What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis threatens to join Khoder Nasser

Loudstrat

Coach
In a way I hope he goes as frankly and I don't care that clubs may die as a result, the salary cap needs to be chucked out. Or at least no restrictions on 3rd party deals. Inglis and those type of players should be on 1-1.5 million a year and they should get their market value. Let the market decide the players wages, and if some clubs have to die well so be it.
Broncos first. When News leaves the game, there goes the Broncos lifeline. I'm sure the Crushers can do a Souths, and rise like a phoenix.

Re Inglis, his loyalty is to his own knob.

Anyone wondered why the players that were hyped to the max from an early age are the ones thinking about the switch? Bugger me of Cronk, Smith, Slater or Johnston would be a bigger blow to Melbourne if they left.

And if Inglis wants to join the Nasser camp, after Nassers most recent client is about to have his assets frozen and be thrown into prison after following Nasser's advice, then what does that say about Inglis?

Let 'em go. They are like Keating's line about Downer being like a penny bunger - all fizzle and spark, and then goes out without actually doing anything.

newyboy

Juniors
I really don't mind if players go. Honestly.

Every player in the NRL could go and I'd happily watch NYC. No worries.

I'd be more concerned if all of the clubs were cut and suddely I had to watch NSW Cup or Queensland Cup ... that I probably couldn't take.

That's why I think the focus needs to be on ensuring that clubs and the competition itself are viable, and just let players move on to greener pastures IF THEY CAN FIND THEM. The hunger for these players from overseas sports will eventually be satisfied.

Shrug. If the players want to maximise their earnings and they can, then good luck to them. But they should have the personal integrity to negotiate contracts with clauses that offer them a "get out" or to see out any contracts they sign. It's not rocket science - just be true to your word.

If they want to go, let them go. Clubs should start negotiating clauses in their contracts requiring compensation if a player breaks the contract to play for another club, in another sport, or in another country. If they want to go, let them ... but they have to repay the club for investing in them in the first place.

Anyway, like a lot of other posters, I'm not too interested in the song and dance and I'm definitely NOT interested in the agendas being run by some parties, including parts of the media.

It's the likes of Mathew Johns and Gould going on that the game needs superstars.

In a way I hope he goes as frankly and I don't care that clubs may die as a result, the salary cap needs to be chucked out. Or at least no restrictions on 3rd party deals. Inglis and those type of players should be on 1-1.5 million a year and they should get their market value. Let the market decide the players wages, and if some clubs have to die well so be it.

Outstanding thinking. Based on that I would have to preference Gallop over you as NRL boss.

Special K

Coach
So if Thurston left, I am sure that someone like Ben Barba would replace him in two yrs...does not take long for one talent to be replaced by a new talent.
wasn't that the point?

Someone as good as thurston goes and we are left with someone as bad as ben barba?

Sorry but I really see Barba going the same path as his older brother..