head.

The career destroying thing is a myth. In the past we bought blokes that were past their best because it was all we could get.

One Australian international since readmission, and he was a player you poached. congrats!!

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't think Souths are cheats or anything, but....

Why did they just have a spare 600k in the salary cap? It's strange

Well the salary cap is getting raised by several hundred thousand next season and we haven't made a buy in the last year, so we probably haven't used up any of that. Plus resigning a couple of guys for less than they were on previously. And we're not 600k under the cap I don't think, part of his payment will be from third parties. Plus the marquee player payment.

_Johnsy

Referee
I did laugh when I saw an article "He'll win us the comp" FMD these morons never learn do they.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I did laugh when I saw an article "He'll win us the comp" FMD these morons never learn do they.

I understand why you feel threatened. In 2011 we're going to take the minor premiership and the premiership away from you, and then we're going to take your coach away from you. But stubbornly living in delusionville won't change the facts. Souths are the team to beat and big things are on the horizon for us.

_Johnsy

Referee
How did you & the self proclaimed best forward pack in the comp go when you had to win & play a side that rested 5 of its starting 17, to make the semis?

Yeah, real threatened.

Souths, keeping delusions of granduer alive in the rugby league since 1971.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How did you & the self proclaimed best forward pack in the comp go when you had to win & play a side that rested 5 of its starting 17, to make the semis?

Yeah, real threatened.

Souths, keeping delusions of granduer alive in the rugby league since 1971.

How often are two years the same? Look how much turnover there was from 2009 to 2010 in terms of who was and wasnt a contender. The odds of 2011 being just like 2010 are very low. So i suggest you stop living in the past and presuming next year will be anything like this year.

rnb11

Juniors

You're not understanding this are you? I'm talking about when Souths sign big name players from other clubs, they go down hill so since Isaac Luke was never a big name player at another club, no need to mention him. I also mentioned it takes 2 years to destroy careers, this is only Taylor's and Burgess' first year so once again, no need for a mention. Ashley Harrison wasnt even a big name at the Broncos and anyway it wasn't until he left Souths that his potential was found. And I'm glad you mention Bryan Fletcher, once again a big name at the Roosters, goes to Souths and only plays one more year of representative before his career goes down the toilet. This isn't a myth, these are facts

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
I know 2010 will not mirror 2011. Just a simple observation that souths players should have learned not to talk themselves up. We all saw how that went in 2010. It's a simple concept keep your mouth closed and let your football do the talking.

Funnily enough you obviously would take exception to anyone basing what might happen in 2011, based on what occured last year (on form displayed). Yet you expect people to take bold biased predictions on the future seriously.

You do need help.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
I understand why you feel threatened. In 2011 we're going to take the minor premiership and the premiership away from you, and then we're going to take your coach away from you. But stubbornly living in delusionville won't change the facts. Souths are the team to beat and big things are on the horizon for us.

:lol: I don't believe you cellar dwelling tards never learn... SURELY after 500 years of failure or however long it's been, you've learned not to talk yourself up so much before the trials have even started. I'm sure it's only a matter of days until some nuffy like Sandow claims that Souffs now have the best forward pack AND backline in the comp so other teams may as well forfeit.

Enjoy your annual round 1 thrashing :lol:

Ulysseus

Bench

Wow.
You are literally one of the biggest Grade A f**kwits on here, keep it up and you might be able to challenge Raiders_Premiers for the title.
Up your hatred a little bit more and make a few more outlandish predictions and you should almost get there, after that it is all a matter of consistency.

Seriously, suggesting Souths are the team to beat after that performance last year is laughable.
Canberra, Wests, Roosters are the sides who look more likely - even a rejuvenated Canterbury would be a better shot then Souths.
Behind the Armani suits and the millionaire owner, you can find the reason Souths could not win that last game of the regular season to begrudgingly qualify for the finals for the second time since the f**king 1980's.
They did not want it bad enough.
No amount of money can change that, if the club has a sh*t culture then aside from systematically rorting the cap and preaching some sh*t about playing for each other you wont ever be a shot.

Best of luck to them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.