What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hadley

colmac75

Juniors
If Lyon does resign and starts carving up like he does in England, You watch and see how many people forget what he did.... hahahahahah

strider

Post Whore
colmac75 said:
If Lyon does resign and starts carving up like he does in England, You watch and see how many people forget what he did.... hahahahahah

i won't ... nerrr nerrr ......... i am an elephant - i never forget

parra pete

Referee
colmac75 said:

Not me. ever ever ever. Can't stand people who turn their backs on mates..In sport, life or anything. Life is more about winning. Life is about getting up after you have been knocked down.

Smartman

Juniors
PB said:
Willie Mason is a brilliant player, but i sure as hell wouldn't want to see him in blue and gold.

Nor would Willie himself want to wear those colours.......

Hurriflatch

Referee
Of Course Mason wouldn't want to play for Parra

At Parramatta you actually have to act civilised or you'll get fired

bartman

Immortal
Well spotted article Colonel.

I was going to add to this thread to say the talk over here is (hoping?) Jamie stays with St Helens, and he's certainly not ruling it out yet.

Don't know whether I'd trust a Ray Hadley scoop, and I suspect this could just be the latest wave in Lyon and whoever manages him getting his name out their, to fan the flames of interest and make the highest offers possible come in before they decide for sure?

bartman

Immortal
I'm not the anti-tampering apsect is a big enough worry to go to this much trouble though... if a player knows what he wants to do next season, he can just wait until July 1 and negotiate and sign a deal.

It wouldn't mean Manly have approached him beforehand, or earlier on when they shouldn't have. Maybe Jamie at one point just decided that he wanted to play there, and so has been forced into waiting until he was free from his Parramatta contract before he could legally sigtn up and do it? And if they didattempt to tamper, then it's a non-story because Parra have cleverly made them wait until Jamie was legally entitled to go to them or any other NRL anyway...?

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
I doubt he will return. However why are we not rushing in re-signing Ben Smith.

Both sides don't seem to be in any rush at present...... media suggests that the contract has been tabled.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ray is a happy with Parra now, Hagan is coming Brian is going...why would Hadley cause sh*t?

He's coming to Parra, if Lyon has a heart he'll come back and redeam himself.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
That "Lyon may stay at Saints" is a load of rubbish to make his image look good, his girlfriend and son don't even want to be there.

Just wondering who actually knows what happened when Jamie left? Apart from rumours there's been no word from Jamie, Brian Smith or anyone else as to what really happened. Look at it from the other side, he was only 21 / 22 at the time and if whatever happened was bad enough to make him feel he had to leave, then maybe it's the club you should be mad at.

I don't think it's fair to brand him a lying, cheating, scumbag over an incident that nobody even knows what actually happened. I'd be more than happy to see him come back to make up for what he did, because he's absolute class and despite popular belief, Ben Smith will never be as good as him.

PB

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
Just wondering who actually knows what happened when Jamie left? Apart from rumours there's been no word from Jamie, Brian Smith or anyone else as to what really happened. Look at it from the other side, he was only 21 / 22 at the time and if whatever happened was bad enough to make him feel he had to leave, then maybe it's the club you should be mad at.

I don't think it's fair to brand him a lying, cheating, scumbag over an incident that nobody even knows what actually happened. ....

Whilst i agree that the no one knows exactly why he left, if it was not his fault, why is it to a man nobody ever stuck up for him? If he is (was) such a good bloke, & valued team member, i don't remember anyone ever standing up to defend him...

Stagger eel

Staff member
PB said:
Whilst i agree that the no one knows exactly why he left, if it was not his fault, why is it to a man nobody ever stuck up for him? If he is (was) such a good bloke, & valued team member, i don't remember anyone ever standing up to defend him...

maybe because the people that should of stuck to him were the ones who offered the bad advice to the kid to do what he did..;-) like dirty rats, they'll lie low in public while they're your best friend in private..

or maybe I'm just reading too much into it..