What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Notice that the article that I have posted a link to is dated the 13th. Hando appeared on Jay Leno on the 16th. And, to top it off, the CEO of the NRL has said this morning that they have not even seen the contract.

STD.... case in point there...

the dragons had the nrl verify the contract before we signed gasnier & announced that he was coming to us...

the bunnies did not...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So if this doesn't go ahead, will souffs get done for trying to Rort the cap?
I can't see how. It'll just mean the deal wasn't completed and someone has a big mouth.

Business 101: It's not a deal until it's a deal.

Russell might be a great showman, but the contract still hasn't been locked down. Until such time that it is locked down, the detail of the agreement should be kept under wraps.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
STD.... case in point there...

the dragons had the nrl verify the contract before we signed gasnier & announced that he was coming to us...

the bunnies did not...

STD. Cute that. Your insults are about as good as your comprehension.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Schubert should stick to trying to find rorts like free airplane tickets for families, because he has never found anything substantial. The Storm situation was a tip off, he knew f**k all. Just another turd on the payroll thanks to the Used Car Salesman. You can just see it, he is sitting there watching late night TV, sees Rusty on there and goes 'BINGO'. :lol:

If we are blocked in back ending a deal, yet other clubs do it, and even use extreme backending like $50k for Gasnier last year, then all I say to the NRL is good luck.

taxidriver

Coach
No I want players to be paid their worth like I'd want a carpenter or marketing exec to be paid their worth. The NRL are restricting trade and this bullsh*t wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else in the world. Even in 3rd world countries where football rules, players are paid their worth.

This is NEWS LTD f***ing up the game at it's finest. They never wanted him to go to a non-news ltd owned team because his profile commands a lot of attention and therefore he can be used as one of the games greatest marketing tools.

Any Broncos fan laughing it up is a w***ker. We already lost K and IZZY from our QLD team and now you'd like to lose GI as well? I'm sorry but Boyd, Slater, Tonga cannot do the things those 3 could. They were essential to our team. It took almost a generation to find a player of Mal's quality in G.I. and now we're gonna lose him? Not only for QLD but the NRL?

so why start the original post with some crap about south being screwed over too many times?

rules are rules, they may stink but we've seen what happens when you don't abide by them.

in fact this whole saga started because of devious pricks like inglis cheating the system. he has noone to blame but himself

as for you qld sob story, yes it must have taken quite an effort to find your qld talent in NSW

and please don't put Inglis anywhere near Mal in terms of ability and impact to the game.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Schubert should stick to trying to find rorts like free airplane tickets for families, because he has never found anything substantial. The Storm situation was a tip off, he knew f**k all. Just another turd on the payroll thanks to the Used Car Salesman. You can just see it, he is sitting there watching late night TV, sees Rusty on there and goes 'BINGO'. :lol:

If we are blocked in back ending a deal, yet other clubs do it, and even use extreme backending like $50k for Gasnier last year, then all I say to the NRL is good luck.

Gasnier was not seen anywhere near training or anything like that until the signing had been been checked by the NRL and cleared.

Souths have been croweing about getting GI for weeks...and he hasn't even signed nor been cleared to sign! Souths have gone about it poorly with your wanker owner going off too early - a typical Souths trait.

adamkungl

Immortal
It's not bagging RL, it's bagging souffs. Perfectly acceptable. Although I agree it is most likely 100% rubbish

Evenflow

Bench
Obviously Bunniesman is waiting to see if there's any truth in this story before he decides whether to show his head in here or not. Funny how he was caught in here when the news broke and didn't haqve a word to say about it :lol:

No doubt if it is true he'll be too gutless to come here after making a right f**kwit of himself many many times, though i'm sure he'll come back carrying on like and arseclown once more if the story proves to be false. Whether it turns out to be true or false the look on his face when he read the article would've been absolutely priceless :lol:

applesauce

Bench
Official Release: Greg Inglis
Rabbitohs Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:52:00

The South Sydney Rabbitohs would like to clarify the current situation with Greg Inglis’ NRL contract that has been reported in today’s Daily Telegraph.

The situation has not changed since the Rabbitohs announced that Inglis had agreed to terms with the Club on 12 November.

The Rabbitohs are following the normal procedures of signing a player to an NRL contract and lodging that contract with the NRL for registration.

A short form contract was lodged with the NRL on Monday 15 November. Within 20 business days of this contract being lodged, the Rabbitohs are required by the Rules to lodge a full NRL playing contract. The Club will be lodging this contract within the next 24 hours.

Following the lodgment of the full NRL playing contract, NRL Salary Cup Auditor Ian Schubert will review the contract in accordance with Rules.

In the meantime, the Club continues to work constructively with the Melbourne Storm towards gaining a release for Inglis from his existing contract.

The Rabbitohs hope to have a favourable resolution to this situation within the next seven day

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Nice plucking of figures out of the air.

You need to get your facts right.

The Inglis deal will be under scrutiny over the third party payments.

If you're looking for someone to blame for the stuff up, send a letter to Russell. He shouldn't have got on an international TV show and boasted the figure $1.8 million. The deal was still being negotiated by managers and agents and still had to be ratified by the NRL. So poor form from the showman.

Look, the deal might still go ahead, but I can imagine that Inglis and his agent were cringing deluxe when Russell spilled the beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts