What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So if you go with the actual quotes, Richardson says he is 100% sure Inglis will be at Souths and Gallop says he just hopes its sorted asap.

The rest is filled in by telegraph crap. Funny how one minute the paper is a laughing stock in everyones eyes and the next its taken as gospel.

I don't trust Crap Paper for one minute. But did they force Russell to get on American TV with a premature announcement?

Dragon Dave

Bench
Brag about Inglis yes, but what he will be earning, that was a stuff up.

But, besides a BS telegraph article, what has happened between now and then that has changed anything?

Thankyou. That was my point. South Sydney have handled this unprofessionally.

CMUX

Contract Breakdown per year

$190K cash
$100K Bus Hire in case of rain to/from away games
$200K Tab at McDonald's, Burger King... etc
$110K Clothing items such as.....

:lol::lol::lol:

Does that include a complimentary boat trip to Auckland?

Liddell

Juniors
I don't trust Crap Paper for one minute. But did they force Russell to get on American TV with a premature announcement?

It wasn't premature. He's agreed to terms.

Whether Rusty said how much he was roughly getting paid or not, Shuey would still see the contract either way. Did you think he was going to say 1.8m over 3 years on TV but the contract says 1.5m?

I know either way he probably shouldn't have revealed it publicly, but how that makes a difference to getting him or not is beyond me.

Why say a figure at all?

This is the most geniused thing about Crowe and that interview.

Why mention any figure, a contract of 1.8 million over 3 years is hardly going to raise any eyebrows in the US, maybe even a few sniggers.

Crowe should stick to singing his beautifully soulful songs and playing dress ups.

Galeforce

Bench
The deflectors are all the tossers making negative points about Souths and Crowe and Inglis. these folks are all making negative points , reflecting on professionalism from their small parochial viewpoints.
Nothing wrong with the truth.
Unprofessional to state the truth? unprofessional to communicate to mass market and state approx facts , what have souths got to hide?
sorry only the liars should worry about this , Saints and Rooster fans in particular should keep their heads down and not caste shadows.
I would agree to brandy approx $ is only a worry before agreement with player , as the concern is that another interested party will trump the bid. However once agreed and signed with player , the only worry is if there is "dishonesty" that does not need a sunlight test.
So Crowe has provided a sunshine test. what are you cowards going on about ?
"he should not have done it , because someone will test it " , give me a break you cowards

Dragon Dave

Bench

Whether Rusty said how much he was roughly getting paid or not, Shuey would still see the contract either way. Did you think he was going to say 1.8m over 3 years on TV but the contract says 1.5m?

I know either way he probably shouldn't have revealed it publicly, but how that makes a difference to getting him or not is beyond me.

He agreed to terms with the Broncos too. Luckily for them they didn't shout it to the world before pen went to paper.

Unprofessional.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's not locked away until the NRL have ratified it.

Liddell said:
Whether Rusty said how much he was roughly getting paid or not, Shuey would still see the contract either way.
Schubert and Gallop hadn't seen it at that point.
Liddell said:
Did you think he was going to say 1.8m over 3 years on TV but the contract says 1.5m?
Normal business practice is to say nothing until the deal is locked away. I appreciate that this was showmanship. Nevertheless, it made for a bumpy negotiation with the NRL having to come out and say it wasn't a done deal.

Liddell said:
At least you concede that he should have kept his mouth closed on the $$$.

Some are incapable of taking off the blinkers. Speaking of which...
Gale said:
give me a break you cowards
lol. Someone needs a hug.

Dragon Dave

Bench
The deflectors are all the tossers making negative points about Souths and Crowe and Inglis. these folks are all making negative points , reflecting on professionalism from their small parochial viewpoints.
Nothing wrong with the truth.
Unprofessional to state the truth? unprofessional to communicate to mass market and state approx facts , what have souths got to hide?
sorry only the liars should worry about this , Saints and Rooster fans in particular should keep their heads down and not caste shadows.
I would agree to brandy approx $ is only a worry before agreement with player , as the concern is that another interested party will trump the bid. However once agreed and signed with player , the only worry is if there is "dishonesty" that does not need a sunlight test.
So Crowe has provided a sunshine test. what are you cowards going on about ?
"he should not have done it , because someone will test it " , give me a break you cowards

The deal has not been approved, therefore it is not yet truth. When the NRL approves it, and Souths sign Greg Inglis, it will be the truth.

"Approx facts" :lol:

Is there such a thing?

Galeforce

Bench
THE Broncos' powerful sponsorship stable is set to deliver Greg Inglis to Brisbane on a massive $650,000-a-season deal, making the Storm sensation one of the richest men in rugby league. quote from courier mail 18 july 2010

this was announced and inglis paraded as Bronco , before he even signed , above is simple google on Brisbane sign Inglis . and there is more on Brisbane and Inglis, the annual salary within salary cap and third party components from Broncos. So go suck on your professionalism. Souths announced approx value of deal AFTER he signed.

Galeforce

Bench
Professionalism as defined by Dragon Dave , again apart from the deal is not ratified until NRL have confirmed contract , why is it unprofessional for Crowe to state approx value of deal , that has been signed with Inglis , when there are value provided by Brisbane on unsigned basis from july $650k PA , which are larger than Souths $600k PA ( $1.8m divided by 3 for dummy Dave). Why should he fear stating the truth in approx terms? please explain the reasons why unprofessional , apart from "process" , o the NRL has yet to ratify

Galeforce

Bench
started , i have not even started , when i see illogical drips jumping on headlines and attacking Souths . go and look at your own clubs if you want to be negative.

Dragon Dave

Bench
THE Broncos' powerful sponsorship stable is set to deliver Greg Inglis to Brisbane on a massive $650,000-a-season deal, making the Storm sensation one of the richest men in rugby league. quote from courier mail 18 july 2010

this was announced and inglis paraded as Bronco , before he even signed , above is simple google on Brisbane sign Inglis . and there is more on Brisbane and Inglis, the annual salary within salary cap and third party components from Broncos. So go suck on your professionalism. Souths announced approx value of deal AFTER he signed.

You really are thick arn't you. The Courier Mail is the MEDIA! Their job is to speculate about would did/could/might happen. They speculate so people read their stories.

Russell Crowe is the owner of the bloody club. He acted unprofessionally in announcing a figure before the deal has been approved. No-one at the Bronco's went on international TV announcing a deal that was yet to happen.

The Dragons could go tell Todd Carney that we want him for $1M a season. He could agree to terms. He could even sign a piece of paper. But he won't play for the Dragons until the NRL have approved the deal.

They are yet to do this for Inglis, therefore the deal is not done.

Liddell

Juniors
Willow, i dont think there was anything wrong with Rusty bragging about him signing. Im sure you can look at it from Souths POV, massive news. He wasn't exacly going to tell them we missed the finals again.

As far as Me, you or Rusty is concerned, the contract is legit. Untill i see Gallop himself saying it has been rejected ill still think the same. Some telegraph article that one minute was "he will be blocked" then a few hours later "may be blocked", isn't going to change a thing, especially when the NRL hadn't even seen the contract themselves.

The $$ thing was silly but how much did you think he was going to be earning per year?

And as for the blinkers, surely you dont think BM is fair dinkum?

Galeforce

Bench
Dragon Dave, who do you think courier mail talking to ??
quote from July , values are everywhere and still you go on , that Crowe is unprofessional for stating approx $1.8m over 3 years after signed by Inglis , you are now becoming a drip.

"Even after the move was confirmed yesterday there remained widespread confusion about how the deal works as Brisbane boss Bruno Cullen told reporters the club had not increased its offer of $400,000 plus a car.
The NRL has insisted from the outset that the full amount of Inglis's deal with the Storm - revealed during the salary cap investigation to be $660,000 a season although since revised down to $620,000 - must be included in the combined salary caps of Melbourne and any club he joined."

Status
Not open for further replies.