What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haddin

Y2Eel

First Grade
Want to re-phrase that again..you see the sitter he dropped against Hogg...or the missed run-out...they are dead basics to being a test keeper. Sure Haddin is past it, but proclaiming Wade as the 2nd coming of God and a GOOD keeper is pushing it.

People on here may not love Tim Paine but I have a feeling they are waiting for Paine to be fit.

I think the Aus selectors have moved on from Paine..

Hallatia

Referee
Watson 'feels sorry' for Haddin
By Ed Jackson
February 15, 2012

Shane Watson says selectors need to clarify whether Brad Haddin has been dropped or rested from Australia's one-day team.

The 34-year-old wicketkeeper was again left out of Australia's 14-man squad for Friday's clash with Sri Lanka at the SCG and Sunday's match with India in Brisbane, increasing speculation he's been axed in favour of Victoria's Matthew Wade.

And Watson, who is making his comeback from the calf injury which ruled him out of the Test summer alongside Haddin in this week's Sheffield Shield clash for NSW against Western Australia, says it's unfair to leave his team-mate's status in the air.

"I actually feel really sorry for Brad at the moment. He's been left in a bit of limbo unfortunately," Watson said.

"He doesn't know which way he's going, whether he's being rested or dropped ... someone who's played an important role over the last five years in all forms of the game for Australia I think definitely deserves to be told either way what his future holds.

"If I was in that same situation, I'd be pretty disappointed."

Watson says Haddin is far from finished at international level and the uncertainty over his position might be part of the reason he's struggled to find form for Australia in recent months.

"It's important for him just to know which direction he's going," Watson said.

"There's no doubt that I think he's still got a fair bit of cricket left in him. He's a very talented cricketer - he's still very fit and hungry.

"I think this mental burden that's there of not knowing either way has maybe taken its toll a little bit."
Sauce

Hallatia

Referee
Ricky Ponting believes Brad Haddin has been told he's been dropped, not rested, from Australia's squad
By Peter Lalor
February 16, 2012

Stand-in skipper Ricky Ponting believes Brad Haddin has been given an explanation by the national selectors of where he stands and it is only the public who has been left in the dark.

The issue of the wicketkeeper’s "resting" has continued to burn this week with former skipper Steve Waugh expressing surprise at Haddin's continued omission from the side and then Shane Watson saying he thought his teammate had been treated poorly.

When the selectors claimed Haddin was resting for the first three matches of the one-day series, Haddin came out and said in his mind he had been dropped.

It now appears the selectors have confirmed this to him but not anyone else after Haddin was left out for Australia's next two matches.

Ponting said the keeper, who has been replaced by Matthew Wade for the ODI series, has been kept in the loop by the selectors.

"I think he actually has been given that, face-to-face,” said Ponting, who will act as Australia’s stand-in skipper in Friday's ODI against Sri Lanka at the SCG.

"That's my understanding of it all.

"He's been told, his position has been rock solid all the way through. He hasn't changed anything. What he had to say when he was left out of the first game is exactly what he's saying now."

Ponting said he did not know why the public and media were told that Haddin was being rested and not dropped.

"I can't answer that. I've got no idea why the communication has been the way it has been to the media but I know Brad's stance hasn't changed from day dot," he said.

Ponting said he had no problem with communication between players and selectors.

"The communication I've had with selectors since this new panel's been in place, to me directly, has been very good," he said.

"I've been out of the loop in the last few months and not being the captain ... I'm not exactly sure of the way the communication's been between players on the outside or players coming in or out. I really can't answer that question."

As for Haddin, Ponting wished him the best in this weekend's Sheffield Shield match for NSW against WA.

"He’s got a week where hopefully he’s not answering those questions anymore and he can get a really good Sheffield Shield game under his belt, score some runs, take some catches, and come out of this week a lot happier guy than he is at the moment," he said.
Sauce

aussies1st

Staff member
He clearly didn't know where he stood at the start of the series. I would hope he does now however and given Haddin hasn't come out to the media I suspect he does.

aussies1st

Staff member
CRICKET AUSTRALIA has acknowledged it needs to improve communication between national selectors and the public after the drawn-out saga over Brad Haddin's omission from the ODI side.

It's taken 19 days but CA yesterday confirmed Haddin had indeed been dropped, as the wicketkeeper had suggested in a radio interview on January 31, rather than rested from the tri-series.

The confusion came as CA is trying to consolidate the success the Big Bash League had in winning new fans to the game.
Advertisement: Story continues below

While CA is happy with the improved communication between selectors and players, after the issues with the previous Andrew Hilditch-led administration, chief executive James Sutherland said John Inverarity's panel needed to lift its game regarding how it broadcast its selections to the public.

After saying Haddin had been rested from the first three tri-series matches, Inverarity gave no explanation this week as to why the 34-year-old had again been overlooked in favour of Matthew Wade for yesterday's match in Sydney and tomorrow's game in Brisbane.

''We're not comfortable with the level of uncertainty and public discussion on this particular matter,'' Sutherland said. ''If there are things that need to be made clearer in the public place and they're not then they're things we need to improve,'' he said. ''We owe that to cricket fans and the country. Looking back on it, something clearly has gone awry.''

The lack of access to former selection chairman Hilditch frustrated journalists, particularly towards the end of his tenure, and it's understood Inverarity does not consider speaking to the media as a part of his brief.

Sutherland stressed that Ryan Harris was not being rested despite the Queensland paceman's claims earlier this week that he was not injured.

''Ryan Harris is out of the side because he's not fit to perform and I'm not privy to the exact conversations that have been had but there's obviously a combination of things there, as John Inverarity has talked about, but I don't think it's right to say that he's just simply rested because that's just not true,'' Sutherland said.

Inverarity is likely to address the media next week to announce Australia's squad for upcoming matches in Hobart and Sydney.

Sutherland also expressed CA's disappointment at Channel Nine's decision to broadcast the first-round NRL game between Parramatta and Brisbane, on March 2, on its primary channel in Sydney and Brisbane rather than Australia's clash with Sri Lanka.

''My view is that cricket is an international sport, it's the Australian cricket team playing in that match in the Commonwealth Bank one-day series and the Australian cricket team should be the priority, that's my view,'' Sutherland said.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/ca-admits-botch-job-on-haddin-dumping-20120217-1ted1.html

yappy

Bench
He was done in South Africa. Said all along Wade would take to international cricket just fine, and he'll only get better over then next 5 years.

Hadds isn't even the best keeper at his Grade side anymore.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/outoffavour-haddins-form-slump-hits-rock-bottom-in-shield-20120219-1th9e.html

Out-of-favour Haddin's form slump hits rock bottom in Shield..
February 20, 2012

ipad-art-wide-Brad-Haddin-420x0.jpg

Lean trot … Brad Haddin scored a dreaded ''pair''. Photo: Getty Images

DUMPED Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin made his second duck of the match as NSW's woes continued in the Sheffield Shield clash against Western Australia.
The Blues were humiliated by an innings and 323 runs after being dismissed for 146 in their second innings yesterday.
Haddin, dumped from Australia's one-day team after a poor run of form, hardly made a case for selectors to recall the 34-year-old as he was caught and bowled by Michael Beer, part of a three-wicket spell to the former Test spinner.
WA had declared their first innings at 3-560, a 469-run first-innings lead, after opener Liam Davis brought up his maiden first-class triple hundred. Davis, who finished on 303 not out, reached the milestone when Timm van der Gugten dropped him on the boundary and the ball went over the rope.
Davis's knock came from 524 balls with 41 fours and six sixes and he shared a 379-run third-wicket stand with Adam Voges (178).
The Blues were 1-54 when Usman Khawaja (17), Shane Watson (31), Haddin (0), Ben Rohrer (0) and Stephen O'Keefe (1) all fell inside 20 runs to leave them reeling at 6-73.
Nathan Hauritz top-scored for NSW with 44 as Beer took 7-46.
Meanwhile, Kevin Pietersen scored his first one-day international century in more than three years as England took an unassailable 3-0 lead in the four-match series against Pakistan with an emphatic nine-wicket win in Dubai on Saturday.
Pietersen hit 111 not out off 98 balls, the first time he had passed 50 on England's tour of the UAE, as Alastair Cook's side turned the tables on Pakistan who had beaten the tourists 3-0 in the Test series.
Cook fell 20 short of scoring his third consecutive ODI century but put on 170 with Pietersen for the best opening stand by England against Pakistan.
A target of 223 was never in doubt despite Cook falling to a catch behind off Saeed Ajmal.
Eoin Morgan helped Pietersen make his first three-figure score since his knock against India in November 2008, and closed out the match with 76 balls to spare.
Steven Finn and Stuart Broad did the damage as they took three wickets apiece after their fine early bursts had Pakistan at 4-50.
''This ranks right up there,'' Pietersen said. ''This Pakistan team is a fantastic cricket team. Our bowlers are phenomenal. Steven Finn - brilliant. Broad, Anderson, Patel - the guys have bowled fantastically well. When you have a team like that, the batsmen only have to do a half-decent job.''

Agencies

beads6

First Grade
Invers has come out today and said they intend to take both Haddin and Wade on the tour of the Windies.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
They'll probably give Hadds the first test to do something..

I'd say Wade will be the main man by the end of the tour..

Hadds is "walking the mile"..

Latest posts