What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grub Hindmarsh a protected species

skeepe

Immortal
Video saves Hindmarsh's Origin

May 07, 2007
INCONCLUSIVE television footage has saved Parramatta forward Nathan Hindmarsh from being suspended for New South Wales's opening State of Origin game.

Match review committee chairman Greg McCullum revealed Hindmarsh was lucky to escape censure for striking Sydney Roosters player Anthony Minichiello on Saturday.

The committee called upon extra camera angles for Hindmarsh's apparent strike of Minichiello – which could have resulted in a two to three game ban – but all views were obscured at point of contact.

"He came over the top and appeared to strike Minichiello with a forearm but the video is inconclusive as to the point of contact," said McCullum.

"The incident looked pretty ordinary. We got all the additional angles and there was an obstructed view of the point of contact."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21688216-23214,00.html

Oh how convenient :roll:

One rule for some, one rule for others it seems. This overrated hack should be sitting down for three weeks plus. Terrible hit.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Grub, overrated hack :lol:. Best backrower in the NRL is a grubby overrated hack :lol:.

You're a clown mate. Did you even see the incident? Because they sure didn't.

skeepe

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Alan Tongue:lol:

Can't wait to Origin time and see Tongue not there:lol:

It'll be just another example of the disgraceful bias against Canberra should it happen, as it inevitably will.

But this thread is not about that... do you agree that Hindmarsh should be allowed to go around striking players as he pleases and getting off scot-free?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
skeepe said:
It'll be just another example of the disgraceful bias against Canberra should it happen, as it inevitably will.

But this thread is not about that... do you agree that Hindmarsh should be allowed to go around striking players as he pleases and getting off scot-free?

Tongue is crap:lol:

If he hit him then why was he not suspended?

Danish

Referee
TBH I left this game pretty early (can you blame me? ) and refused to watch any replays...

When did this incident occur?? Any chance of a gif??

It doesnt surprise me to see hindmarsh get off a charge. I seem to recall him being let off of the most text book grapple tackle of all time based purely on a letter from Morley saying he felt no pressure on his neck (funny that since he missed the next 3 tackles being attended to by a trainer to get his breath back). Conveniently that was around SOO too.

Cammo

Bench
I'd say it was sour grapes but Skeepe is not even a Roosters supporter.

Hindmarsh is one of the last people you could consider overrated

Tizzun

Juniors
I doubt the match review committee would take Hindmarsh missing origin into account when deciding to censure him, if it made it too the judiciary thats another story...

dubby

Bench
I think Hindy is over rated. Sure he makes alot of tackles and works hard, but methinks his recognition comes from a hideous head, revealing shorts line and that Blue and Gold jersey.

Put him in a green one and he would go by unnoticed.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
dubby said:
I think Hindy is over rated. Sure he makes alot of tackles and works hard, but methinks his recognition comes from a hideous head, revealing shorts line and that Blue and Gold jersey.

Put him in a green one and he would go by unnoticed.

No one notices them because they're sh*t.

Did you watch the Canberra vs Parra game?:lol: flicked aside your mob like a piece of sh*t.

Hindmarsh is the best backrower in the world.

Johns Magic

Referee
skeepe said:

:|

:shock:

:lol:

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OH MY GOD!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Skeepe, you're a completely biased and cynical old fool, without a clue. Even if the entire Raiders squad played Origin(thank f**k they won't, because they're useless), you'd find something to complain about.

You were born to be a Raiders fan.

:lol: :lol:

dubby

Bench
Fair Dinkum.

If brains were chocolate, RJ and Jm wouldn't have enough to fill an M&M.

You guys are hopeless.

The Colonel

Immortal
Canberra fans should give up what ever jobs they have and go into comedy. No, seriously, the career move would be great.

Did either of you see the incident or are you going off the newspaper report?

I'd be more worried about the 46 points that were scored against my team than what is happening at another. :lol:

Cammo

Bench
Geez what is it with the Canberra fans here? Trying to deflect from their own teams on field performances by picking on one of the best forwards in the game today.

Johns Magic

Referee
Cammo said:
Geez what is it with the Canberra fans here? Trying to deflect from their own teams on field performances by picking on one of the best forwards in the game today.

As I said before, they were just born that way.

Destined to be losers

dubby

Bench
Are we not allowed to have an opinion of our own? Or must we conform to the rest of the LU army?

No one is trying to "deflect" anything or taking up comedy.

Maybe you should just shut the heck up!

Latest posts