What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you was a player wanting to add value to your worth you would be spending a year or two at Melbourne. They always seem to get better and command more $'s. Have to agree I can;t think of many players that have gone from Souths to another club for more?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Wow, all this time you havent been paying attention? Everyone I have already named was extremely good players before going to the Souths. I find it hilarious you guys poach players when they're either at their prime or just starting to peak and they NEVER deliver the goods over a 2 year period and may I add pay thousands of dollars worth of overs just so their name looks good in the team list.

Dragon summed it up perfectly by saying "Signing for Souffs is a bad career move, has there been any player that ups his value by playing for the pride of redfern?" And its 100% true, every player that goes there from another club never improves or even stays consistent, these are the facts that are so clear to everyone else but your red & green glasses are obviously preventing you from seeing them. Good on you for being a passionate fan but jeez, wake up and stop being so ignorant.

So in other words you can not provide me with the plethora of 'big name' players whose careers have been ruined. You can't provide me with even one. Also, in other words, you are full of nonsensical rhetoric, or in language that a simpleton like yourself can understand, complete and utter bullsh*t. Thanks for wasting my time.

chefman21

Juniors
I think we've got it all wrong about Souths and players... It's clear to me they are in no way over the salary cap. Not even close. The players they have signed have been astute signings, clearly well thought out and in no way have been questionable (seriously).

Do you know why? As players go to Souths, other players there sign new deals. Let's look at Asotasi for example. He signed for what? 450k a year? Then he goes about signing a new deal and he isn't half the player he once was. Not even a quarter. He signs for about 150k a year based on past reputations. Nigel Vagana? Same thing again. Signs for much less than what he originally signed for. So them signing Inglis? No problems. He'll be worth 50k a year within 2 years. In 3 years time, a club looking for a cheap centre with potential will be circling Inglis.

RWB

Bench
They will shed players it'll just happen later rather than sooner. Back ended contracts are unsustainable, there's no two ways about it. If I was a recruitment manager I'd be noting this down and approaching any junior at Souths who I thought was worth it because there's no way they'll be able to compete with the dollars if a signing like this comes off.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Luke's contract has already been signed. It hasn't been announced but he let slip recently. The fact that it's 5 years means we probably got him relatively cheaply in terms of salary per year.
You type such absolutes as if you're part of the russelltoes inner sanction. You might fantasise about being one of the new zealand actor's rub down boys but in reality you're just a sad regurgitator of conjecture and internet rumour coloured with a large portion of your special brand of deluded bullsh*t.
The way you've been jacking off over your new BFF GI is an embarrassment.
And if you were a real rabbitohs fan you would know their colours are cardinal and myrtle not red and green. Tryhard twat.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You type such absolutes as if you're part of the russelltoes inner sanction. You might fantasise about being one of the new zealand actor's rub down boys but in reality you're just a sad regurgitator of conjecture and internet rumour coloured with a large portion of your special brand of deluded bullsh*t.
The way you've been jacking off over your new BFF GI is an embarrassment.
And if you were a real rabbitohs fan you would know their colours are cardinal and myrtle not red and green. Tryhard twat.

I know it's cardinal and myrtle moron, red and green is quicker to type and some people might not understand what cardinal and myrtle mean. And I type absolutes when they are absolute. Luke said it at an awards night recently.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I know it's cardinal and myrtle moron, red and green is quicker to type and some people might not understand what cardinal and myrtle mean. And I type absolutes when they are absolute. Luke said it at an awards night recently.
No doubt you were there as you are an intergral part of their team. Some people mightn't know what cardinal and myrtle is? Of course not, you're the only one with the intellect around here to know that. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:. Notice this << that indicates sarcasm, I know you've had trouble picking that up in the past.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No doubt you were there as you are an intergral part of their team. Some people mightn't know what cardinal and myrtle is? Of course not, you're the only one with the intellect around here to know that. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:. Notice this << that indicates sarcasm, I know you've had trouble picking that up in the past.
:iwstupid:

Mr Spock!

Referee
As a Souths fan I won't be celebrating GI until he plays a year and we make the finals. He hasn't even signed yet. I still have bad memories of other non-signings and disappointments such as Luke Lewis, Terry Hill, Chris Walker, Adam Moir and a heap of others as well as Souths being rumoured to be interested in most of the NRL.

As for the rest of the discussion.

Can Souths fit him under the cap? Stuffed if anyone here knows. Broncos could apparently and nobody gives a stuff about the role of the Thoroughbreds. How would this deal be any different. So Crowe and Richardson said they had reached their salary cap limit. Maybe they were lying. I know that's rare of league CEOs.

As for being a bad career move for GI. It has taken a decade for Souths to get remotely competitive since readmission. Souths had to hastily assemble a team in months and had to make do with other club's discards. Compare this with the Gold Coast Titans who had several years to target players and coaching staff. Souths started with an uncompetitive team and as such commenced a cycle of defeat and failure (2002 - W5, L19, F385 A817). This with ridiculous coaching and management decisions ánd poor finance ensured that Souths found it difficult to attract talent. Those that did come here came to retire. Souths are getting on track; Harrison, Cusack, Fletcher, Luke, Burgess, Merritt have been good buys for the club and for the first time since Ron Willey (1985!!!) we have an experienced first grade coach. It'll only be a bad career move if Inglis doesn't put in.

The Souths teams of the 80s and 90s werent the best but they played with heart and passion. Whatever happens, I just hope my team starts playing with heart and brains which I think has been lacking.

cleary89

Coach
Same with Hayne and Inglis. At his best Hayne is the best player on the planet, but IMO he only plays better than Inglis 1 game in 5.

Lol at everyone in here saying how good Inglis is. Hes a fat lazy merkin, who is only going to souths because they will pay him more. What motivation does he have to play well for them?

Hasn't had a decent game in seasons, but go and pay 500k for a centre. Almost as bad as Brisbane paying 400k for a winger.

Bunnies man, you're going to cop so much sh*t when souths don't make the 8 again next season, extending it to once in 22 seasons.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lol at everyone in here saying how good Inglis is. Hes a fat lazy merkin, who is only going to souths because they will pay him more. What motivation does he have to play well for them?

Hasn't had a decent game in seasons, but go and pay 500k for a centre. Almost as bad as Brisbane paying 400k for a winger.

Bunnies man, you're going to cop so much sh*t when souths don't make the 8 again next season, extending it to once in 22 seasons.

Fair enough, live by the sword die by the sword. And if we do well (and we will) ill be the one giving sh*t.

As for paying 500k for a centre, I have a feeling we'll play him at fullback. He's had success there in the past and we need a fullback more than we need a centre.

cleary89

Coach
Too lazy to play fullback.

He last played fullback in 06 I think. He can't run 200m a game anymore. Didn't you see him give up after 60 in the gatorade challenge?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Too lazy to play fullback.

He last played fullback in 06 I think. He can't run 200m a game anymore. Didn't you see him give up after 60 in the gatorade challenge?
2010 was a strange year for obvious reasons. In 2011 in new surroundings with actual competition points to play for, I'm confident he'll be at his peak again.

Loudstrat

Coach
If you was a player wanting to add value to your worth you would be spending a year or two at Melbourne. They always seem to get better and command more $'s. Have to agree I can;t think of many players that have gone from Souths to another club for more?
They always lose money going by the massive overs they were paying everyone. I wonder how Crokers wallet felt when he signed his first paist Melbourne contract

2010 was a strange year for obvious reasons. In 2011 in new surroundings with actual competition points to play for, I'm confident he'll be at his peak again.
:lol::lol: at you for bringing up the most ridiculous pissant argument ever! It ignores things like playing for your next contract, playing for rep selection, playing for your pride. If the thrill of winning two points outweighs all of that, then how come for thirty f*cking years it has never motivated anyone at Souths??????

Inglis at his peak is living of Thurston and eating 4 cream buns for breakfast.

simostorm

Bench
ppl arnt happy when GI goes to the Bronc's.. there not happy when he goes to Souths.. they wouldnt be happy if he left and played a different code.. there is no pleasing some ppl.. haha..

all the best to both Souths and GI.. Rabbits fans should feel optimistic about 2011 and rightly so.

boxhead

First Grade
Agree simostorm. I'm happy for him to go to Souths :) It will be awesome to see him in the green and red.
Only thing I'm not happy about is Souths fans being particularly arrogant at the moment.

macavity

Referee
He should come home to the Knights.

We will put a Henny Penny stand at each end of the ground - every time he scores a try, he gets a chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.