What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Dragons' Day!!

Generalzod

Immortal
Jimbo you have forgotten to mention those GF debacles of 85,92,93,97,99....
Especially the 93 grand final win by the Broncs when Langer intoxicated come up with those magic words "St George can't play"....Great Stuff :clap: :clap:

Jimbo

Immortal
Nah, Dragons Day only recognises the gaffes since April 1 last year.

Otherwise I'd be at it for a f*cking month!!

Exhibit E: Gasnier duly breaks his collarbone during Origin III, and subsequently stitches up a deal to pay in England in 2005. The Dragons pay overs to keep him, and are forced to cut Riddell, Perenara, Kite and Withers as a result. Meanwhile Gasnier will play out his contract at the Dragons under sufferance, while his mind is 17,000km away

Not true.

Riddell and Kite where offered silly money. Riddell was replaced by young Mick Ennis whose purchase also made Withers role as an impact player redundant. Two birds, one stone, about 1/5 of the price.

Exhibit F: The club decides that since depth in the halves has never been a problem for them, they will only need one halfback for 2005. They proceed to pick Matthew Head over Brett Firman. Head subsequently develops a mystery illness which could threaten his career at any moment

And what of this illness?

Firman proved himself as an NRL half back, we could not have kept him if he wasn't our first choice number 7. The two are as good as each other so we chose to let Firman go as he is the more injury prone of the pair.

Exhibit H: The Dragons eventually finish 5th, provoking much hysteria among their fans and predictions that “this is the year,”

Cite?

1967 - Year of The Shark
1968 - Year of The Shark
1969 - Year of The Shark
1999 - Year of The Shark
2000 - Year of The Shark ect...

Exhibit I: Amos Roberts, universally condemned as a player by Dragons supporters in 2002 and 2003, finishes the 2004 season as top tryscorer for Penrith.

Universally condemned? Are you making this stuff up Jimboy?

This one is a non-starter. You're just trying to get through the alphabet.

In doing so, Amos joins the likes of Gorden Tallis, Jason Stevens, Luke Patten and Craig Fitzgibbon as players whose careers have flourished after escaping the mysterious curse of ineptitude brought about by wearing red and white

Is that the whole list for the last ten years? Pretty good.

What a non-point. Obviously with half a dozen players or so leaving each season some are going to go on and make a name for themselves.

And it works the other way as well with blokes like Blacklock and Riddell coming as nobody’s and leaving as Kings

But I cant believe you even mention something like this given you lot kicked out John Lang, Dally M winner Preston Campbell and Martin Lang who went on to win a premiership with Penrith in their first year - Coach Lang and Preston being central to their success. Also while most of the former Saints you mention left because they where Judas' or would'nt fit under the cap the Cronulla three where targetted and forced out of The Scum by your management. What a great move that was. :lol: :lol:

For the record I only came across this thread because some KKKronulla troll posted a link in our forum.

Booyah

Bench
Daithi O'Dickhead said:
Preston Campbell and Martin Lang who went on to win a premiership with Penrith in their first year

Really?

I'm sorry. I believe Marty Lang joined the Panthers in 2002. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but did the Roosters not win the comp in 2002?

Idiot. #-o

Daithi O'Dumbarse said:
Also while most of the former Saints you mention left because they where Judas' or would'nt fit under the cap the Cronulla three where targetted and forced out of The Scum by your management.

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~karthur/Peter/images/genius.jpg

"My name is Daithi and English is my favorite subject."

#-o ](*,)

Booyah said:
Daithi O'Dickhead said:
Preston Campbell and Martin Lang who went on to win a premiership with Penrith in their first year

Really?

I'm sorry. I believe Marty Lang joined the Panthers in 2002. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but did the Roosters not win the comp in 2002?

Ohh big difference dickhead.

So he won you filth the minor premiership in 99, you FIRE HIM in 2001, he joins Penrith inheriting a shit team, and within in two years turns them into premiers. All with the help of another bloke you chucked out on his ear.

I'm sure Ando would have killed for some of that "winning culture". :lol: :lol:

Booyah

Bench
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Booyah said:
Daithi O'Dickhead said:

Really?

Ohh big difference dickhead.

So he won you filth the minor premiership in 99, you FIRE HIM in 2001, he joins Penrith inheriting a sh*t team, and within in two years turns them into premiers. All with the help of another bloke you chucked out on his ear.

I'm sure Ando would have killed for some of that "winning culture". :lol: :lol:

There is a big difference you dumb f*ck.

2002 is 2002.

2003 is 2003.

Get it? Or need me to explain how the whole 'the earth takes 365 days to rotate' thing works for you.

Genius.

Jimbo

Immortal
Daithi O'Conaill said:
So he won you filth the minor premiership in 99

Are you still talking about Martin? It seems you've changed your focus to John...

you FIRE HIM in 2001

Incorrect

he joins Penrith inheriting a sh*t team, and within in two years turns them into premiers. All with the help of another bloke you chucked out on his ear.

And good on him.

I don't think you'll find a single person in here that would begrudge John Lang any of the success he has had at Penrith.

I think I might call you 'Exhibit Q'

1 point for effort at least scummy o'conaill (noticeable silence from other scummers till 2005 duck be broken) but you really lost us at the part about 'riddell' and 'left as a king'... can we get your dealers phone number please ?

ps - cheer up ribs :nwave: smock-coker

God-King Dean

Immortal
Aww, how sweet. He made such a big effort to try & make another team look bad to take the focus of Sharks. It's only fair that I do a Shark timeline in kind

1967: Cronulla enters the competition
30 years later
1997: Cronulla whores themselves to Super League

Done

Fin_

Juniors
1999: St George Illawarra enters the competition

Done ;-)

wittyfan

Referee
I never knew that Baaaaaaz was an angel.

With all his recurring injuries the Gods have hardly been smiling on him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets take a look at the history of the club all these angry Illawarra fans support

1982 Joined competition

1992 began to rise

1998 merged with the Dragons to try and make them competitive, it works for a year

2005 bottom of the ladder

great stuff :clap:

Collateral

Coach
I'd make a timeline like this about the sharks...but unfortunantly I dont pay that close attention to the Sharks and am not sad enough to record their past transaction of a whole year....thus, I am not a closet Sharks fan.

Luckily for us the competition isnt won in April....wish i could say the same for you guys but you couldnt win it if it was decided after round 1...

carinashark

First Grade
I love coming home from work on the princes hwy at blakehurst lights and seeing that HUGE bilboard "Dragons thats my team" . . Puts a smile on my face everytime!
Carinashark

DJDL

First Grade
Madunit, love the avatar.
I was only telling someone the other day about Shirty. :D

God-King Dean

Immortal
Poor Illawarra. I wonder if they wish that they could turn back time.....

Illawarra wouldn't be in the NRL if it wasn't for the merger. You obviously don't know what you're talking about

Latest posts