What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
Inglis is a much better player than Gasnier, who you'd get the better value for out of the deals is a whole different argument but there's no way Gasnier is currently a better player than Inglis.

The problem with both these deals is the players you have to lose in the following years. If I was a Saints supporter I'd be spewing if we lost Nightingale who is such a gun.

Same goes for Souths and I already know of the possible player who will be leaving. Put it this way it's what Souths fans used to stand for and he'll be heading overseas for a pay day which he deserves but Souths wont be able to give him.

I watched the Roosters put Mason on a back ended contract... we lost James Tamou, David Shillington & Anthony Tupou because of it. Man I wish we had our time over again, back ended contracts aren't sustainable... Mason was out 4th highest earner this year and he didn't even play a game for us, risky business.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Same goes for Souths and I already know of the possible player who will be leaving. Put it this way it's what Souths fans used to stand for and he'll be heading overseas for a pay day which he deserves but Souths wont be able to give him.

Well I don't know who it is but I think you may be alluding to Crocker. Asotasi would be on the chopping block too. Crocker played 7 games this year and ASotasi seriously underperformed - think they'd be better off losing them for Inglis given all their other forwards.

St George on the other hand... I think Gasnier is going to cost them so much more long term and bring them little gain. Still if St George win again in 2011 I doubt St George fans will care about the mistake too much as they suffer through 2012 and the hangover years.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Gaz def worth it. Both nightys tries were because winger came in on gaz. No way fat inglis better than gaz. Either way, we got him 5 years for the same price souths got inglis for 3. Inglis will be 120kg before turning up at training. How much weight can he lose in 2 months?

Inglis'd be fit by origin and firing if they make the finals. He's a big game player.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If I was a Saints supporter I'd be spewing if we lost Nightingale who is such a gun.
We're not losing Nightingale.

We have released Jeremy Smith, Nevillle Costigan and others. Gasnier will go well in 2011.

Who are Souths letting go to make way for Inglis? Sorry, if this question has been asked a few times, but I may missed the answer.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
St George on the other hand... I think Gasnier is going to cost them so much more long term and bring them little gain. Still if St George win again in 2011 I doubt St George fans will care about the mistake too much as they suffer through 2012 and the hangover years.
lol. OK. So you're saying we'll win back-to-back premierships - how terrible for us - and then cop the lean years after Gasnier's contract ends.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
lol. OK. So you're saying we'll win back-to-back premierships - how terrible for us - and then cop the lean years after Gasnier's contract ends.

What? Did you leave school at ten or are you a natural idiot? You've completely missed the point which I suspect is not the first time in your life.

BunniesMan

Immortal
When do you think Gasnier's contract ends? Antilag said "2012 and the hangover years". You said that's after his contract ends. You realise you've signed Gasnier until the end of 2014?

Eels Dude

Coach
Saying it's selfish is a little ignorant, there's a lot of people who don't believe in the cap and have their reasoning. I'm a fan of the salary cap but it'd be ignorant of me to say anyone or any club who challenged that was selfish.

I disagree. If a club challenges the cap and it's deemed a restraint of trade than it risks the future of the NRL and other clubs simply for that club's own benefit. Selfish.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Oh and burgess contract is already backended. Going to have to loose some decent players.

But they already have big money players not performing who will be surplus to requirements.

Asotasi, Crocker...

Bunnies Man - cheers for explaining that part to Willow - but I think he's missed a little bit more than than :p

BunniesMan

Immortal
I disagree. If a club challenges the cap and it's deemed a restraint of trade than it risks the future of the NRL and other clubs simply for that club's own benefit. Selfish.
If certain clubs can only exist because of illegal practices, then they shouldn't exist.

cleary89

Coach
I could see the funny side if they fought it and won. If they dont win they cheat the cap
And are still failures. If they somehow managed to fluke it, not evn they could argue it didnt have the biggest asterix of all time, possibly even more so than their forfeit win.

cleary89

Coach
But they already have big money players not performing who will be surplus to requirements.

Asotasi, Crocker...

Bunnies Man - cheers for explaining that part to Willow - but I think he's missed a little bit more than than :p

Asotasi was their saviour 3 weeks ago, now hes old an sh*t apparently.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I was a massive fan of Roy when he burst on the scene at the Dogs in 04. But 2010 - cmon even the journos noticed he was regularly out of sorts.

Inglis is a once in a generation if not lifetime player - you gotta make sacrifices.

Loudstrat

Coach
Inglis is a once in a smorgassboard player. BTW, I think Gaz has done more. he's won a premiership at least.

And Inglis is not nearly the best centre I have seen and I'm only halfway.

Clearly the best in a Souffs jumper. But gimme Terry Fahey anyday unless Inglis has a blinder (hard for him without a decent half).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What? Did you leave school at ten or are you a natural idiot? You've completely missed the point which I suspect is not the first time in your life.
I left school at eight. Thanks for the upgrade.

You're just arguing for argument's sake now.

There's some very touchy 50uffs supporters in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.