What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
In the hypothetical situation you mentioned, where the cap is deemed to be illegal.

It won't be deemed to be illegal, it just won't be there. This is coming from a Souths fan who's club was struggling financially for years. If the cap didn't exist last decade your club wouldn't even be here so you should be thankful it exists. Rusty isn't going to be feeding you cash forever mate.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It won't be deemed to be illegal, it just won't be there. This is coming from a Souths fan who's club was struggling financially for years. If the cap didn't exist last decade your club wouldn't even be here so you should be thankful it exists. Rusty isn't going to be feeding you cash forever mate.
I never said I'm against the cap. But if it is tested in court, and the courts decide it's not allowed, then that's life.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
BTW, I think Gaz has done more. he's won a premiership at least.

Hah - Inglis is only 23. He's played a lot less games than Gaz at club level and nearly scored as many tries. He has played more origin and more tests and has a far better try scoring rate. Inglius has won a Clive Chruchill - at stand off no less ;) Gaz got a golden boot? Inglis does. How many successful origin series Gas been a part of? Gaz is famous for an Anzac test try - who did work to make that try famous?

Now you could say others did the work for Inglis to score those tries - but then people like you accuse Boyd of feeding of Inglis's work in origin. Hah.

Gaz won any dally m rep player of the year awards?

Inglis has already achieved more than Gasnier in a lot less time. Get over your bias Loudstrat.

And Inglis is not nearly the best centre I have seen and I'm only halfway.

Best I've ever seen. If you consider Daley and Fittler as standoffs his only competition is Mal and Peter Jackson. Inglis eclipses them for mine. 10 origin tries in 13 games. 15 test tries in 16 games. Set up countless others for supporting players "feeding" off him - such as Gasnier's famous Anzac try. Clive Churchill medalist. Big game player. Loves the big stage and doesn't choke.

Even if not the best I've seen - certainly a better player than "Fire up Bitch" :)

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
I never said I'm against the cap. But if it is tested in court, and the courts decide it's not allowed, then that's life.

I doubt it will be, and I doubt even more it will be successful if so. It would have to be taken to the high court for such a decision something very expensive and not worth the effort. If other much more major sporting codes in other countries have not thought about contesting their salary caps no club in the NRL should be.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Touchy kids on their second Saturday night middy said:
When do you think Gasnier's contract ends? Antilag said "2012 and the hangover years". You said that's after his contract ends. You realise you've signed Gasnier until the end of 2014?

Oh, and about missing the point...

Antilube is predicting lean years after we win back-to-back premierships. LOL!!!

Antilube and bunniesfella agreeing with each other. This is too easy. I wish I could appreciate the pain you're going through. Really...

Come back in 2014 and we'll compare notes.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Oh, and about missing the point...

How has Bunniesman missed the point? Have you ever read a book Willow? Like a real book? Your comprehension appears to be below a primary school level. It is you who is missing all the points....

Antilube is predicting lean years after we win back-to-back premierships. LOL!!!

Antilube and bunniesfella agreeing with each other. This is too easy. I wish I could appreciate the pain you're going through. Really...

Come back in 2014 and we'll compare notes.

"Antilube" is probably meant as an insult. Willow - I don't know what your wife/gf is telling you but uhmm her needing lube when she is with you is not a compliment to you. Thus there aint any glory in being "Prolube".

Notwithstanding.... just to demonstrate what an idiot you are... please paste where I predicted St George will win back to back.... ;) You cannot. I am predicting that Gasnier will cost you dearly years 2012 onwards but IF you win back to back premierships St George fans will forgive the mistake of signing Gaz. You fool. You absolute fool. The prediction was based on a condition of "back to back premierships". That condition is not a prediction. IF is not saying I predict. What follows the condition in this context was the prediction. Your teachers and society or your parents failed you. Its not your fault you're a fool. Its either nature (genetics) or nurture (society).

Good luck.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
Asotasi has not underperformed , he has sufferred major injury each year.given a rested no injury offseason , i believe he is due for big one in 2011. hope it is with Souths.
crocker is one player who has not had a chance to perform at Souths and as such if a player needs to be traded , then he would have least impact on Souths.
given i think fullback would be inglis best position , wesser is the other player who could be released .
As for Inglis , he is the best, most powerful running back i have ever seen , period. does not matter who he plays with , he will be a matchwinner! what a player , just look at his utube highlights.awesome and only 23. leave any other , ALL backs, in his wake.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
As for Inglis , he is the best, most powerful running back i have ever seen , period. does not matter who he plays with , he will be a matchwinner! what a player , just look at his utube highlights.awesome and only 23. leave any other , ALL backs, in his wake.

Best I've seen in League. The best cross codes for mine is Rupeni Caucau - (check his highlight reels on youtube). His thighs are so big he is banned from running at training as he would injure himself. Has to gym and swim work not track stuff. That man is a freak.

Joeli Vindiri and Jonah were pretty slick too.

boxhead

First Grade
Inglis has awesome potential, but he has done nowhere near enough to be called the best Rugby League back ever.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Inglis has awesome potential, but he has done nowhere near enough to be called the best Rugby League back ever.

Not "ever" and not "back".... Just the best "centre" and maybe "outside back" of the "last 25-30 years" for mine :)

Eels Dude

Coach
Asotasi has not underperformed , he has sufferred major injury each year.given a rested no injury offseason , i believe he is due for big one in 2011. hope it is with Souths.
crocker is one player who has not had a chance to perform at Souths and as such if a player needs to be traded , then he would have least impact on Souths.
given i think fullback would be inglis best position , wesser is the other player who could be released .

It'd be funny if that happened for Souths. If Inglis gets back down to his ideal weight he'll still be about 10kgs heavier than the MAXIMUM a fullback should weigh. He's great once he breaks into open stride, but his acceleration is weak, as is lateral movement and turn and chase. That's what happens when you fill out and become an ideal playing weight of 106kg. I hope for Souths fans sake they don't play him at fullback because he will be downright awful, though other clubs supporters should be licking their lips if John Lang is stupid enough to do that.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't know what your wife/gf is telling you but uhmm her needing lube when she is with you is not a compliment to you. Thus there aint any glory in being "Prolube".
Classy. Crude family references.

Have you checked this post with your mum? Hang on, I'll ask her myself.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Because renaming me "Antilube" is the epitome of class and tastefulness and not crude?

If you're going to "sledge" someone don't leave yourself open...

Fool. You're an absolute fool.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
antilube said:
Because renaming me "Antilube" is the epitome of class and tastefulness?
Yes... it's terrible for you.

You do realise of course that the name you use here is not your real name... right?

ANTiLAG said:
if St George win again in 2011 I doubt St George fans will care about the mistake too much as they suffer through 2012 and the hangover years.

SoftSydney

Juniors

Roy has been an egg since he left the dogs as for Inglis he still needs to get quality ball and he wont be getting that from Sandow, he is a great player but I dont see him doing the same damage he did without the quality around him at the Storm. Souffs should have thrown the cash at Thurston.

Status
Not open for further replies.