What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy 99th Birthday South Sydney

Happy 99th Birthday South Sydney!

150_1779_0.jpg
The South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club is celebrating its 99th birthday today.
The Club was founded on Friday 17 January 1908 at Redfern Town Hall when JJ Giltinan was joined on the podium by cricketer Victor Trumper and politician Henry Clement Hoyle before a large crowd of supporters.
“It’s fantastic that this Club has been able to achieve the success it has over the past 99 years, and as we move into our 100th season we are putting in place the facilities and resources that we need to make this Club successful again," Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said today.
"On behalf of the Club I thank our Members and fans for supporting us for this long and we are working hard to bring the rewards all South Sydney supporters deserve in the not-too-distant future.”
To all South Sydney Football Club Members and supporters we wish you too a happy 99th birthday and we hope you enjoy 2007, the Rabbitohs 100th season.

buster bunny

Juniors
Redback71 said:
so next year will be 100 yrs 1 year behind the roosters

Souths and the Roosters are the same age so both will be 100 years old next year. The Roosters are celebrating their 100th season this year but they are not 100 years old yet

stevie013

Juniors
happy b'day souths.............hope they have some success this year. as i hope the sharkies have some too!

OVP

Coach
Bumble said:
The idiot scum fans are flocking...

Give me one good reason why this isn't going to be our 100th season.

Because you've only played 97 seasons in the top grade. You've existed for 99 seasons yes, but only played 97 of them.

Happy Birthday Bunnies, and good luck in 07.

Looks like next year you'll actually get something to put in the Trophy Room. A letter from the Queen.

innsaneink

Referee
Imagine them winning the comp next year...the NRLs centenary year....wouldnt surprise me..stranger things have happened.

Ice777

Bench
Happy birthday to the Bunnies my favorite Sydney side. Well the Sydney side i dislike the least anyway ;-)

I also hope you taste some success this year and that David Kidwell gives you every bit as good a service as what he gave us at the Storm which i'm sure he will. Good luck for 07.

Danish

Referee
Bumble said:
The idiot scum fans are flocking...

Give me one good reason why this isn't going to be our 100th season.

You missed 2, essentially.

Or are we just talking any old season in any particular grade?? In that case, go right ahead. Kind of cheapens the acheivement though.

Ice777

Bench
RainMan said:
May the football Gods give you the spoon that you deserve for 2007.

If there really is a god then surely he'd be giving the spoon to Manly wouldn't he? I can't imagine anyone being a Manly supporter let alone the great man himself :crazy:

Latest posts