What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How fat will he be in 10 years time???? :lol: He's all yours champ, anyone paying that much for a centre has got rocks in their heads.
Well your team wanted, and apparently still wants him. They obviously thought he's worth "that much" or do they also have rocks in their heads?

Eels Dude

Coach
Well your team wanted, and apparently still wants him. They obviously thought he's worth "that much" or do they also have rocks in their heads?

Only because there's salary cap space and rumours Tahu's gone next year. I wouldn't be overly excited if Inglis joined the Eels. He's obviously a very good player but a centre should never be worth that kind of cash.

Eels Dude

Coach
Good, we're both happy then. And I look forward to GI steamrolling Hayne as he puts a couple of tries on the Eels when we flatten them next season.

If Inglis gets owned by Hayne like he was in Football's Fastest Man this year then I wouldn't bet on it. Hayne 1, Inglis 0.

boxhead

First Grade
Good, we're both happy then. And I look forward to GI steamrolling Hayne as he puts a couple of tries on the Eels when we flatten them next season.

You didn't see Round 13 Melbourne VS Parramatta 2010 did you? Hayne destroyed Inglis and his team.

boxhead

First Grade
Hell, in that game last year between the Eels and Storm Joel Reddy made Inglis look like a crap player. Says a lot about your hopes of signing Inglis up for "10 years".

boxhead

First Grade
The longer it takes for the NRL to decide on the Souths/Inglis deal, the less chance it is of happening.
If this deal keeps dragging on like it is then it won't happen, sorry to say it Bunniesman.
Better hope they announce the deal in the next few days, or Inglis will be in another code come 2011.

the1

Juniors
The longer it takes for the NRL to decide on the Souths/Inglis deal, the less chance it is of happening.
If this deal keeps dragging on like it is then it won't happen, sorry to say it Bunniesman.
Better hope they announce the deal in the next few days, or Inglis will be in another code come 2011.

The deal will be finalised next week as the independent commission comes in.

I said people I know, including friends and family, take meds. And I also said when I say not normal, I'm speaking factually, I'm not judging. Having a physical or mental disorder, whether that be diabetes or depression or whatever else, makes people not normal in my view, but "not normal" doesn't mean bad or anything judgmental. People can be "not normal" and still lead full and happy lives, like the people I know who take meds.

I think the issue here is misunderstanding. You think when I say not normal I'm judging or something, I'm not, I'm just being factual.

there is a major differance between taking prescribed drugs and buying them on every corner in the block, so i realy hope you urge your family and friends to try and get a script next time, the black market is a dangerous place.

BunniesMan

Immortal
He is more chance of swallowing Hayne than steamrolling him.
Well whatever gets him to the tryline...and if he gets a free dinner while he's at it then it's all good.
I disagree with that logic. This is all a big show and dance by the NRL to try and prove they scrutinise these deals and are taking it all very seriously. If they take ages they can let it happen and still say "see,we took ages, proves how closely we looked at it".
there is a major differance between taking prescribed drugs and buying them on every corner in the block, so i realy hope you urge your family and friends to try and get a script next time, the black market is a dangerous place.
Idiot.

EelDredd

Juniors
EXCLUSIVE
THE NRL will reject South Sydney's contract with Greg Inglis if the superstar is listed as receiving significantly less than $300,000 under the salary cap.
Third-party deals with Inglis will become assessable under the cap because they will be deemed to have been negotiated at the same time he agreed to join the Rabbitohs. Veteran player manager Wayne Beavis has taken over negotiations on behalf of Inglis while his regular agent, Allan Gainey, is on leave.
Advertisement: Story continues below
NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert has not completed his investigation into Inglis's contract with Souths, but it is understood the NRL is convinced any third-party deals have been, in effect, guaranteed by the club.
Schubert's investigation into Inglis's contract has widened to include other player contracts at the club and the association between sponsors and the club's celebrity owners, actor Russell Crowe and businessman Peter Holmes a Court.
Crowe recently told a late-night TV show that Inglis would receive $1.8 million over three years.
Schubert's probe follows a letter from a South Sydney fan who has demanded the NRL provide an explanation of how the club can afford to fit one of the world's best forwards, Sam Burgess, Kiwi hooker Issac Luke, Bronco recruit David Taylor and Inglis inside the cap.
The fan, skilled in forensic accounting, has traced the links between certain players and the club's sponsors and owners. He cites quotes from South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson saying on three occasions the Rabbitohs could not sign Inglis because of lack of salary cap space.
He points out Richardson's defence that he was unaware at the time of NRL increases in salary cap allowances is at odds with Souths' website listing these concessions on June 22.
Some of the links the fan has drawn between Inglis, Crowe, sponsors and a rival code could conveniently be listed under the heading conspiracy theory.
One of Inglis's projected third-party sponsors is $50,000 from ANZ Stadium, venue of Souths' home games: Crowe recently narrated a Ben Hur spectacular for ANZ Stadium: ANZ Stadium is managed by a company owned by AFL chairman, Mike Fitzpatrick; AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou announced recently his code would not be pursuing Inglis if his deal with Souths collapsed.
Fitzpatrick has undertaken to remove himself from any conflict-of-interest situations and it's likely the AFL's lack of interest in Inglis is more to do with his unsuitability for the stamina-challenging code.
The Rabbitohs maintain Inglis's contract is back-loaded, meaning that he will receive higher payments in the final years of the deal.
Souths salary cap payments to Inglis in 2011 will be $190,000 plus a car valued at $25,000 and a marquee player allowance of $100,000 with Star City, while the following two years it will be $350,000 a year, plus the car and the marquee allowance.
He has four third-party deals which Souths maintain are outside the cap - $100,000 with an unknown sponsor; two for $25,000 and the $50,000 ANZ Stadium deal.
They claim it is almost the same deal as he agreed with the Broncos, before he walked out of the club following entreaties from Crowe and friend Anthony Mundine.
However, while the Brisbane third-party deals were at arm's length from the club, the NRL believes Inglis's Rabbitohs sponsorships have been effectively guaranteed by Souths. Which raises the question why didn't the Broncos deals follow Inglis to Redfern?
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-gets-tough-on-inglis-deal-20101203-18jsx.html

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Which raises the question why didn't the Broncos deals follow Inglis to Redfern?

Journos ask questions like that and a whole heap of premierships from almost every single club would be stripped since the caps inception.

Eels Dude

Coach

EXCLUSIVE

THE NRL will reject South Sydney's contract with Greg Inglis if the superstar is listed as receiving significantly less than $300,000 under the salary cap.
Third-party deals with Inglis will become assessable under the cap because they will be deemed to have been negotiated at the same time he agreed to join the Rabbitohs. Veteran player manager Wayne Beavis has taken over negotiations on behalf of Inglis while his regular agent, Allan Gainey, is on leave.

NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert has not completed his investigation into Inglis's contract with Souths, but it is understood the NRL is convinced any third-party deals have been, in effect, guaranteed by the club.
Schubert's investigation into Inglis's contract has widened to include other player contracts at the club and the association between sponsors and the club's celebrity owners, actor Russell Crowe and businessman Peter Holmes a Court.
Crowe recently told a late-night TV show that Inglis would receive $1.8 million over three years.
Schubert's probe follows a letter from a South Sydney fan who has demanded the NRL provide an explanation of how the club can afford to fit one of the world's best forwards, Sam Burgess, Kiwi hooker Issac Luke, Bronco recruit David Taylor and Inglis inside the cap.
The fan, skilled in forensic accounting, has traced the links between certain players and the club's sponsors and owners. He cites quotes from South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson saying on three occasions the Rabbitohs could not sign Inglis because of lack of salary cap space.
He points out Richardson's defence that he was unaware at the time of NRL increases in salary cap allowances is at odds with Souths' website listing these concessions on June 22.

Some of the links the fan has drawn between Inglis, Crowe, sponsors and a rival code could conveniently be listed under the heading conspiracy theory.
One of Inglis's projected third-party sponsors is $50,000 from ANZ Stadium, venue of Souths' home games: Crowe recently narrated a Ben Hur spectacular for ANZ Stadium: ANZ Stadium is managed by a company owned by AFL chairman, Mike Fitzpatrick; AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou announced recently his code would not be pursuing Inglis if his deal with Souths collapsed.
Fitzpatrick has undertaken to remove himself from any conflict-of-interest situations and it's likely the AFL's lack of interest in Inglis is more to do with his unsuitability for the stamina-challenging code.
The Rabbitohs maintain Inglis's contract is back-loaded, meaning that he will receive higher payments in the final years of the deal.
Souths salary cap payments to Inglis in 2011 will be $190,000 plus a car valued at $25,000 and a marquee player allowance of $100,000 with Star City, while the following two years it will be $350,000 a year, plus the car and the marquee allowance.
He has four third-party deals which Souths maintain are outside the cap - $100,000 with an unknown sponsor; two for $25,000 and the $50,000 ANZ Stadium deal.
They claim it is almost the same deal as he agreed with the Broncos, before he walked out of the club following entreaties from Crowe and friend Anthony Mundine.
However, while the Brisbane third-party deals were at arm's length from the club, the NRL believes Inglis's Rabbitohs sponsorships have been effectively guaranteed by Souths. Which raises the question why didn't the Broncos deals follow Inglis to Redfern?

Gee what a credible source Roy Masters is basing his article on. A random fan... that's stooping to new lows.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
One club we know cash rich is the Eels.

I for one would be excited about watching an Inglis Hayne combo form...

Inglis at standoff, Hayne at fullback - how the hell would you structure the defensive line to allow for that?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Which raises the question why didn't the Broncos deals follow Inglis to Redfern?

Journos ask questions like that and a whole heap of premierships from almost every single club would be stripped since the caps inception.
If the NRL was happy to accept the third party deals he had with the Broncos that didn't follow him to Souths, then they should accept ours, if they don't all of a sudden we see where the talk came from about Souths taking the NRL to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.