What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group F Matches (Brazil, Croatia, Japan)

Yeah good call, so I'm guessing all of the referees who book guys for diving must also be football bandwagoners, because hell, everyone does it :lol: crawl back into your hole.

An41

Juniors
you dis credit a team because they take a dive, If the roos took a dive you wouldn't say a word.

Bumble

First Grade
To be honest, I've never seen the national team of Montserrat take a dive.

They play the game hard and fair.

Bob8

Juniors
Croatia are a weak team, the weakest from Europe, and Australia can make a strong point by beating them.

Also, by getting to the second round Australia will make me look good at work, as I said it might well happen.

Macca_

Coach
Kick off - 5am Friday EST. (Delayed on SBS at 7am)

Table -

Brazil - 6 points, GD +3 (3-0)
Australia - 3 points, GD 0 (3-3)
Croatia - 1 point, GD -1 (0-1)
Japan - 1 point, GD -2 (1-3)

If Croatia draw with Australia, Japan need to beat Brazil by 3 goals to jump us. Won't matter, as the Aussies will win.

*edit* had Japan/Croatia result as 1-1 instead of 0-0.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Macca_ said:
Kick off - 5am Friday EST. (Delayed on SBS at 7am)

Table -

Brazil - 6 points, GD +3 (3-0)
Australia - 3 points, GD 0 (3-3)
Croatia - 1 point, GD -1 (0-1)
Japan - 1 point, GD -2 (1-3)

If Croatia draw with Australia, Japan need to beat Brazil by 2 goals to jump us. Won't matter, as the Aussies will win.

Japan's for and against is 1-3. They drew nil nil with Croatia. Croatia's F/A is still only 0-1.

Japan would need to beat Brazil by 3 goals if we draw is how I understand it, as we beat them in head to head. I'm confused though.

Not going to happen anyway, even though they say anything can happen in football ;-)

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Brazil's 2nd team should make this a push over with guys like Fred, Robinho, Juninho and Ciccinho who would walk into most other international teams.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ronaldo ties things up at 1 all after Japan took the lead

Misanthrope

Staff member
Personally I'd rather not have to rely on Brazil to decide our future. If we can't beat the Croatians with the amount of ball and field position we've got - we'll get murdered by Italy

Frederick

Staff member
True, but seeings as they're both being played at the same time, it's better for us if Brazil are in command at all times. Unless we take a commanding lead in this one, and go to a 2 or 3 goal lead, then Japan can go for their lives

Misanthrope

Staff member
They need a 4-1 win from here to make it a problem for us. Surely Brazil won't choke that hard?

Latest posts