What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galeforce

Bench
Dragon Dave , Souths did not make any comment until Inglis signed .
As for Gasnier , how did you guys fit him into salary cap , given you already had a "fair" side and it was late in the year. The details on this were never made clear in my mind, i cannot recall an uproar for details . What has being a local junior got to do with wanting to make money and why do you knock Inglis and yet open your arms for Gasnier.
I will tell you , because Inglis wants to play for Souths and not Saints . small mind..

Dragon Dave

Bench
Dragon Dave,
again , what is wrong with being open with total value , given everyone guessing it and the league scrutinizing it . Please explain what is your issue with this honesty versus using a throw away line like "unprofessional".
If there was no "scrutiny" then i would agree for the benefit of the player , the approximate value should not be released.
So please explain why you believe it is unprofessional , for whom? the player , the public , the sponsors , the NRL for stating approx value. what is there to hide?

Greg Inglis is a Melbourne Storm player. It is not the South Sydney owners job to speculate about contracts and salaries on international television before the player is even released!

The media will provide the hype and speculation.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow,
points for keeping this discussion logical . replying to your three points
1) the media was already disclosing value of around $1.8m . Crowe did not disclose the details of the contract , just commented in response to question and stated the value was around $1.8m for three years . What is unprofessional about that , given the media already stating this value.
2) re similar , yes exactly. I have seen reports , that the Souths reported contract structure is similar to Brisbane. If so i do not recall "media/ fan/ Nrl" beat up on questioning the Brisbane deal which was reviewed and approved by the NRL. If noone has seen the Souths deal , then why all these "media " beatups?
3) i do not know if or why the NRL would not approve the contract if in line with salary cap guidelines? My comment is if NRL approved Brisbane contract after "carefull scrutiny" , why should they not approve the Souths contract if structure was same. If True , then yes , Souths should take legal action to support consistency and "clean up" the game administration , because something would stink.
If you have problems with my thoughts , no problem , you are on the other side of the fence.
If Souths manage to sign Inglis, good luck to them. As long as the NRL approves it, then that's alright. They are the governing body, no point looking under the ledger for dust mites after that.

Equally, if the NRL knock back the Souths/Inglis deal, one can only assume they had reason to do so.

All this talk about possible legal action is further highlighting the mess and lack of professionalism. It is the type of crap we'd expect to see from the Melbourne Storm.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
souffs.. the fans who keep on giving...

bunniesman runs out of puff.... galeforce takes his place..

bring on the next few pages...

popcorn.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As for Gasnier , how did you guys fit him into salary cap
Again, the irrelevant comparison.

Why the need for deflection?

Gasnier signed with Saints relatively late in 2010, playing just 12 games after having a stint in rugby union - that already makes it a different deal to Inglis. Gasnier is in the backend of his career when compared to Inglis.

When Gasnier was released from Saints to play union, there was a clause in the agreement that he couldn't play for any other NRL club unless the Dragons said otherwise.

He is a local junior, he wanted to play for Saints. He was always coming back home.

But despite this, the Dragons administration sifted through the details very carefully and made sure the NRL had seen all documentation before anything was set in stone. There were no announcements on TV, no devulging of details, no parading Gasnier in front of cameras wearing Saints gear. It was a complicated deal involving the club, Gasnier, his agent and of course the NRL.

Finally, after all the Ts were crossed and Is dotted, the frustrating wait was over. A press conference was called and Gasnier was officially announced as being signed. Some people didn't like the wait, but in retrospect you can see why it had to be done right.

Now compare this to the way the Inglis deal is being handled. Did you really want to make that comparison?

I'd much rather have a club CEO/owner making sure the NRL had all the detail before making any announcements. But hey, if you prefer the Hollywood approach, who am I to tell you otherwise?

SoftSydney

Juniors
Again, the irrelevant comparison.

Why the need for deflection?

Gasnier signed with Saints relatively late in 2010, playing just 12 games after having a stint in rugby union - that already makes it a different deal to Inglis. Gasnier is in the backend of his career when compared to Inglis.

When Gasnier was released from Saints to play union, there was a clause in the agreement that he couldn't play for any other NRL club unless the Dragons said otherwise.

He is a local junior, he wanted to play for Saints. He was always coming back home.

But despite this, the Dragons administration sifted through the details very carefully and made sure the NRL had seen all documentation before anything was set in stone. There were no announcements on TV, no devulging of details, no parading Gasnier in front of cameras wearing Saints gear. It was a complicated deal involving the club, Gasnier, his agent and of course the NRL.

Finally, after all the Ts were crossed and Is dotted, the frustrating wait was over. A press conference was called and Gasnier was officially announced as being signed. Some people didn't like the wait, but in retrospect you can see why it had to be done right.

Now compare this to the way the Inglis deal is being handled. Did you really want to make that comparison?

I'd much rather have a club CEO/owner making sure the NRL had all the detail before making any announcements. But hey, if you prefer the Hollywood approach, who am I to tell you otherwise?

I just wanted to mention St Merg have only 1 premiership, I just noticed your claiming 16... there should be a thread by u rorters lol.

Liddell

Juniors
So if you go with the actual quotes, Richardson says he is 100% sure Inglis will be at Souths and Gallop says he just hopes its sorted asap.

The rest is filled in by telegraph crap. Funny how one minute the paper is a laughing stock in everyones eyes and the next its taken as gospel.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Funny how one minute the paper is a laughing stock in everyones eyes and the next its taken as gospel.

i always take it as gospel..

jonothan cainer tells me every day how my day will pan out...

horoscopes-jonathan-cainer.gif

god bless him...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I just wanted to mention St Merg have only 1 premiership, I just noticed your claiming 16... there should be a thread by u rorters lol.

by us, or about us?

either way, that's an old debate... where have you been?

Dragon Dave

Bench
So if you go with the actual quotes, Richardson says he is 100% sure Inglis will be at Souths and Gallop says he just hopes its sorted asap.

The rest is filled in by telegraph crap. Funny how one minute the paper is a laughing stock in everyones eyes and the next its taken as gospel.

And what about the owner of the club going on international television telling the world that Inglis has signed and how much he will be earning....before he's been released.

Unprofessional.

Liddell

Juniors
And what about the owner of the club going on international television telling the world that Inglis has signed and how much he will be earning....before he's been released.

Unprofessional.

Brag about Inglis yes, but what he will be earning, that was a stuff up.

But, besides a BS telegraph article, what has happened between now and then that has changed anything?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I just wanted to mention St Merg have only 1 premiership, I just noticed your claiming 16...
Ah, the deflection continues.

16. Yes, I am aware that it is the highbar that upsets oppo fans. But alas, that's not my intention, so don't rate yourself too much. I also sense that chuckling at your expense must be unsettling for you as well.
SoftSydney said:
there should be a thread by u rorters lol.
I don't support Melbourne or Canterbury.

Oh... you are making an unfounded rorting allegation? Tsk tsk... poor form. Well princess, if you're looking for Saints threads, there were dozens of them posted by the loser supporters. Go for your life, add one more to the mix. Poor buggas... been a terrible season for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.