What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe in!!!!!!...he's made it!!!

mickdo

Coach
yy_cheng said:
I don't get this either. There probably will be a chance that he won't pass his medical.
If that tit Hazard is giving it, nothing would surprise me.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
didnt i read in this eels section that he was booked in for back surgery?

well, he probably was!!...stiff sh*t.

he's been playing with a bad back all year, he doesn't train unitl the Thursday before a match because of his condition, and that's how it's been all year, I'm sure Uncle Wayne knows the situation and he wouldn't of been chosen if couldn't compete at the highest level.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it may mean that we may have to go without him for a few weeks if delays the surgery, until he comes back.

small price to pay to represent your country I think.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
you dont mess around with back injuries. If he isnt right to play then he shouldnt.

he knows what he's doing!!...did you read my post????...he's been playing with it all year.

Mr Saab

Referee
eelavation said:
well, he probably was!!...stiff sh*t.

he's been playing with a bad back all year, he doesn't train unitl the Thursday before a match because of his condition, and that's how it's been all year, I'm sure Uncle Wayne knows the situation and he wouldn't of been chosen if couldn't compete at the highest level.

i just asked a question...jeez...dont get so excited :roll:
I am happy he has been selected. Please find a post which advocates i am against it!!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
i just asked a question...jeez...dont get so excited :roll:
I am happy he has been selected. Please find a post which advocates i am against it!!!!!

I didn't say you did, however your starting to question it, based on his back problem, and we're telling you that he's a club rated the "greatest managers of all sorts of injuries" in the comp, best knee surgeon in the land and great physio, don't take my word for it, ask Paul Stringer, Timana Tahu, Nathan Hindmarsh and Eric....if those guys were at other clubs, they would of played half the games they did this year.

Mr Saab

Referee
eelavation said:
I didn't say you did, however your starting to question it, based on his back problem, and we're telling you that he's a club rated the "greatest managers of all sorts of injuries" in the comp, best knee surgeon in the land and great physio, don't take my word for it, ask Paul Stringer, Timana Tahu, Nathan Hindmarsh and Eric....if those guys were at other clubs, they would of played half the games they did this year.

thats right, and it was a fair question dont you think???? Many on here were upset he wasnt selected and alot of the more senior members on here said he was booked in for surgery. I was just seeing if that is the case.
If he passes the medical then fine..i have no dramas.
But dont be upset if (hopefully not mind you) he upsets his back further and misses more than a few games for 2006.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
thats right, and it was a fair question dont you think???? Many on here were upset he wasnt selected and alot of the more senior members on here said he was booked in for surgery. I was just seeing if that is the case.
If he passes the medical then fine..i have no dramas.
But dont be upset if (hopefully not mind you) he upsets his back further and misses more than a few games for 2006.

suits me fine, and I'm sure it'll suit the more "senior members" here ;-)

eelz47

Coach
do eric, the eels manage injuries very well these days, look at stringer

p.s. go eric again

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why are we getting excited?

Sure, I believe his form this year warrants a place in the team.

But will he actually play?

I'd like to say well donw. But I'm not sure he'll get a fair go.

And if he re-injures himself....At least it won't harm us too badly.

We have Reddy and Williams who can comfortably slot in for Guruju's wing spot.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:

As an eel supporter I'm looking beyond the reasons why he was selected and whether or not he actually plays, if you followed his career closely in the last 6 years you'll see why some of us a really happy for him, i think it's also great for his CV, just quietly.

strider

Post Whore
Eelementary said:

Confidence and self esteem....u get picked for the Autralian squad and regardless of whether you actually play, the shot of self belief it will give you can take you to another level....which obviously is a good thing for the club he plays for.

And of course, he's a good guy who deserves a nice reward :D

blackfriday

Juniors
yep i sure am happy for the best winger in the world. but somehow i think the only way he'll get a test jumper will be serious injuries. wayne bennett would rather pick darren smith first, of course.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:

The benefit of playing and training with some of the best players Australai has to offer has far reaching effects - not just to the player but to the club from which he comes from as well through different techniques etc. Since Hindy has become a permanent member of the Australian side and more importantly a senior member his game has gone to the next level.

Suitman

Post Whore
What sh*ts me the most about this is (and I want you all to put your bias aside for one minute) is that the player who should have been picked is Jamie Lyon.
I know I'm going to get torn apart here, but that is exactly what he has been doing to the poms all season.
If he still isn't the best centre in the world, I'm a bad judge.

So, he changed clubs and did the dirty on Parra. I despise him for it too. But it hasn't diminished his ability one bit.

Suity

planeteels

Juniors
Long Overdue because the bloke has put his head down and his bum up after contemplating the possibility of giving the game away. He turned his back on that decision. Came back to Parra and pulled the proverbial Finger out of his bum and asked for Help to get him back into the swing of things.

Many players have struggled in the past and battled on.... but only a handful of them turned it around so much that they earnt a spot in the National side.

This bloke has so much pressure on him it ain't funny... Players like Johns and Lockyer get the pressure because they are quality but Guru had pressure years before he even laced up a boot. And this is just desserts for his work.

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
What sh*ts me the most about this is (and I want you all to put your bias aside for one minute) is that the player who should have been picked is Jamie Lyon.
I know I'm going to get torn apart here, but that is exactly what he has been doing to the poms all season.
If he still isn't the best centre in the world, I'm a bad judge.

So, he changed clubs and did the dirty on Parra. I despise him for it too. But it hasn't diminished his ability one bit.

Suity

Bias aside, he made the decision to go to England. If he wants to be selected for Australia then he needs to be in the NRL rather than the ESL. It would have set a big precedent to be selected from the ESL given that players as far back as Brian Bevan and further were never picked from England to play for Australia. He'll have his chance in 2007 IF he comes back.....

Latest posts