What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefman21

Juniors
I reckon we have dodged a bullet (and sold a few memberships).

Shoulder ops, Hip operations and partying it up in Sydney...as well as being a fat f**ker. None are good signs. Hip injuries when carrying too much weight are a nightmare as they make the weight even harder to shift and it becomes a vicous circle.

Best thing is he goes to union I reckon. He will be an embarrassment wherever he goes in league the way he is headed.

Agree totally. Look - a smart Souths fan:thumn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Haven't the bunnies been f&&&ed enough already? So now we lose one of the best current players and it's a good thing? The NRL are a joke. Gallop needs to quit right now for our game to move forward. The official stepdown David gallop campaign starts now!!
GI to the bears in 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gallop has to go because the russeltohs and GI f**ked up? Gallop has his problems but this situation is not his doing.

Oh, and for all those concerned with bunniesman here's an update on how he and GI are coping with the news:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA

Last edited:
so you want to sanction an illegal signing?

No I want players to be paid their worth like I'd want a carpenter or marketing exec to be paid their worth. The NRL are restricting trade and this bullsh*t wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else in the world. Even in 3rd world countries where football rules, players are paid their worth.

This is NEWS LTD f***ing up the game at it's finest. They never wanted him to go to a non-news ltd owned team because his profile commands a lot of attention and therefore he can be used as one of the games greatest marketing tools.

Any Broncos fan laughing it up is a w***ker. We already lost K and IZZY from our QLD team and now you'd like to lose GI as well? I'm sorry but Boyd, Slater, Tonga cannot do the things those 3 could. They were essential to our team. It took almost a generation to find a player of Mal's quality in G.I. and now we're gonna lose him? Not only for QLD but the NRL?

NGR

Juniors
both gallop and richardson have denied that the contract has been submitted. Yet schubert, without having seen the official contract has come out and said it will be rejected? Is this right?

If this is the case, i would expect round two of souths vs news ltd/nrl to play out in the courts...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
red & black bear... if every club can't afford inglis, is his asking price simply too high?

chefman21

Juniors
No I want players to be paid their worth like I'd want a carpenter or marketing exec to be paid their worth. The NRL are restricting trade and this bullsh*t wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else in the world. Even in 3rd world countries where football rules, players are paid their worth.

This is NEWS LTD f***ing up the game at it's finest. They never wanted him to go to a non-news ltd owned team because his profile commands a lot of attention and therefore he can be used as one of the games greatest marketing tools.

Any Broncos fan laughing it up is a w***ker. We already lost K and IZZY from our QLD team and now you'd like to lose GI as well? I'm sorry but Boyd, Slater, Tonga cannot do the things those 3 could. They were essential to our team. It took almost a generation to find a player of Mal's quality in G.I. and now we're gonna lose him? Not only for QLD but the NRL?

The game is broke. Where is the money going to come from? People seem so against third party deals so what are you going to pay them with? Hopes and dreams?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Regardless of where this ends up, it was a dumb move for Crowe to go trumpeting that they signed Inglis for 1.8 and then try to register him as 190k. If they can do it legally then fine, but it isn't a good look.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
So it turns out that those third party payments that would have turned $190 000 a year to $1.8 million over 3 would be ruled as being part of the salary cap. Therefore signing Inglis would put Souths over the cap.

johns_reds

First Grade

Pay the players too much and some of the clubs around the country will go broke, is this what you want? We have a cap for a reason, first is so the nrl is competetive for everyone and second so that clubs don't go broke! Do you want another club kicked out of the comp like the bears were??

Even European football is changing there way so that clubs like chelsea and man city can't just go buy the best because they have rich owners. In the next couple of years fifa is bringing in a rule that you have to be able to afford the wages you pay by what your club earns. Every club has to be able to balance thier books, It is why clubs like chelsea haven't gone out and paid for the best in the world this year instead they bought decent buys who play for half the amount of money.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

With comments like these I can see why you stick to haunting the Central Coast stand aside thread. Where is the money coming from - I know the CC bears have 700 million sponsors and 9 billion paying members but the reality of rugby league at the moment dictates that players cannot be payed what they desire because there is not enough cash in the game. And when finances do improve pricks like 'K' and 'Izzy' will still desert the game because they are just that - deserters.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A nothing story based on no facts and that was refuted by Richardson this morning. The fact is that the contract has not even been lodged with the NRL yet. Even Gallop himself said this morning on the radio, and I quote, 'We haven't seen all of the components of the contract yet'. Greg will be playing for Souths in 2010 and we won't be shedding one single player. I'm sorry to disappoint, but these are the facts.
Have you cleared this with Bunniesman?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The game is broke. Where is the money going to come from? People seem so against third party deals so what are you going to pay them with? Hopes and dreams?

The game might be, but Souths aren't and intend to pay Greg his worth. And will, despite the nonsense that has been written today that has gotten most people around here so aroused.

And NGR, Schubert has been quoted nowhere that I have seen and this morning both Richardson and Gallop have confirmed that the contract has not been submitted and that the NRL have not seen it. Richardson said this morning that he is 100% certain that Greg will be playing for us in next season.

News Limited, as ever, are confused. They published this article roughly an hour before the other one. I see, 'New South Sydney recruit' and 'New teammate Sam Burgess' mentioned in the article.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...h-at-sydney-bash/story-e6frfgbo-1225960402488

Penance

Juniors
The Courier Mail broke the story, it's all rubbish. The Contract hasn't even been lodged yet lol. QLD News Limited are still burning.

With comments like these I can see why you stick to haunting the Central Coast stand aside thread. Where is the money coming from - I know the CC bears have 700 million sponsors and 9 billion paying members but the reality of rugby league at the moment dictates that players cannot be payed what they desire because there is not enough cash in the game. And when finances do improve pricks like 'K' and 'Izzy' will still desert the game because they are just that - deserters.

This has nothing to do with the CCBears mate.. why bother even mentioning it? This is my opinions not a groups of peoples opinions.

I doubt Izzy and K would have jumped if the Broncs or someone came back with a similar sized deal to stay in the game. It's a new day and age and players want a pay day. If we don't give it to them they'll simply jump ship elsewhere. If the players themselves say the cap is a problem then who are we as fans to say otherwise? At the end of the day they are the ones putting their bodies on the line to entertain us week in week out.

Bring in transfer fees and bring in a 50-100% elevation to the game's cap. Clubs that do want to purchase big names must pay a % of the over the cap price back to the body. That same money can be put back into the clubs every so often. Money stays in the game and gets built upon. It's the fundamentals of building a great sporting organization. I don't want teams to be super rich and others to be cash strapped. This is why the NRL needs proactive business people running the show not reactive lawyers.

Last edited:

chefman21

Juniors
So it turns out that those third party payments that would have turned $190 000 a year to $1.8 million over 3 would be ruled as being part of the salary cap. Therefore signing Inglis would put Souths over the cap.

Essentially they tried to cheat and buy a premiership. That's the crux of the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.