What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkungl

Immortal
Haven't the bunnies been f&&&ed enough already? So now we lose one of the best current players and it's a good thing? The NRL are a joke. Gallop needs to quit right now for our game to move forward. The official stepdown David gallop campaign starts now!!

Souffs have never been f**ked enough.

It's probably News Ltd drivel, but still lol@souffs

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
So you tried to cheat essentially?

Call it what you like. But when the most heavily scrutinized contract in the history of the sport is registered with the NRL and Greg is playing in cardinal and myrtle what synonym will you then use to describe the deal?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Like how the Dragons cheated in acquiring Mark Gasnier and paying him nothing? Of course not.

completely different...

the dragons worked out their sums and put the contract in front of the nrl to get full approval before putting pen to paper & having gasnier back at the club..

the bunnies have paraded inglis around in club colours, provided different $$ amounts in the press here and overseas, and have not yet lodged the contract with the nrl, despite saying he's signed...

massive difference...

who really gives a crap, he was a good player at the storm with great players around him, he will be a myth at souffs, mundane in his ear, maccas on every corner and next to no service from rnold Jackson at halfback, within 2 years he will be a poormans version of Artie Beetson without the talent.

jc155776

Coach
No I want players to be paid their worth like I'd want a carpenter or marketing exec to be paid their worth. The NRL are restricting trade and this bullsh*t wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else in the world. Even in 3rd world countries where football rules, players are paid their worth.

This is NEWS LTD f***ing up the game at it's finest. They never wanted him to go to a non-news ltd owned team because his profile commands a lot of attention and therefore he can be used as one of the games greatest marketing tools.

Any Broncos fan laughing it up is a w***ker. We already lost K and IZZY from our QLD team and now you'd like to lose GI as well? I'm sorry but Boyd, Slater, Tonga cannot do the things those 3 could. They were essential to our team. It took almost a generation to find a player of Mal's quality in G.I. and now we're gonna lose him? Not only for QLD but the NRL?

How short minded are Soufs fans.

Until the buyout you guys were on struggle street and the salary cap was helping keeping your club alive.

Now things have changed its all of a sudden evil.

LOL @ Soufs!!!

Juju

Juniors
This is just karma for the way souths fans act online. You lot caused this and big:D:D:D to you lot

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol similar to how they paraded Luke Lewis around and 2000 membership packages

f**k souffs are a joke, pride of the league more like the laughing stock of the league!!!

Meh I still hope the nrl clear it all, will be funny to see him be a massive failure for them

Dragon Dave

Bench
I wonder how many Souths 'fans' will be asking for membership refunds if GI is unable to play for them.

What a mess they are.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i want to stop reading this thread and get back to work...

but...

it's very much like a car crash.... it's terrible so you want to look away...

but you just can't...

1254478567_intersection_car_crash.gif

gronkathon

First Grade
118kg. :lol: only going to balloon more after a hip op.

He will be heavier than Dave Taylor by the start of the season

chefman21

Juniors
Turns out Inglis didn't have a boarding pass to enter the New Transit Lounge. Maybe it's because it was raining and the planes weren't flying.

And i quote Phonethrower Crowe

" we do not play chequebook football "

But they are the peoples club

99% of Redfern are crims and con artists

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
rorting, soulless, scummy club trying to buy a premiership

No need for any Roosters self loathing Number 2. You guys had a great year with a stack of rejects and promising youngsters.:lol:

Nah. I'm with you here pal. This is hilarious. I can imagine GI eating away his blues with a fast food crawl up and down Botany Road today. He'll have to go easy though. He's 113k in the hole to Melbourne and doesn't have a job next year! Maccas, Subway & Hungry jacks are reasonably priced as a one off, but when you consume like GI obviously has been, then that bill is going to add up real quick.

Last edited:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
completely different...

the dragons worked out their sums and put the contract in front of the nrl to get full approval before putting pen to paper & having gasnier back at the club..

the bunnies have paraded inglis around in club colours, provided different $$ amounts in the press here and overseas, and have not yet lodged the contract with the nrl, despite saying he's signed...

massive difference...

I agree, the situations are different. We can't put the contract forward to the NRL until Greg gets a release from the Storm. What is interesting is that News reported that the deal was for $1.8 million before Crowe appeared on Jay Leno.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/souths-inglis-bonanza/story-e6frexnr-1225952945259

Yet, Crowe serves only to confirm what News claimed to have already known and now there is a problem? Are we supposed to be stupid? Most of you around here are, clearly. But this isn't the first time that News have contradicted themselves in the interests of selling newspapers. They do it all the time and this would not be the first time they have been caught lying.

Notice that the article that I have posted a link to is dated the 13th. Hando appeared on Jay Leno on the 16th. And, to top it off, the CEO of the NRL has said this morning that they have not even seen the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts