What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis threatens to join Khoder Nasser

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Everyone gets all hot and bothered.....but as far as Im concerned its the clubs and the fans that make this game great,not the player.

The clubs have been here for up to 100 years,generations of families staying loyal to an area they often dont even live in,spending all there cash just to watch their heroes run around.

These blokes that want to jump ship,I say let them go,they are missing the whole point of this game......working class people supporting working class men.If they wanna be superstars on the world stage playing in a soulless comp in front of strangers for the coin then good bloody riddance,there will always be another local kid chomping at the bit to play for his local team,in front of his mum,dad and friends.

Rant over........

Ever considered changing your username to simple simon?

sooperdooper

First Grade
who wouldnt think inglis would jump ship?
i mean he did on his state.... now will on the code who made him a star.
He would be a star in afl too

God-King Dean

Immortal
" I only have 2 things meng. My word... & my balls. SAY HELLO TO NASSER, MY RITTLE FRIEND ! "

scarface-photo-scarface-6229381.jpg

bartman

Immortal
Ah, Inglis showing he's dumber than the rest.... onya Greg, just stick to what you're good at mate, not this talking thing.

"Choc is a great role model because he's outspoken, he has balls,'' Inglis said.
Well despite everything he says being sh*t.

"And despite all the criticism he's faced, he won't back down to anyone.
That's because he's just stubborn and pig headed, not because he's a good role model.

"Everyone needs to be heard and Choc gets out there and says what he thinks," Inglis added.
Actually no. Not everyone needs to be heard. Especially when they are dumb f**ks like yourself Greg. Some people are quite happy letting their performance on the field speak for itself.

Super League in Australia planted the greed seed, or at the very least fertilised it and watered it. Joey and his demands of the game for his final contract was the blossoming flower, and now we are stuff with all these player-manager svengalis eyeing a quick quid and sneaking in to harvest our crops.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Oh for crying out loud, this is becoming a joke. Dont drag this on for weeks inglis, just get it over and done with already. Do what you have to do.

The Gambler

Juniors
LETS RID THE SALARY CAP!!!

Honestly we are going to have to all get over it. Fact of life, people can make more money elsewhere...we are never going to be able to fix it entirely.

Twigg

Juniors
Greg you are a f*cking noob. Go and sleep with Nasser/Mundine if you want to ruin your career.

We have to stop SBW and co. fast. Or more of this will happen.

Twigg

Juniors
Well...well..and so the Inglis circus starts. Gee he's so dumb.

Inglis open to all offers

By David Beniuk
August 13, 2008 MELBOURNE superstar Greg Inglis says he can understand better than anyone why Sonny Bill Williams and Mark Gasnier jumped ship to French rugby and has declared his own future "up in the air".

In a message sure to send chills down the spines of NRL officials, Inglis - currently regarded as the game's best player - said his family would come first when he comes off contract in 2011.

Asked if he could commit his future to rugby league, Inglis said: "It's always up in the air, isn't it?

"At the end of the day you've got to look after your own backyard.

"Athletes do it to provide their families with their best interests."

Inglis is one of only a handful of out-and-out NRL superstars, two of whom have already sent the game into a spin by signing with French rugby union clubs.

Sonny Bill Williams walked out on his five-year deal with the Bulldogs more than two weeks ago to join Toulon, while the former face of the Rugby League World Cup, Gasnier, has exercised a get-out in his contract with St George Illawarra and will link with Stade Francais after this NRL season.
"Sonny and Gaz, they're two different and separate cases," Inglis said.

"I don't care where they're both coming from but I'm probably one of the few people who do understand where they're both coming from."

Inglis said he was "quite shocked" by Williams' walkout.

"But he has his reasons and everyone's got their opinion on it, but I'm not saying too much more," he said.

Williams, Gasnier, Lockyer and Inglis are among a group of top tier NRL players which perhaps also includes North Queensland's Johnathan Thurston and Melbourne's Cameron Smith.

But Inglis said he didn't expect to feel greater pressure to stay in the 13-man game.

"No, not at all," he said.

"The boys may not talk about it but, it's always in the back of our mind ... what if. What if that happens, what if this happens."

Unlike Williams and Gasnier, the 21-year-old Storm five-eighth has a background in rugby union.

"I enjoyed it as a kid, playing it through high school but trying to crack the elite level of union is another story," he said.

"Whether I'd get bored at club level before I even put a Test jumper on, that's even if I get a chance to do it.

"There's always those possibilities of getting bored at the club level and not enjoying it, not playing your best footy, it could be a long road."

With the player exodus the NRL's most pressing issue, Test captain Lockyer denied he would be heading to English Super League club Huddersfield a year before his contract with Brisbane ends.

Broncos boss Bruno Cullen said, while the club was open to considering any request from a player of Lockyer's stature, he fully expected the champion five-eighth to play under new coach Ivan Henjak next year.

"I'm not saying it's not (the case) but it's that no-one's indicated to me that that's a possibility," Cullen said.

"I'm very much expecting Locky to be with us next year and we'll talk about even beyond that, if there's any possibility, probably in the next off-season."

bartman

Immortal
I love how they all dress it up as their "family coming first" or "setting up their family's future" or "the lifestyle", as if $400K a year isn't enough to do that.

I'd love one of these greedy pricks that is "open to all offers" to just come out and say their own wallet will come first when their next contract comes up. A bit of honesty, hey?

I mean SBW virtually admitted that in his Weidler interview, amongst all the other nonsensical tripe he spouted about bus drivers etc. But no-one has actually put their hand up and said "I'd consider changing footy codes and countries for the money", which is clearly all that pricks like this are interested in.

harmichael

Juniors
I love how they all dress it up as their "family coming first" or "setting up their family's future" or "the lifestyle", as if $400K a year isn't enough to do that.

I'd love one of these greedy pricks that is "open to all offers" to just come out and say their own wallet will come first when their next contract comes up. A bit of honesty, hey?

I mean SBW virtually admitted that in his Weidler interview, amongst all the other nonsensical tripe he spouted about bus drivers etc. But no-one has actually put their hand up and said "I'd consider changing footy codes and countries for the money", which is clearly all that pricks like this are interested in.

i really don't understand what your problem is with players wanting to maximise their career earnings by seeking their market value.

bartman

Immortal
My problem is the hypocrisy, and the lies about it.

My point is they should just come out and say "I want more money than league can give me" and then we wouldn't have all the hysteria we have about raising the salary cap to try and keep each one of them.

Then people could judge them however they like, positively or negatively, but at least they and their player managers would be being honest, and not placing the game in a precarious position by appearing to be making demands of wages that simply don't - and can't - exist in our game or country, based on the pure economics of the situation.

Vossy

Bench
another idiot without a clue..f*ck some of these current young players are stupid..and wtf hasnt the NRL done anything about nasser, he is an unaccredited agent and should be banned from having any contact with players

"Choc is a great role model because he's outspoken, he has balls,'' Inglis said.
OMFG
jhtt93.gif

simon says

First Grade
What I dont get is........if Mundine has these huge balls I keep hearing about,how come he wont get into the ring with any bloke that can put his hands up.

What a riot.........Ive seen bigger balls on a dachsund!!!!

Matt23

Staff member
What I dont get is........if Mundine has these huge balls I keep hearing about,how come he wont get into the ring with any bloke that can put his hands up.
Cos He knows he'll get owned...waits for Mundine apologists to show up and defend "The Man" :roll:

The Dodger

First Grade
If he goes, he goes. I'm over these prima donnas calling for the spotlight.

Good luck to him and Khoder Nasser's rebel stable. Good luck playing a challenging sport.

No dramas these boys following the big coin, but every time they grandstand, and we all scream "Oh noes!!!" we are making them bigger than Rugby League.

I watch Rugby League to watch the team I love play the sport I love. These 'marquee' players are not the focus for us, they are the focus for corporate sponsors. Our game will continue as long as we keep watching.

clap:clap:clap:

can anyone remember the quotes from mundine about how he tries to convince all indigenous playes to play for queensland because he believes nsw are racist and dont select any of them??

thats the funniest shiit i have ever heard come from that kid...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Cos He knows he'll get owned...waits for Mundine apologists to show up and defend "The Man" :roll:

I'm been a Mundine fan from day 1 of his boxing career. But even I know he's fighting nuffies. Better wake up to himself soon. Doesn't have much time left in the sport, & if he keeps fighting these nuffies, I think it's fair to say he's just in it for the $$$.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's about time that players realised that part of their wages is to act as ambassadors for the game and to to do everything in their power to ensure the games image is not damaged. What purpose does this serve other than damaging the rep of the game further? FFS shut up players or talk the game up!

lockyno1

Post Whore
In a way I hope he goes as frankly and I don't care that clubs may die as a result, the salary cap needs to be chucked out. Or at least no restrictions on 3rd party deals. Inglis and those type of players should be on 1-1.5 million a year and they should get their market value. Let the market decide the players wages, and if some clubs have to die well so be it.

Downie

Guest Moderator
clap:clap:clap:

can anyone remember the quotes from mundine about how he tries to convince all indigenous playes to play for queensland because he believes nsw are racist and dont select any of them??

thats the funniest shiit i have ever heard come from that kid...

Maybe he's been in Inglis' ear for some time then ;-)

Latest posts