What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

some11

Referee
I understand why you feel threatened. In 2011 we're going to take the minor premiership and the premiership away from you, and then we're going to take your coach away from you. But stubbornly living in delusionville won't change the facts. Souths are the team to beat and big things are on the horizon for us.

Jesus titty f**king christ.

The irony is so thick you could choke on it :crazy:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wow.
You are literally one of the biggest Grade A f**kwits on here, keep it up and you might be able to challenge Raiders_Premiers for the title.
Up your hatred a little bit more and make a few more outlandish predictions and you should almost get there, after that it is all a matter of consistency.

Seriously, suggesting Souths are the team to beat after that performance last year is laughable.
Canberra, Wests, Roosters are the sides who look more likely - even a rejuvenated Canterbury would be a better shot then Souths.
Behind the Armani suits and the millionaire owner, you can find the reason Souths could not win that last game of the regular season to begrudgingly qualify for the finals for the second time since the f**king 1980's.
They did not want it bad enough.
No amount of money can change that, if the club has a sh*t culture then aside from systematically rorting the cap and preaching some sh*t about playing for each other you wont ever be a shot.

Best of luck to them though.

How much you wanna bet Canberra doesn't make the 8. I'd put $1000 on it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
As for all the anti Souths opinions. Just wait till 2011, they'll make me look like a genius. Remember, I believe I was the first guy on here to mention Inglis to Souths. I'm not just a pretty face. And I'm right when I say Souths will be premiers. In fact I'll edit my sig so I'll have proof I'm a genius.

Souths - 2011 premiers
GI - 2011 Clive Churchill medallist

So what about an Ashley Harrison, who went on to make his Origin debut from Souths? Or of Bryan Fletcher, who represented Australia from Souths? Or Issac Luke, who was a nobody that followed Mark Hughes to Souths just looking for a chance and is now one of the better players in the game? Or Ben Lowe, Queensland Cup player when he joined Souths only to be the 18th man at state level this year? Or Taylor? Or Burgess? Those blokes are just of the top off my head.

The career destroying thing is a myth. In the past we bought blokes that were past their best because it was all we could get.

Lol Bryan Fletcher was already a f**king Australian and NSW representative when Souths signed him ditto Sam Burgess with England and Great Britain.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lol Bryan Fletcher was already a f**king Australian and NSW representative when Souths signed him ditto Sam Burgess with England and Great Britain.
What about Luke, we made him great. And Dave Taylor made his origin debut with us.

People only remember how Souths was years ago and the stereotype is stuck in their head. Face it, it isn't 2005 anymore, we breed greatness in the red and green now.

Taylor's call up had nothing to do with his Souffs form and everything to do with his Brisbane form the same way Fletcher played representative football for his first year at Souffs off the back of the previous with the Roosters and never again after that.

slammingsam

Juniors
Bunniesman - for someone who supports a club that has had no success what so ever in 40 years and none really since PHAC and Rusty took over..you speak alot of sh*t. Greatness ? Please. I am a Souths supporter. You can come and meet me in bay 131 at the games if you want. We have a culture of being competitive is good enough and just being in the comp is an achievement. No matter who we sign or what players we have in our roster..it is irelevant until we clear that mentality. Comps arent always won on talent. It is all about spirit. Lang is also a problem.. I think we will be lucky to make the 8 in 2011.

You are only setting yourself up for failure by continually bloating on this thread about Souths and whatever else your saying about them. It is actually quite embarrasing to read and i do feel sorry for you and every other fan on this page who has to read it. I am not sure if your trying to bait anyone or you are being deadset..

Still - Inglis hasnt signed. If he does...he has alot of issues to over come. He is one of my favourite players but in recent times he has come across as a bloke with alot of distractions and not alot of passion for his footy at the moment. Souths is a club that isnt going to help that much. We will certainly get him all over the media and mags in the off season though because we win that comp every year.

If Souths are firmly in the 8 before the season rounds out - then you can crack open a beer and be happy that we have finally achieved something.

Till then..we are a club run who has struggled in recent times and although performing well off the field..is going busted on it. Regardless of injuries and suspensions this year..we fielded a very competitive NRL squad for the most part and one that should of figured in Septemember to some extent.

Cheers

Dragon

Coach
Signing for Souffs is a bad career move, has there been any player that ups his value by playing for the pride of redfern?

Inglis will be worth max 200k after a couple of years there

BunniesMan

Immortal
We have a culture of being competitive is good enough and just being in the comp is an achievement. No matter who we sign or what players we have in our roster..it is irelevant until we clear that mentality. Comps arent always won on talent. It is all about spirit. Lang is also a problem.. I think we will be lucky to make the 8 in 2011.
So are you one of those people that when Russell got on board you expected overnight success, and if it didn't come you became a pessmistic fan? I never expected us to be contenders over night. It was always a 5 year job at least, and guess what, 2011 is 5 years. We came 9th this year in the face of a mountain of injuries.

In 2011 we've added one of the games best players. Luke, Burgess, Taylor all are very young and should be rapidly improving. And if we only have our fair share of injuries, safely in the top 8 should only be considered par. With the talent we have top 4 has to be the goal. Look how far the roosters went in a year, we don't have half as far to climb as they did.

I'm sick of everyone being pessimistic. All the signs point to a very very good year and it's going to piss me off when in August next year the media, fans (ours and opposing fans) and everyone else all react like "wtf, where'd they come from". The writing is on the wall for the best year since '89. The doubters will see I'm right. Next year. Until then, all of us (on both sides of this debate) are doing little more than blowing hot air.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
You're not understanding this are you? I'm talking about when Souths sign big name players from other clubs, they go down hill so since Isaac Luke was never a big name player at another club, no need to mention him. I also mentioned it takes 2 years to destroy careers, this is only Taylor's and Burgess' first year so once again, no need for a mention. Ashley Harrison wasnt even a big name at the Broncos and anyway it wasn't until he left Souths that his potential was found. And I'm glad you mention Bryan Fletcher, once again a big name at the Roosters, goes to Souths and only plays one more year of representative before his career goes down the toilet. This isn't a myth, these are facts

Bryan Fletcher was 29 years old when we signed him. Not to mention the fact that he was coming off the bench for Sydney in 2002 and hadn't played representative football for 24 months by the time he arrived at Souths. He played great football for us for 3 years in what was truly a horrid time to be at the club. He is not a good example nor even close.

But it is a myth. You have presented no facts. But since this is apparently so clear, and I am missing the obvious, you should have no trouble in providing the 'big name' players whose careers we have ruined. By big name I assume you to mean current NSW, Queensland, New Zealand or Australian representative. So go ahead, name me the 'big name' players whose careers we have ruined over the last 9 seasons.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench

f**king semi-literate children on this site. If you don't comprehend the conversation, don't join it. f**king imbecile.

For the record, apparently 'big name' players come to Souths and never play rep football again. I never once said Fletcher had not represented before coming to Souths.

f**king semi-literate children on this site. If you don't comprehend the conversation, don't join it. f**king imbecile.

For the record, apparently 'big name' players come to Souths and never play rep football again. I never once said Fletcher had not represented before coming to Souths.

No... big name players go to Souths play rep football for a little while longer and then fizzle out until they can't even be classified as first grade players. Like David Kidwell, Nigel Vagana and now Roy Asotasi.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Latest GI news:
Greg Inglis appears certain to be a South Sydney Rabbitoh within days after NRL rivals Parramatta were told not to waste their time trying to pursue the renegade star.
They were after Thurston, so it makes sense that they had the cash. (makes the argument that "no clubs have salary cap space this late in the year" look stupid)
"I spoke to his team yesterday and got the impression a deal was already done with him going to Souths," Eels chief executive Paul Osborne told AAP."We were virtually told not to waste our time
Cullen could not hide the disappointment of missing out on a player he described as "the best in the world".
And maybe this dismisses the argument from some idiots that the Broncos are happy or even lucky to miss out on Inglis.
link

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great news that another WA squillionaire is getting behind RL. We just need to convince them to put their money into the WA Reds and not South Sydney now!

smacky

Juniors
What id like to know is if they do sign Inglis then what will happen to Lukes contract negotiations. If it ment losing luke i dont see it as a step in the right direction.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What id like to know is if they do sign Inglis then what will happen to Lukes contract negotiations. If it ment losing luke i dont see it as a step in the right direction.

Luke's contract has already been signed. It hasn't been announced but he let slip recently. The fact that it's 5 years means we probably got him relatively cheaply in terms of salary per year.

NGR

Juniors
Souths wont get rid of luke.

They will probably back end inglis and wait for wesser and crockers contracts to expire...

rnb11

Juniors
Bryan Fletcher was 29 years old when we signed him. Not to mention the fact that he was coming off the bench for Sydney in 2002 and hadn't played representative football for 24 months by the time he arrived at Souths. He played great football for us for 3 years in what was truly a horrid time to be at the club. He is not a good example nor even close.

But it is a myth. You have presented no facts. But since this is apparently so clear, and I am missing the obvious, you should have no trouble in providing the 'big name' players whose careers we have ruined. By big name I assume you to mean current NSW, Queensland, New Zealand or Australian representative. So go ahead, name me the 'big name' players whose careers we have ruined over the last 9 seasons.

Wow, all this time you havent been paying attention? Everyone I have already named was extremely good players before going to the Souths. I find it hilarious you guys poach players when they're either at their prime or just starting to peak and they NEVER deliver the goods over a 2 year period and may I add pay thousands of dollars worth of overs just so their name looks good in the team list.

Dragon summed it up perfectly by saying "Signing for Souffs is a bad career move, has there been any player that ups his value by playing for the pride of redfern?" And its 100% true, every player that goes there from another club never improves or even stays consistent, these are the facts that are so clear to everyone else but your red & green glasses are obviously preventing you from seeing them. Good on you for being a passionate fan but jeez, wake up and stop being so ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.