What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hagan's Sour grapes

Tommax25

Bench
The Eagles do seem to be in the running for a lot of players that come onto the market...

theres a reason, bell is gone for absolutely certain, he is on a fair bit, menzies most likely will be retired and though he wouldnt be on a huge amount, he'd be on a bit, better than average id say, just, and they released vaeleki mid-season..so there a fair bit right there, then you got others coming off contract who may not be retained (especially if the club is signing replacements), im not sure whos off exactly but id imagine bryant, rose would be among those not to stay, maybe some more, so there is plenty of room under the cap

Tommax25

Bench
You really think any of those guys will wear either the sky blue or Kangaroos jersey more than once or twice at best in their careers?

watmough will play origin and test footy again, and glenn stewart I could see in nsw selection at some stage

Misty Bee

First Grade
Originally Posted by Jatz Crackers
No, he just improves what he has at his disposal.

Like Vaealiki?

Hasler sucessfully turned Lyon from Man of Steel to Marshmallow Man

Like Vaealiki?

Hasler sucessfully turned Lyon from Man of Steel to Marshmallow Man

Vliki was here for what felt like 2 weeks (from the SL) and injured for part of it.

Lyon (also from SL) has rept since he got back.

You put up some farkin stupid sh!t arguments.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Vliki was here for what felt like 2 weeks (from the SL) and injured for part of it.

Lyon (also from SL) has rept since he got back.

You put up some farkin stupid sh!t arguments.

He didnt deserve it though...

Watmough is nothing Glann Stuart wont make SOO

Brett is the only Rep player in the manly side... Mr Knee Kite Should make the next SOO side...

effnic

Bench
Robertson rep quality? I've heard it all now :lol:

Robbo to join tartan army

Jason Avedissian
30 May 2008

A WISE decision to cut short his career at the Raiders in 2005 will now see Manly winger Michael Robertson play in the World Cup this year.

The 25-year-old's late grandfather, Robert Robertson, was born in Scotland before settling in Australia.

The ancestry allows Robertson to represent Scotland in this year's end-of-season World Cup in Australia.

``My grandfather was proud of his heritage and I am really excited about getting the chance to represent him and my family,'' the ex-Raiders winger said ahead of tonight's round 12 NRL clash with his old club at Canberra Stadium.

``It is also a great opportunity to play in such a prestigious event and to gain representative honours.''

A chance that may not have arisen had Robertson not left the nation's capital at the end of the 2005 season.

At the time, Robertson was contracted to Canberra for another year.

But a decision to curtail his career down south has seen Robertson emerge as one of the most consistent backs in the NRL over the past two seasons.

``It's the best thing I could have done, football-wise,'' he said of his move to Brookvale.

``Mick Monaghan told me that Scott Donald (ex-Manly winger) was leaving, but I still had a year to run on my contract.

``So I asked for a release ... it was something I had to do.''

It was a brave call for Robertson, after making his NRL debut with the Raiders in 2001 at just 18.

http://www.manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/05/30/10361_sports.html

I just thought that was funny.

Last edited:

Latest posts