What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Start of scene, we have daryl somers playing peter doust. we can see his office, overlooking Kogarah oval. We can hear a phone ringing

Doust: "hello, peter doust speaking"
Russell (playing himself): "peter, hi, it's russel crowe here. you may know me from such movies as proof, the sum of us and virtuosity"
D: "russell.. not you again. i've already told you i'm not interested in buying your 2010 premiers t-shirts that you made in 2009"
R: "no peter, this time i have a set of questions for you. did you know we are in a spot of bother with GI?"

somers/doust picks up today's telegraph from the rubbish bin and scans it carefully

D: "hmmm.. so the NRL have said no?"
R: "yep, it seems that you can't make $600k fit in to $180k. so tell me, how did you guys fit mark gasnier under the cap and have the nrl approve it?"
D: "well, has greg signed this form before lodging it?"
R: "yep"
D: "well, there's your first issue.. they should really give it the go-ahead before he signed it. now, have you lodged it with them yet before announcing how much he would earn?"
R: "yep.."
D: "well, there's your second issue.. could i recommend you make a call to someone who may be alble to help"

scene cut to russell on the phone, over audio you can hear the phone ringing, which is answered by a girl

Maccas girl: "hello, st kilda mcdonalds, sheree speaking"
R: "hi sheree, it's russell crowe here. you may know me from such movies as mystery alaska, 3:10 to yuma and heaven's burning"
Sheree: "hi mr crowe, i must say business has been quiet here since greg left town. you don't want to buy any big macs for him do you?
R: "no, but i would like to speak to brian waldron for a minute"
S: "hang on a minute, i'll get him for you..... *muffled voice* BRIAN! BRIAN! stop cooking those fries for a minute, theres a phone call for you"
Brian: "hello, brian speaking"
R: "brian hi, it's russell crowe here. you may know me from such movies as the silver brumby, spotswood and the crossing"
B: "oh hi russell, how's greg going?"
R: "not too good brian, we're having a bit of trouble fitting him under the cap"
B: "oh, that's easily fixed. here's what you do.. head down to the newsagent and get yourself two pay books..........."

End scene with Greg Inglis (being played by aaron petersen) walking into russell's office, eating a live chicken

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

carcharias

Immortal
It beats everything.

cept maybe the Indy 500

12313256_gal.jpg

soc123_au

Staff member
Start of scene, we have daryl somers playing peter doust. we can see his office, overlooking Kogarah oval. We can hear a phone ringing

Doust: "hello, peter doust speaking"
Russell (playing himself): "peter, hi, it's russel crowe here. you may know me from such movies as proof, the sum of us and virtuosity"
D: "russell.. not you again. i've already told you i'm not interested in buying your 2010 premiers t-shirts that you made in 2009"
R: "no peter, this time i have a set of questions for you. did you know we are in a spot of bother with GI?"

somers/doust picks up today's telegraph from the rubbish bin and scans it carefully

D: "hmmm.. so the NRL have said no?"
R: "yep, it seems that you can't make $600k fit in to $180k. so tell me, how did you guys fit mark gasnier under the cap and have the nrl approve it?"
D: "well, has greg signed this form before lodging it?"
R: "yep"
D: "well, there's your first issue.. they should really give it the go-ahead before he signed it. now, have you lodged it with them yet before announcing how much he would earn?"
R: "yep.."
D: "well, there's your second issue.. could i recommend you make a call to someone who may be alble to help"

scene cut to russell on the phone, over audio you can hear the phone ringing, which is answered by a girl

Maccas girl: "hello, st kilda mcdonalds, sheree speaking"
R: "hi sheree, it's russell crowe here. you may know me from such movies as mystery alaska, 3:10 to yuma and heaven's burning"
Sheree: "hi mr crowe, i must say business has been quiet here since greg left town. you don't want to buy any big macs for him do you?
R: "no, but i would like to speak to brian waldron for a minute"
S: "hang on a minute, i'll get him for you..... *muffled voice* BRIAN! BRIAN! stop cooking those fries for a minute, theres a phone call for you"
Brian: "hello, brian speaking"
R: "brian hi, it's russell crowe here. you may know me from such movies as the silver brumby, spotswood and the crossing"
B: "oh hi russell, how's greg going?"
R: "not too good brian, we're having a bit of trouble fitting him under the cap"
B: "oh, that's easily fixed. here's what you do.. head down to the newsagent and get yourself two pay books..........."

End scene with Greg Inglis (being played by aaron petersen) walking into russell's office, eating a live chicken

Gold:D

BunniesMan

Immortal
Mundine will drag the fat f**k overseas, he is too stupid to think for himself.
If that really was Mundine's intention, and he really had that sort of control over Inglis, then why isn't Inglis already in a different code or different country. Is he just making a detour in Redfern to see the sights?

what an absolute joke of a competition and a sport.

it's players, it's fans, it's clubs, it's referees, it's divisive leagues, it's media, it's competition administration.......the whole game is an absolute farce.

cheats, thugs, drunks, inept organisation...........this game has it all.

Inglis is the typical model representative of the low-class player who is fawned upon just because he can run with a football. Souths are f**kwits for believing that they could fit him into the salary cap, and the NRL are joke for maintaining the salary cap which is uncompetitive with other codes and leagues. but the dumbest of all are the fans that keep coming back to this farce.

void my account, i couldnt give a sh*t. last time im ever going to reduce myself to a level to discuss anything to do with this sport. with everything that's happened, it's generally a sport followed by and played by uneducated pissed up bogans or admined by execs who use it purely for their own self-interest.

Rugby League can f**k OFF!

So this is the incident that has snapped you, you weak-gutted quince?

How soft are you?

Make sure you never post again ozjet1.

Perhaps Badminton or La Crosse is a better administered sport for you to pay interest to.

CMUX

Well, it seems like the Daily Telerag came up with another BS article to fill today's papers. Some of you haters are jumping up and down at what you see as good news is pathetic. Some of you who would rather he go to France than play for Souths disgust me. I want him to play for my team but I'd rather he played for any other NRL club instead of going to a different code or playing overseas. The selfishness of some fans astounds me.

Now back onto the article. It was obvious BS, and now it's been confirmed by multiple parties to be BS. Apparently Schubert has killed a contract...that hasn't even been submitted yet. And the article said he did it because Crowe said it was 3 years, 1.8 million on Leno and that was wrong somehow. I found it very hard to believe that he would submit one contract, and than say something completely different to it on Leno, he isn't an idiot.

And then there's the other fact that made me think it wasn't true...it was printed in the daily telegraph.

So far I've seen nothing to make me believe Inglis won't be playing for Souths. But even if he doesn't I'd still hope he'd go to a rival club than change codes. I'm not as selfish as a lot of other people.

You keep clinging to the hope that it won’t be rejected. Maybe it won’t be but I get the feeling that your Churchill medallist prediction might need to be adjusted. :lol:

Dragon Dave

Bench
Now back onto the article. It was obvious BS

Was it that obvious? You were pretty quiet until Souths had clarified.

Souths have confirmed what all knew. He has agreed to terms (like he did with the Broncos) and Rusty and his big mouth have gone global announcing his pay packed before he's signed...in fact, before he's even been released!

But you're right, Russell is great for the game. He should lead the Independent Commission.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You keep clinging to the hope that it won’t be rejected. Maybe it won’t be but I get the feeling that your Churchill medallist prediction might need to be adjusted. :lol:
It has no reason to be rejected. I happen to think Souths management is not geniused. I doubt they'd try to submit an illegal contract.
Was it that obvious? You were pretty quiet until Souths had clarified.

Souths have confirmed what all knew. He has agreed to terms (like he did with the Broncos) and Rusty and his big mouth have gone global announcing his pay packed before he's signed...in fact, before he's even been released!

But you're right, Russell is great for the game. He should lead the Independent Commission.
Big mouth or not, unless he said something different in the Leno interview it doesn't matter. If on one hand he said its 1.8m, but the contract being submitted to the NRL is 1m, it's irrelevant. An owner with a big mouth doesn't affect anything, as long as the big mouth is only speaking truth.

And Crowe leading the IC is ridiculous, if an owner is directly involved it's hardly "independent".

Dragon Dave

Bench
Did he not say you've signed Greg Inglis?

Have you signed Greg Inglis?

As it stands, Greg Inglis is a Melbourne Storm player.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
If the Souths contract is rejected, Inglis remains contracted to the Storm = they are farked because they'll blow the salary cap yet again. I doubt the NRL would be keen for that to happen.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Souths should take one for the team and retract their offer. Then we can all watch the Melbourne Scum get humiliated again.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Did he not say you've signed Greg Inglis?

Have you signed Greg Inglis?

As it stands, Greg Inglis is a Melbourne Storm player.
No we haven't signed him yet. But Crowe had more reason to say we have than the Broncos did, and noone cared that they marketed a player they didn't have and sold memberships off his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.