What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfback Question

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Ok then, i'll be the first to ask.

With Jeremy Smith suspended, Does Tim Smith walk straight back into firstgrade?

discuss.

Suitman

Post Whore
JessEel said:

discuss.

No discussion needed.

The answer is yes.

Suity

Utey

Coach
Yes, apparently he was good vs Dragons?

Id have him back. Someone said it in RLW saying dropping a player is not punishing as he has no chance to redeem himself.

Kornstar

Coach
After the last 2 weeks yes, he has played very well in 2 games. If he had played all 3 games like he did vs the Cougars, then no way. However, he has really picked it up and has found some rhythm.

IF JT wants him to stay down there though then the only other option is Green!!! We cannot have Morris or PJ there, that would be suicide, neither have the organising capabilities, it needs to be Smith or Green and my money is on Smith.

I would really like to see this though

6. Green
7. Timmy

9. PJ
11. Riddell

14. Morris

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Kornstar said:
After the last 2 weeks yes, he has played very well in 2 games. If he had played all 3 games like he did vs the Cougars, then no way. However, he has really picked it up and has found some rhythm.

IF JT wants him to stay down there though then the only other option is Green!!! We cannot have Morris or PJ there, that would be suicide, neither have the organising capabilities, it needs to be Smith or Green and my money is on Smith.

I would really like to see this though

6. Green
7. Timmy

9. PJ
11. Riddell

14. Morris

agreed.

Eelectrica

Referee
Yes, put him back.
Based on the info from the Premier League game it sounds like he is coming out of his form slump.

MrT

Juniors
I don't think Tim had his head screwed on. He seems to be getting his game back slowly. Another thing, would any of his recent good form have anything to do with Brian leaving? Think about it, was Brian putting a lot of pressure on him? did he hate those 1000 text messages :lol:

V1er

Juniors
Yes, could be the game on sunday that putss timmys career back on track.

Hellsy

Immortal
I would say that he will, however it is not necessarily what could happen.
You could always start PJ in the No7 with Morris.
I'm up for either option really, if Timmy needs more time in Ressies I am happy, if he is ready to come back I am happy

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd like Tim back, yes he's been eratic but we've missed his creativity around the park and I honestly believe in my heart that we're a better football team than what we were a month ago and Tim needs some form around him to rub of on him.

bartman

Immortal
JessEel said:

discuss.
Apparently so.

The discussion could be whether he would have had Jeremy not been cited...? I'm not sure he would have, so he needs to make the most of it this week when/if he does.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Based on the way both played on friday, I am 100% sure Tim would have been back this week, regardless of Jeremy's suspension.

Get on Timmy for Channel 9 MOM this week (assuming he plays).

Also, I don't think PJ is a half anymore. He hasn't played there for a very long time, and he plays like an out and out hooker these days.

Freak2

Juniors
eelavation said:
I'd like Tim back, yes he's been eratic but we've missed his creativity around the park and I honestly believe in my heart that we're a better football team than what we were a month ago and Tim needs some form around him to rub of on him.

Do you believe our performance and Tim's absence are coincidental??

Because I don't!!

He tries hidious stuff sometimes which subconsciously deflates everyone else IMO. Too slow, cannot break the line with his running game and defence is not NRL standard!

Sorry home truths!!