What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
THE Broncos' powerful sponsorship stable is set to deliver Greg Inglis to Brisbane on a massive $650,000-a-season deal, making the Storm sensation one of the richest men in rugby league. quote from courier mail 18 july 2010

this was announced and inglis paraded as Bronco , before he even signed , above is simple google on Brisbane sign Inglis . and there is more on Brisbane and Inglis, the annual salary within salary cap and third party components from Broncos. So go suck on your professionalism. Souths announced approx value of deal AFTER he signed.

:lol: This one takes the cake, you've just quoted the same newspaper that Rabbitohs fans continue to say is sprouting sh*t.

carcharias

Immortal
I hope Inglis plays for souths.

be a shame to see a bloke who regulary steamrolls Soward lost to our great game.

Galeforce

Bench
i went to one gf and souths were not playing (saints and someone), it was boring and i am not interested in going to another GF unless souths are in it. simple.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Willow, i dont think there was anything wrong with Rusty bragging about him signing. Im sure you can look at it from Souths POV, massive news. He wasn't exacly going to tell them we missed the finals again.

As far as Me, you or Rusty is concerned, the contract is legit. Untill i see Gallop himself saying it has been rejected ill still think the same. Some telegraph article that one minute was "he will be blocked" then a few hours later "may be blocked", isn't going to change a thing, especially when the NRL hadn't even seen the contract themselves.

The $$ thing was silly but how much did you think he was going to be earning per year?

And as for the blinkers, surely you dont think BM is fair dinkum?

I'm glad you can see this, I do know alot of intelligent Souths fans and, unlike Gale, you appear to be able to see the truth.

Rusty going tele announcing to the world it what he would be earning was dumb. I'd be surprised if Richo hadn't had a word to him yesterday about being a little more patient when making these big claims.

I'm with you, I think the deal will be done, and the figure announced is probably spot on, but at the end of the day Rusty has gone about it the wrong way.

As the owner of the club, in my opinion, that was unprofessional.

Good luck in 2011.

RWB

Bench
Willow, i dont think there was anything wrong with Rusty bragging about him signing. Im sure you can look at it from Souths POV, massive news. He wasn't exacly going to tell them we missed the finals again.

As far as Me, you or Rusty is concerned, the contract is legit. Untill i see Gallop himself saying it has been rejected ill still think the same. Some telegraph article that one minute was "he will be blocked" then a few hours later "may be blocked", isn't going to change a thing, especially when the NRL hadn't even seen the contract themselves.

The $$ thing was silly but how much did you think he was going to be earning per year?

How can a contract be legit when one hasn't even been submitted yet (Admitted by both Souths & the NRL)?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The deflectors are all the tossers making negative points about Souths and Crowe and Inglis. these folks are all making negative points , reflecting on professionalism from their small parochial viewpoints.
Nothing wrong with the truth.
Unprofessional to state the truth? unprofessional to communicate to mass market and state approx facts , what have souths got to hide?
sorry only the liars should worry about this , Saints and Rooster fans in particular should keep their heads down and not caste shadows.
I would agree to brandy approx $ is only a worry before agreement with player , as the concern is that another interested party will trump the bid. However once agreed and signed with player , the only worry is if there is "dishonesty" that does not need a sunlight test.
So Crowe has provided a sunshine test. what are you cowards going on about ?
"he should not have done it , because someone will test it " , give me a break you cowards

In sensitive corporate situations, such as this? Absolutely.

He doesn't have to lie, but he doesn't have to brag. Its obvious Russell has never played a salesman or corporate exec.

Maybe he could study these professions as a thespian and realise that ego, bragging & assumptions before a contract is signed by all ratifying parties, that intentions mean sh*t. GI has already proven that a mans word mean nothing with the Broncos, so you can't have it both ways. Crowe has shot his gob off early & its seriously unprofessional.

No place for hype in business. Just results.

Galeforce

Bench
quoting from and espousing it are two different things. the point made you nickel brain , is that Broncos released details of the deal months ago and Inglis had not been signed. Yet crowe is called unprofessional for stating approx 3 year value after Inglis has signed. I welcome the sunshine test from Crowe , nothing to fear except fear itself.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
quoting from and espousing it are two different things. the point made you nickel brain , is that Broncos released details of the deal months ago and Inglis had not been signed. Yet crowe is called unprofessional for stating approx 3 year value after Inglis has signed. I welcome the sunshine test from Crowe , nothing to fear except fear itself.

I don't recall the Broncos CEO, Chariman or anyone else espousing the value to the media. That was speculation & the hang up on those negotiations was the leagl bill Inglis is in dispute with Melbourne over, not the salary cap implications for the Broncos, as is the case with South Sydney.

Galeforce

Bench
do a simple google broncos deal with inglis-- you sound like a politician who has something to hide, i do not recall...lol

BunniesMan

Immortal
Talk this morning is that Souths would take legal action against the NRL if the contract submitted today would be knocked back...

... Love how Souths care about the game so much.

Shouldn't be in the competition with that attitude.
Lol? So Souths can't exercise it's legal rights now? You know if at your place of work you feel you've been treated unfairly you have every right to take the people you think are at fault to court. So why can't Souths? If they believe the contract is legit, and the NRL blocks it, we have every right to explore our legal options.

I'm sick of seeing and hearing about this fat, greedy prick.

Those who say things like "we need Greg Inglis in the NRL" are kidding themselves. He was missing in action this season and the game is still thriving on the field.

He is a great player (when he feels like it) but is not in the top 10 players in the game at the moment.

We don't need him at all.
Do I need to remind you why you shouldn't put too much weight into his 2010 season? His own captain openly said to a referee "we have nothing to play for".

You tell me, did Australia beat NZ when Inglis played in the World Cup final of 2008?

Gasnier is a local junior, and our club did make any comments on him signing until...well...he signed. He came into the squad without any fuss and put his head down and worked hard.

Gasnier was contract was not honored by a third party which is why he left the club in the first place.
Oh stop tooting that BS horn about him being a local junior. It didn't stop him leaving your team, and the NRL has made sure being a local junior means nothing in contract negotiations. You keep bringing it up but it means nothing in this conversation.

Greg Inglis is a Melbourne Storm player. It is not the South Sydney owners job to speculate about contracts and salaries on international television before the player is even released!

The media will provide the hype and speculation.
Speculate? What speculation? The contract was already offered and agreed to, 0 speculation involved mate.

If Souths manage to sign Inglis, good luck to them. As long as the NRL approves it, then that's alright. They are the governing body, no point looking under the ledger for dust mites after that.

Equally, if the NRL knock back the Souths/Inglis deal, one can only assume they had reason to do so.

All this talk about possible legal action is further highlighting the mess and lack of professionalism. It is the type of crap we'd expect to see from the Melbourne Storm.
And again, this point really frustrates me. So exercising your legal rights is unprofessional? How would you like it if you were mistreated at work and took them to court and people called you unproffesional?

I'll say it again, if Souths submit what they believe is a perfectly legal contract and it is knocked back, they have every right to dispute that in a court of law.
souffs.. the fans who keep on giving...

bunniesman runs out of puff.... galeforce takes his place..

bring on the next few pages...

popcorn.gif
BunniesMan certainly has not run out of puff. BunniesMan has a life and cannot be monitoring the forums 24 hours a day.

Typical of Souths.

Threatening to argue the toss before the coin is even in the air.

My hatred of these losers grows by the day.
The coin is not in the air you fool. They know exactly what they're going to submit to the NRL. They obviously believe it is legit, so if it is knocked back they know they'll fight it.

I don't trust Crap Paper for one minute. But did they force Russell to get on American TV with a premature announcement?
Wasn't premature. He knows the contract that was agreed to. And Inglis's agent had signed a short form contract. We had more at the time of Crowe's announcement than the Broncos ever had and it didn't stop them announcing it.
How can a contract be legit when one hasn't even been submitted yet (Admitted by both Souths & the NRL)?
It's not as if the contract hasn't been written yet. They know what they'll submit. They obviously believe it is legit or they wouldn't waste their time submitting.

It's like if you're wealthy enough with no debt and you apply for a $1000 a month credit card. You know there is no reason for them to knock you back, so you can say beforehand you know its legit. It involves using some common sense, which might be a stretch for some people on here.

Joker's Wild

Coach
do a simple google broncos deal with inglis-- you sound like a politician who has something to hide, i do not recall...lol

Heres what I found

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-as-legal-by-nrl/story-e6frf3pc-1225923791888

Says they got their info from "a leaked email". Oh yeah, very credible :lol:

Noone at the Broncos went to the media spruking about how they have signed him before a deal was closed like Rusty did.

Pull your head out of the sand mate, your club owner shot his mouth off and now looks like a tool for it. It was just plain stupid and in a very different league to the Broncos scenario.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

The Broncos and Souths scenarios are not even close to being comparable. Thats a simple fact. A sunshine test. The TRUTH.

Heres what I found

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-as-legal-by-nrl/story-e6frf3pc-1225923791888

Says they got their info from "a leaked email". Oh yeah, very credible :lol:

Noone at the Broncos went to the media spruking about how they have signed him before a deal was closed like Rusty did.

Pull your head out of the sand mate, your club owner shot his mouth off and now looks like a tool for it. It was just plain stupid and in a very different league to the Broncos scenario.

Thankyou.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No, bunniesfella is light entertainment - although he does seem to be investing a lot of energy into this. But I guess even a party clown works hard occasionally.

Gale on the other hand is fair dinkum. Much better value.

Gaba

First Grade
I hope Inglis plays for souths.

be a shame to see a bloke who regulary steamrolls Soward lost to our great game.
In the same game soward dumped inglis over the sideline and the following week, preston campbell dumped inglis over the sideline.

Inglis was owned by 2 smaller men 2 weeks in a row, its shame for a man the size of inglis to be owned by smaller men in the league.

for inglis reputation it would be better if he left instead of being known as owned by soward and campbell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts