What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hadley

parra pete

Referee
Eelementary said:
Man, I can see why Lyon walked out on Brian...

Not saying it's the right way, but I can certainly see how Smith would piss people off.

Can't follow those statements. Is it because the team was beaten by the Bronco's and Newcastle?? Is it because he signed with Newcastle about a month after the Eels appointed another coach?
Don't take it so hard, it's only a game!!!!!
Look at the disruptions to the Eels on Sunday. If the Bronco's had as many disruptions how would have they fared.?
Its Round three...start whinging and whining if the Eels are struggling after round 13. Until then, enjoy it..don't take it so seriously. I've been there, done that. All it get you is nervous disposition, living on the edge all the time.

IMO the Eels are better off without a bloke not prepared to endure the hard times. I would be really pissed off if Lyon came back to Parramatta....
Get in the trenches with the players. It is when the going is tough the Club needs YOUR support.

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
[/b]

Can't follow those statements. Is it because the team was beaten by the Bronco's and Newcastle?? Is it because he signed with Newcastle about a month after the Eels appointed another coach?
Don't take it so hard, it's only a game!!!!!
Look at the disruptions to the Eels on Sunday. If the Bronco's had as many disruptions how would have they fared.?
Its Round three...start whinging and whining if the Eels are struggling after round 13. Until then, enjoy it..don't take it so seriously. I've been there, done that. All it get you is nervous disposition, living on the edge all the time.

IMO the Eels are better off without a bloke not prepared to endure the hard times. I would be really pissed off if Lyon came back to Parramatta....
Get in the trenches with the players. It is when the going is tough the Club needs YOUR support.

No no no...

I'm putting myself in Cayless and Morris' shoes...

As for Cayless: "I'm the captain, and would rather be dropped than come from the bench..."

As for Morris: "I'm the 5/8 - drop me if you're not going to play me."

Instead, Smithy plays these mind games...

He tries to be way too clever...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I reckon he will come back to us, his best mater after all is Dennis....and im sure over a wine Dennie may let out a few secrets, or perhaps a few bullsh*t stories lol

Stagger eel

Staff member
even if it came from Hardley himself, I do believe there maybe a little substance the story.

we usually refer that substance as bullsh*t.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Totally agree with elementry, just bogus, once i saw the changes i put my head in my hands and thought Brisbane by how much, didn't even listen to the game on radio after the announcement either.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ray is prety credible imo

He broke the story that Cannings was coming to us before even Manly knew, he also has.....and maintains his story that Lyon walked out because of Smith, his story has never changed and if it wasn't the case how come Dennis wont clear the idea and clarify what the letter said? must of said something as Dennis did recieve a letter!

strider

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
Ray is prety credible imo

He broke the story that Cannings was coming to us before even Manly knew, he also has.....and maintains his story that Lyon was walkied oiut because of Smith, his story has never changed and if it wasn't the case how come Dennie wont clear the idea and clarify what the letter said? must of said something as Dennie did recieve a letter!

hmmmm - seems raaaaaay knows all about waht goes on in relation to manly related matters .... hmmmmm - seems to have alot of buddies involved there too :-k

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
Totally agree with elementry, just bogus, once i saw the changes i put my head in my hands and thought Brisbane by how much, didn't even listen to the game on radio after the announcement either.

I know!

I thought, "OK, without Tahu and Grothe we may be competitive..."

Then I saw that our starting 5/8 and captain were on the bench...And I thought, "No way we're going to win this..."

the boys nearly proved me wrong - then Master Coach Smith hooks our star player, and everything crumbled from then...

lucablight

First Grade
Avenger said:
Ben Smith had a year similar to Graham in 03. I just think he may be too slow for the centres.

I was actually surprised at his pace. I remember last year against the Dragons when we beat them by 40 odd Smith knocked the ball out of someones grasp and ran the entire field to score.

Avenger

Immortal
lucablight said:
I was actually surprised at his pace. I remember last year against the Dragons when we beat them by 40 odd Smith knocked the ball out of someones grasp and ran the entire field to score.

Cooper was chasing. He had a bad hammy that game. Ben Smith is slow, trust me.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Lay off Ben!

He plays best along Grothe - he played alongside Grothe in Round 1 where very few players actually played well.

In Rounds 2 and 3 he's had to play alongside Petersen - no offence to him, but not in the same league as Grothe.

btaag

Juniors
I hated Jaime for his betrayal, and was ready to boo him when he came to Parramatta in Manly colours, but I must be honest, if he returns, all is forgiven - with loads of caveats!!! Like in relationships, the level of trust wouldnt be there, but he is too talented to not want him back.

I remain almost certain that save for salary cap reasons (orford), Manly will have him in 2007.

From what the papers say, Ben Smith is Newcastel bound anyway.:(

Eelementary

Post Whore
I sincerely find it hard to believe that, IF he did come back, and he made a public apology which was heart-felt...I find it hard to believe people wouldn't welcome him back.

If he came back and said, "Look, I was young, confused and upset, and I'm sorry," I know I would forgive him - it's understandable.

People don't always get along with other people.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if he's deadseat fairdinkum, he'll come on our terms and give him what we believe his worth not what he wants..

see what happens.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
if he's deadseat fairdinkum, he'll come on our terms and give him what we believe his worth not what he wants..

see what happens.

eela my friend. He is twice the player that Ben Smith or Delaney is. If he wants to come back we get him back. Good people always forgive.

PB

Bench
Eelementary said:
Man, I can see why Lyon walked out on Brian...

Not saying it's the right way, but I can certainly see how Smith would piss people off.

What a crock of crap!

Lyon was the first player picked every week, no questions asked. He was never in the dark, he always new what position he was playing and it was the position he wanted to play!

He always claimed there was no problem between he and Smith, but if he left because he didn't get along with one person, Well he ain't going to come back to a club where several people aren't going to like him, not to mention some supporters.

Does anyone really think that Dennis would tell Big mouth Ray anything?! I don't think even Denis is that stupid. And that is the only way he would find out anything at our club, because noone else likes him.

On top of that, Hagan wasn't supposed to be talking with our club yet about retention and buying for next year, so why and who would be looking to sign him?

Avenger

Immortal
If you think that Hagan has not already spoken to Parra about recruitment and retention, you are seriously naive.

And I say this with the utmost respect.

PB

Bench
Well can you call Ken Conway, cause he'll be pi##sed!

But if you have heard the discussions, can you tell us who they are thinking of keeping?

You sound like Ray Hadley saying things like that!

...with all due respect...

Latest posts