What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gymea Hotel re-opening soon FYI

Generalzod

Immortal
Being a resident of Gymea it's good to see that the Gymea Hotel is nearly finished..There just applying the final touches the TAB is already open.
At least I won't have to travel far for a pokie fix...

Gymea Growler

Juniors
Generalzod said:
Being a resident of Gymea it's good to see that the Gymea Hotel is nearly finished..There just applying the final touches the TAB is already open.
At least I won't have to travel far for a pokie fix...
Ya gotta luv the place :D

wazzashark

Juniors
Can't wait.... use to be my favourite stomping ground for a few quiet bourbons.....

Was there the night it burnt down, they had to kick us out when they were closing.....

Me and my mates have been waiting for it to be re-opened ever since.....

groggo

Juniors
wazzashark said:
Can't wait.... use to be my favourite stomping ground for a few quiet bourbons.....

Was there the night it burnt down, they had to kick us out when they were closing.....

Me and my mates have been waiting for it to be re-opened ever since.....

i sugguest a jaunt once it has opened again then wazzashark

Quigs

Immortal
AAArrrrhhhh Mem'ries,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were

Like the time Sluggo started drinking those damm fangle new diet Millers stubbies cause the Doc told him to loose some wieght and watch what he drank, so Sluggo kept his empties on the end of the bar - he'd stop counting at 18.

Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

Like the time old Bullah beat Steg McAlpine (Steve went on to be a Sharks Reserve Gde Halfback ) in the food eating contest in the Beer Garden.... Bullah grabbed an Emperor Gum Moth in flight and devoured the poor insect in one gulp.... that one action trumped Stegs insects and bugs from assorted bushes

Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?

Like the time Vincie Looney fell off the small stage in the Lounge Bar as he was hitting the high notes singing his own version of "Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa"

Mem'ries, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
the way we were...

May the ghosts of Old Vic the gentleman, Kev Buchannan and every other old pisshead that made my entry into the world of ale consumption in a public bar so memorable, .....to all the old barmaids that shared our Chow Take Aways every Thursday night, which were consumed from containers on the main bar....may they all enjoy the reopening of the fine hostillery

AAAAArrrrhhhhh memories....

"and f**k the Pokies - ship em all down to the Kremlin"

AAAArrrh the Kremlin, that is another story..... Quigs, 16 years old, member No 546, thanks Mr Sparkes..... Billy Baker... Toni Camilleri....

AAArrrrhhhh Mem'ries,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were

"A schoooneer of New - sh*t Joanie, have a look at that, if it had a bigger farkcan head it would talk"

Cheers
Declared idiot #88
Quigs

groggo

Juniors
friday arvo catching the train from redfern

sitting in the bar having a schooner of swamp water

my mate shows up a few more swampies then off to his place for another 100

then back to the bar sunday a couple more then back to redfern

now memories since being resident

coming home friday nite going to the drive thru getting our weekend supplies and driving off for another great weekend

bring back the drive thru i miss it heheh

Quigs

Immortal
Groggo

Great memories, but mate it was "a drive Through" it was Australian back then.... well it was up until I left the Shire in the late 70's.

The thru's came out here with the Colonels drippin chicken.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

groggo

Juniors
drive thru bottle o

quigs ya tart

i love the idea of not having to do much to get my weekend supply drive thru

/ drive in

blessid be me gymea pub bring back the drive thru its been a bitch since its been gorn

SirShire

First Grade
Fugg Gymea you gronks

Northies LIFT LIFT LIFT. This isn't 1976. Gymea Pub was a the joke of the Shire in its formative years. Vinyl Room had a bigger and better crowd than that dive. For the punters that want to make Gymea pub the new Coyts on Thursdays, it just wont happen. Let it go. Nothing past Carmens is on.

I recommend Sting Bar for Thursdays from now on. Give it a shot. Even the ol Caringbah Inn is goood for a few, but not the new fuggen Gymea.

PS the new orange decor is TERRIBLE. It looks like Mango jam on pingers. The older crew would be mortified

The Nulla

Juniors
SirShire said:
Fugg Gymea you gronks

Northies LIFT LIFT LIFT. This isn't 1976. Gymea Pub was a the joke of the Shire in its formative years. Vinyl Room had a bigger and better crowd than that dive. For the punters that want to make Gymea pub the new Coyts on Thursdays, it just wont happen. Let it go. Nothing past Carmens is on.

I recommend Sting Bar for Thursdays from now on. Give it a shot. Even the ol Caringbah Inn is goood for a few, but not the new fuggen Gymea.

PS the new orange decor is TERRIBLE. It looks like Mango jam on pingers. The older crew would be mortified

:lol: I love all post Sunday Northies drunken slurs

carcharias

Immortal
I'd rather eat my own shyte than go to Northies.

I have never been to a more pretentious, souless and militarised drinking establishment in all my life.

You young merkins missed the real Northies...before the rebuild.
Upstairs for a root
Downstairs for a fight....simple.

Gymea is a top little place.
The pub will be great...I'm there.

carcharias

Immortal
gunnamatta bay said:
Why didnt northies at least go on the 1st floor so you could see the beach etc?

Good question.
all I know is when I go to take a piss I dont need to be looking at myself in the mirror while pissing.

Macca

Coach
carcharias said:
I'd rather eat my own shyte than go to Northies.

I have never been to a more pretentious, souless and militarised drinking establishment in all my life.

You young merkins missed the real Northies...before the rebuild.
Upstairs for a root
Downstairs for a fight....simple.

Gymea is a top little place.
The pub will be great...I'm there.

Ahh the old Northies . . . I had my first ever night on the piss there.

I was 15 and my oldest brother Dave and 2 of his lady friends took me along with them. Up the stairs I went where the massive maori bouncer was waiting for me. Just as I got near the two girls grabbed an arm of mine each, "ID ladies" he said as I just kept walking past.

Details will forever be sketchy from that point on but it was a magnificent night. The funniest part would have been when I was dancing with some chick and she asked me to go for a "walk along the beach". Now as a 15 year old I had no idea what that meant so I replied, "No thanks I wanna stay here and try to pick up." Bahahahahaha, little did I know I already had.

I remember the blood pit downstairs too, I had my first punt in that tab. I also remember my brother telling me to stop beating the bikies at pool. Ha Ha, if this pub at Gymea is anything like the old Northies then I will be there for sure. Really, I just hope it has a cool beer garden.

Why is there only one pub in Cronulla?
Why is there only one pub in the entire Shire that is acceptable for young people?

Does anyone on here know about the transfer of liquor licences between locations?

What would be required to shut down an underperforming hotel, in say, Sutherland or Mortdale (just as examples) and relocate, using that licence and the pokie licences, to Cronulla?